HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIII - UnoLussy (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
AlmightyPO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
What Vancouver media has been posted?

Damien Cox has been trashing Vancouver for well over a year.
What is the Vancouver media saying? I am genuinely interested in what they think of the whole situation.

Old
Bills09

Again calling it now

To Toronto
Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly
2012 2nd Rounder (TOR) 35th overall

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Here's a question. So far, of every media source quoted or referred to, I haven't seen a single one that Vancouver fans consider reliable (that's putting it mildly) - even their own. (Not to say there hasn't been one, but I'm not going back through 11 threads in case I missed it!)

Who would Vancouver fans feel *is* somewhat reliable, informed, whatever? If we get that info, we could look for their thoughts on the subject.
Gillis doesn't leak to the media. Not one single Vancouver writer had an inkling that Hodgson was being traded for Kassian until the deal happened.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
As a fan of neither team, here is how I see it. Why would Vancouver trade a #1 goalie to Toronto for Komisarek when he would be a 6th-7th D-man? Yes...you could say they both have bad contracts, but Luongo is actuall STILL a good player. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

If I am the Canucks, I hold out for a deal that makes sense. And if it means starting the season with 2 #1's...so be it. Some team will get off to a slow start or have an injury and will be looking for a trade. Imagine if say Broduer gets hurt and is out for 3 months. They would jump at the chance to continue their winning ways.

There
How often does a good goalie get traded mid season? Not very often. You know why? Because teams have already committed x amount of money in cap and there would be no way of taking on over $45+ million in salary.

Old
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I doubt Gillis would or could stop Burke from moving a bad contract somewhere else... The Canucks don't need to take back a bad contract... If Burke needs to get rid of a contract like Komisarek's to justify getting Luongo, that's Burke's problem, not Gillis'...
That's what I heard from what Dreger was saying, whether it has any basis in reality is another story haha.

Old
arsmaster

Quote:
Here's a question. So far, of every media source quoted or referred to, I haven't seen a single one that Vancouver fans consider reliable (that's putting it mildly) - even their own. (Not to say there hasn't been one, but I'm not going back through 11 threads in case I missed it!)

Who would Vancouver fans feel *is* somewhat reliable, informed, whatever? If we get that info, we could look for their thoughts on the subject.
Does it matter?

Media don't make trades do they?

Read Cox's article, there is no semblance on impartiality.

Gillis' deals don't get reported until they are done...any media, or rumour monger proposing the know different is speculating.

Old
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:

I don't know that any was. I vaguely remember a comment along the lines of how bad the media's sources were, "including our own." (paraphrased)

But I'd like to see something from the Vancouver media, it would be interesting to see what they have to say about this whole thing. I'm off to the hospital to visit a sick family member, I may browse around the 'net when I get back home.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Schenn is was drafted higher than Karlsson, Myers, Gardiner, Del Zotto, Carlson etc...

Draft position does not make you better player.

The only place Kadri has out performed Schroeder is the AHL...can't compare NCAA to OHL.

Like another poster said, Schroeder is the all time leader in points at the WJHC for an American.

We'll keep the guy who thinks better....Kadri bigger, Schroder is stronger.
All draft position means is that NHL scouts thought higher of Kadri 3 years ago than they did Schroeder.
Since Kadri has performed better at the AHL, the only level they have both played. I dont see why that thinking should have changed.

Old
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I sense that you're weakening. Two more Bond threads and we may just wear you down.
There would have to be a Bond film called "I've lost my *** mind" for me to agree to that.

Old
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Does it matter?

Media don't make trades do they?
No. Nor do the fans on this message board!

Quote:
Read Cox's article, there is no semblance on impartiality.
Didn't say it was anything other than that, did I?

Quote:
Gillis' deals don't get reported until they are done...any media, or rumour monger proposing the know different is speculating.
Everything from everyone is speculation at this point. I just think it would be interesting to hear what the Vancouver media is speculating. I can't see where there's anything wrong with that.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
colchar

Quote:

Damien Cox has been trashing Vancouver for well over a year.
I posted previously that Maclean and Garrett had said that there was virtually no interest in Luongo throughout the league and most Vancouver fans here claimed Garrett was useless and then went on with their Gardiner plus the 5th nonsense.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Provost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I still dont think they have any interest in trading Bjugstad. Especially to upgrade a position they dont need to upgrade.
Would they like to upgrade their goaltending? Sure but not at that price.
He is fairly low down the totem on their prospect list... not one of their very top guys. There are only so many roster spaces open for rookies on a team that intends to make the playoffs regularly while becoming a real contender. Bjugstad hasn't even signed a contract with the Panthers yet.

Huberdeau is their top centre prospect
Drew Shore is probably closer than Bjugstad to make the roster as a 3rd line centre

He is a great prospect, but he is in a pool of remarkable prospects. The Panthers probably have 4 guys who are better than anything in the Canucks or Leafs systems. They can afford to move out a prospect especially if it isn't Huberdeau; Gudbranson; Marksstrom or Howden.

Many sources do believe that they want to upgrade their goaltending as well... so it isn't just folks shooting in the dark. Markstsrom is a few years away from being a starter and there are risks around his health (knees).

Old
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelove View Post
I'm suggesting Gillis will demand that from Burke, Burke will say 'no', Lou to Panthers.
Gilles won't demand that because he's not retarded and knows that he won't get close to that return.

Old
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Gillis doesn't leak to the media. Not one single Vancouver writer had an inkling that Hodgson was being traded for Kassian until the deal happened.
We're not talking about what Gillis has said. We're talking about what the media is speculating.

So, what is the Vancouver media talking about at this point in time? Surely there must be *some* Canucks coverage. And none of it has any speculation whatsoever about the path the team is going to take with its goalies?

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
There would have to be a Bond film called "I've lost my *** mind" for me to agree to that.
LOL! Darn! I thought I sensed some wavering for a second!

Old
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
As a fan of neither team, here is how I see it. Why would Vancouver trade a #1 goalie to Toronto for Komisarek when he would be a 6th-7th D-man? Yes...you could say they both have bad contracts, but Luongo is actuall STILL a good player. BIG DIFFERENCE!!

If I am the Canucks, I hold out for a deal that makes sense. And if it means starting the season with 2 #1's...so be it. Some team will get off to a slow start or have an injury and will be looking for a trade. Imagine if say Broduer gets hurt and is out for 3 months. They would jump at the chance to continue their winning ways.

There
According to Eastern media the Canucks "have to move Luongo"... which really is not true this year. Hell they could probably still move Schneider.

It's comical, I think Damien Cox has written more begrudging "fine we'll take Luongo" reports than any Vancouver writer has even written bout Luongo in the last two months.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...or-maple-leafs

Old
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
How often does a good goalie get traded mid season? Not very often. You know why? Because teams have already committed x amount of money in cap and there would be no way of taking on over $45+ million in salary.
Why should Gillis take on garbage players with high cap hits to make a deal with Toronto? At least Luongo can actually contribute, despite the contract (which isn't bad at all). The cap hit going to both teams will probably be about the same. It's just that you're more likely to get players that can actually pitch in if you wait longer.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
We're not talking about what Gillis has said. We're talking about what the media is speculating.

So, what is the Vancouver media talking about at this point in time? Surely there must be *some* Canucks coverage. And none of it has any speculation whatsoever about the path the team is going to take with its goalies?
With all the Toronto media reports and what ever else being posted I have been surprised to not see any Vancouver media articles posted.
Quote:
According to Eastern media the Canucks "have to move Luongo"... which really is not true this year. Hell they could probably still move Schneider.

It's comical, I think Damien Cox has written more begrudging "fine we'll take Luongo" reports than any Vancouver writer has even written bout Luongo in the last two months.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...or-maple-leafs
What does the Western media think?

Old
06-21-2012, 02:52 PM
dfunk

I really don't think any Luongo trade happens before Schneider gets inked to a new deal, just a feeling.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
It's mixed. I've heard Ferraro say that there will not be much return and others say that a decent return will be achieved. I think most Vancouver writers see a deal with Toronto as the most likely but to be honest I haven't read a great deal about any conjecture on the players coming back. Most of the stories are just quoting what Gillis has said. My personal view is that we won't see a deal until a deal in principle with Schneider is worked out. All reports so far are that this proces has just started.

Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Again calling it now

To Toronto
Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver
Cody Franson
Tim Connolly
2012 2nd Rounder (TOR) 35th overall
I am inclined to agree with you. This seems realistic

Old
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provost View Post
He is fairly low down the totem on their prospect list... not one of their very top guys. There are only so many roster spaces open for rookies on a team that intends to make the playoffs regularly while becoming a real contender. Bjugstad hasn't even signed a contract with the Panthers yet.

Huberdeau is their top centre prospect
Drew Shore is probably closer than Bjugstad to make the roster as a 3rd line centre

He is a great prospect, but he is in a pool of remarkable prospects. The Panthers probably have 4 guys who are better than anything in the Canucks or Leafs systems. They can afford to move out a prospect especially if it isn't Huberdeau; Gudbranson; Marksstrom or Howden.

Many sources do believe that they want to upgrade their goaltending as well... so it isn't just folks shooting in the dark. Markstsrom is a few years away from being a starter and there are risks around his health (knees).
I am no expert on the Panthers. Not even close.
But every time there has been a proposal for Bjugstad on these boards their fans have shot it down. Including when his name was brought up for Luongo a few threads ago. They seem to be higher on him than they are on Howden.

Old
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:

Truly not much.

Today, talking hockey, they spent 30 mins discussing how easy Eastern Travel is.

Here's one from yesterday:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...489/story.html

Quote:
Luongo's value spiking after Harding's re-up with Wild

Old
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Kip96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelove View Post
Understood, first overall in 2013 should be the goal for the Leafs....
It always is now. With their amazing goaltending last year the Leafs went from 4-5th in the East all the way down to 5th last in the league

Why in the world would they want one of the best regular season goalies who would easily carry that strong offense into the playoffs?

Old
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
What does the Western media think?
They don't, they mostly just report.

Closed Thread