HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Encompassing Draft Day Thread (Formerly Yakupov Thread)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
  #26
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeegosorry View Post
Dreger is saying that his sources told him that the Oilers will be picking Ryan Murray.

Oh great.
If so then why would Stu give him such a lackluster review? In case we trade down? Now that it's out there it's not like he can just retract his statement.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
  #27
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,568
vCash: 500
I have a hard time putting much stock in Dreger's western sources...although Rishaug insists that there's a real chance that Murray is picked (he did so yesterday on Gregor's show).

CanadianCommie is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
  #28
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor
 
Johnny McBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So what did he exactly say? I will say this I was okay with taking Murray as I didn't know what Stu thought of him, but now that I see what Stu thinks this would be a mistake.
He said his sources think that the Oil are gonna take Murray, because Lowe has say in the descision. They think since Murray was invited to the worlds, that he is a lock for #1

Johnny McBravo is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:10 PM
  #29
Wheathead
Formally a McRib
 
Wheathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,085
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
He said his sources think that the Oil are gonna take Murray, because Lowe has say in the descision. They think since Murray was invited to the worlds, that he is a lock for #1
Lowe would have invited Yakupov too if he weren't Russian.

Wheathead is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
  #30
The Bored Man
5-14-6-1
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Interview with MacGregor coming up on Ched at ~12:30.

The Bored Man is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:12 PM
  #31
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,339
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfaninvan View Post
I have to think its between yak and Galy.
Galchenyuk hasn't been in the discussion for a while

The Nuge is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
  #32
SilverHaireDevil
Registered User
 
SilverHaireDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
My guess? they take Grigorenko with the first and trade Gagner plus for the Ducks 6th or Carolinas 8th and score one of the Dmen the top ten.

SilverHaireDevil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:15 PM
  #33
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Galchenyuk hasn't been in the discussion for a while
I doubt that..Just because they didn't bring him to Edmonton 'this time' and some of the media types didn't get the memo, doesn't mean he isn't considered 2-3 with the Oil...

Oilfan2 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:17 PM
  #34
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer
 
Mcworraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
My guess? they take Grigorenko with the first and trade Gagner plus for the Ducks 6th or Carolinas 8th and score one of the Dmen the top ten.
Grigorenko is outside of most people's top 5 so that would also qualify for going full ******. That doesn't mean that they won't do it, if anyone can go full ****** it is this management team.

Mcworraps is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
  #35
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor
 
Johnny McBravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
grigorenko is outside of most people's top 5 so that would also qualify for going full ******. That doesn't mean that they won't do it, if anyone can go full ****** it is this management team.
it's over 9000!!!!!!!!!

Johnny McBravo is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
  #36
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,191
vCash: 2642
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor

Galchenyuk said he hasn't spoken to Oilers since the combine. I'm speculating, but that make it seem unlikely that he goes #1.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
  #37
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
My guess? they take Grigorenko with the first and trade Gagner plus for the Ducks 6th or Carolinas 8th and score one of the Dmen the top ten.
Honestly I could live with that as long as Grigorenko reaches his potential.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
  #38
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Who gets Nailed, probably the chick that doesn't realize Jelena Mrdjenovich hast twice the power she had the last time they fought.
whoever Doughty wants!

Petro Points is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
  #39
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,101
vCash: 500
Stauffer says Nail Yakupov is probably going to be the first name called.

But...

Soli is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
  #40
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Grigorenko is outside of most people's top 5 so that would also qualify for going full ******. That doesn't mean that they won't do it, if anyone can go full ****** it is this management team.
I don't believe that it would TBH, I doubt that he makes it past Toronto at #5 and he might even go #3 to Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor

Galchenyuk said he hasn't spoken to Oilers since the combine. I'm speculating, but that make it seem unlikely that he goes #1.
Stu didn't seem extremely high on him so that's not too big of a surprise IMO.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
  #41
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Stauffer says Nail Yakupov is probably going to be the first name called.

But...
Did he say But, or did you? That sounds to me like the pick will be traded.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
  #42
SilverHaireDevil
Registered User
 
SilverHaireDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Grigorenko is outside of most people's top 5 so that would also qualify for going full ******. That doesn't mean that they won't do it, if anyone can go full ****** it is this management team.
Yep and its why I made that guess. Grigs qualifies as the "big" two way center that this team has wanted for a long time. We are stocked (fairly well on the wing) our D prospects are ripening nicely, but samwise cannot escape the "snowpants" perception.

this is a Guess first and foremost "I" have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my gut instinct says that someone up high in management thinks that they are more S M R T than the rest of the hockey world.

Heck I guessed at Mac T coming back, why not this too?

SilverHaireDevil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
  #43
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 16,021
vCash: 500
If you want Dreger's exact words, here it is (supplied to us in our draft GDT, i have no idea if this is right or not.)

Darren Dreger on TSN: "Tambellini is playing poker right now and he's bluffing all those who are asking who he's going to take. The sources that I'm dealing with are convinced that he's going to take the defenseman, and that he's going to go with Ryan Murray. And they applied the logic that, Kevin Lowe, who has a say in this process, as Steve Tambellini's boss, obviously likes Ryan Murray, because he brought him over to the World Championships, and they believe that he can step in as an NHL Defenseman, and make an impact relatively quick. I think he goes with Murray, but there's still a lot of time left, and that pick is still somewhat in play."

CBJWennberg41 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:23 PM
  #44
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Honestly I could live with that as long as Grigorenko reaches his potential.
Like I stated earlier they probably scouted Grigorenko as much as anyone not expecting to win lottery, also they invited him here so they like him also their qmjhl scout is still the same guy who really pushed hard for Hemsky.

Oilmageddon* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  #45
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
Yep and its why I made that guess. Grigs qualifies as the "big" two way center that this team has wanted for a long time. We are stocked (fairly well on the wing) our D prospects are ripening nicely, but samwise cannot escape the "snowpants" perception.

this is a Guess first and foremost "I" have no inside knowledge whatsoever, but my gut instinct says that someone up high in management thinks that they are more S M R T than the rest of the hockey world.

Heck I guessed at Mac T coming back, why not this too?
At least he has the potential to be the best player in this draft, that's more than I can say for Murray.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  #46
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I don't believe that it would TBH, I doubt that he makes it past Toronto at #5 and he might even go #3 to Montreal.



Stu didn't seem extremely high on him so that's not too big of a surprise IMO.
They should have shown more interest if for nothing else but being a linemate of Yakupov. Could have invited him over to EDM at the same time as Yakupov.

Petro Points is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
  #47
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,191
vCash: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I don't believe that it would TBH, I doubt that he makes it past Toronto at #5 and he might even go #3 to Montreal.



Stu didn't seem extremely high on him so that's not too big of a surprise IMO.
It's odd every time someone brings up Galchenyuk wasn't brought to Edmonton so he isn't in the Oil top 5, Brownlee gets grumpy.

Poster:"I don't recall Galchenyuk being among the 5 prospects that were listed by MacGregor as being considered by the Oilers at #1. My recollection was Yakupov, Murray, Grigorenko, Reinhart and Forsberg. Has that somehow changed?"

Brownlee:Your recollection is based on interviews you've read or heard with MacGregor. Mine is based on multiple conversations I've had with him.

Poster:"If Alex Galchenyuk is in the Oilers plans, why wasn't he brought to Edmonton for an interview?"

Brownlee:I wrote an entire item about this June 7. The Oilers talked to Galchenyuk at length this season and one of their scouts, Kent Hawley, is friends with his dad, Alex Sr., and knows the kid very well.


joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
  #48
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 54,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
Like I stated earlier they probably scouted Grigorenko as much as anyone not expecting to win lottery, also they invited him here so they like him also their qmjhl scout is still the same guy who really pushed hard for Hemsky.
Did he push hard for Pouliot too though?

IMO he'd be a great addition, a Russian Thornton IMO.

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #49
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,266
vCash: 500


Here's my yakupov jersey. I'll wear it no matter what happens tomorrow.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #50
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,191
vCash: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
If you want Dreger's exact words, here it is (supplied to us in our draft GDT, i have no idea if this is right or not.)

Darren Dreger on TSN: "Tambellini is playing poker right now and he's bluffing all those who are asking who he's going to take. The sources that I'm dealing with are convinced that he's going to take the defenseman, and that he's going to go with Ryan Murray. And they applied the logic that, Kevin Lowe, who has a say in this process, as Steve Tambellini's boss, obviously likes Ryan Murray, because he brought him over to the World Championships, and they believe that he can step in as an NHL Defenseman, and make an impact relatively quick. I think he goes with Murray, but there's still a lot of time left, and that pick is still somewhat in play."
So really he's just throwing something out there like many others?

joestevens29 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.