HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
  #76
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation
 
Zajacs Bowl Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southampton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 39,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Devils fans...what about a package of Henrique with (as examples) Volchenkov, Zubrus, Tallinder, members of that sexy third line from the playoffs, or *gulp* Clarkson?

Obviously it's Schneider+ (+?).
again, Henrique is really a non-starter. for the Devils to trade him they would need A) an upgrade at center or B) an upgrade on D and as much as I love Schneider I just can't see it happening. Volch has a NTC and Zubrus I would like to keep.

if only we could build a package surrounding Clarkson, that I could be down for

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:30 AM
  #77
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 500
Honestly, the Oilers would be the ideal trade partner for Vancouver if Edmonton somehow decides to pick itself up, flies east and plants itself beside PEI.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
  #78
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,412
vCash: 500
I understand everyone's logic when considering trading Schneider over Luongo; we can win with both goalies, we're in win now mode, so trade the one that brings back the highest return.

I've been back and forth on the idea, but I've come to a conclusion: keep Schneider at all costs. The kid has ridiculous stats in games that matter most, his S% vs. playoff teams this year was 0.945 with a GAA of about 1.85.

I don't blame Luongo for most of our playoff falters, but I do think the team needs a new face in goal. It just seems like its time to cut Luongo loose, even if the value isn't as great.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
  #79
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I understand everyone's logic when considering trading Schneider over Luongo; we can win with both goalies, we're in win now mode, so trade the one that brings back the highest return.

I've been back and forth on the idea, but I've come to a conclusion: keep Schneider at all costs. The kid has ridiculous stats in games that matter most, his S% vs. playoff teams this year was 0.945 with a GAA of about 1.85.

I don't blame Luongo for most of our playoff falters, but I do think the team needs a new face in goal. It just seems like its time to cut Luongo loose, even if the value isn't as great.
Nothing personal directed at you Luck, but I have noticed that Vancouver fans are getting so beaten down by the greater tide of anti-Canuck sentiment that the proposals coming out of our camp are meeker and more fey by the hour. Luongo (not the topic here I realize) is a top-flight goaltender. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nowhere but on HF would a goalie one year removed from a SCF game 7 and another year from an Olympic gold be so admonished (not to mention his decade of solid to excellent play). I think GM's across the continent know what a goalie like Lou is worth, and its more than Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd or MPS, Teubert and a 2nd. I think they also know that 10 years is really only 6 years on that deal when you consider that in the final 4 years of the contract, luongo only makes $6-million and change. $6m/4y = $1.5m per, a number most teams could bury in the minors without breaking a sweat. Plus, his cap hit is only 5.3 year-to-year, a very reasonable number, especially with the cap at $70m+. Luongo is worth another top-end player in trade, or a top pick +. That is my opinion, and I don't see how everyone is so sure that he isn't. From where I'm standing, it just doesn't make sense.

Look on the bright side - we only have to wait a little while longer to find out what's going to happen. I think I'll be validated, but if it turns out I was wrong, feel free to throw this post in my face. Still, I'm happy putting it out there.

As to Schneider, I see your point, and I'd be happy going forward with either goalie. I think that Luongo, at this point, is the more valuable trade asset, making Schneider the obvious answer.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
  #80
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch
 
Socratic Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Nothing personal directed at you Luck, but I have noticed that Vancouver fans are getting so beaten down by the greater tide of anti-Canuck sentiment that the proposals coming out of our camp are meeker and more fey by the hour. Luongo (not the topic here I realize) is a top-flight goaltender. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nowhere but on HF would a goalie one year removed from a SCF game 7 and another year from an Olympic gold be so admonished (not to mention his decade of solid to excellent play). I think GM's across the continent know what a goalie like Lou is worth, and its more than Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd or MPS, Teubert and a 2nd. I think they also know that 10 years is really only 6 years on that deal when you consider that in the final 4 years of the contract, luongo only makes $6-million and change. $6m/4y = $1.5m per, a number most teams could bury in the minors without breaking a sweat. Plus, his cap hit is only 5.3 year-to-year, a very reasonable number, especially with the cap at $70m+. Luongo is worth another top-end player in trade, or a top pick +. That is my opinion, and I don't see how everyone is so sure that he isn't. From where I'm standing, it just doesn't make sense.

Look on the bright side - we only have to wait a little while longer to find out what's going to happen. I think I'll be validated, but if it turns out I was wrong, feel free to throw this post in my face. Still, I'm happy putting it out there.

As to Schneider, I see your point, and I'd be happy going forward with either goalie. I think that Luongo, at this point, is the more valuable trade asset, making Schneider the obvious answer.
You nailed it, of course. I think people who have good critical thinking skills have realized this all along - for example, I feel the same way and always did, but I just haven't been engaging in discussion on the topic because there is so much militant ignorance being spread on the topic. And I'm not being rude here, because people literally say things that contradict direct facts. And do so aggressively. That is militant ignorance.

Edit: examples being "luongo has poor numbers recently", "Luongo has not put up elite numbers over his career", "Luongo has a high cap hit". This kind of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Poor example as Schneider is worth nowhere near RNH
I'm actually not sure this is true. RNH should become, or at least we expect him to become, a top-flight talent at his position. Not top-10, but still very talented. And Schneider, has already proven to be a top-flight talent at his position - a more important position, according to some people. So it is elite talent for elite talent, I think it's foolish to say the value is "nowhere near" the same. In fact, the value is probably very, very close.


Last edited by Socratic Method Man: 06-21-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
  #81
Vandelay Industries
Registered User
 
Vandelay Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Ive hear Columbus fans state that they would prefer not to use Nash or the 2nd overall to fix their goalie issue, but damn id love to swing a deal with Schneider and the 2nd as main pieces, obviously not straight up though.

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
  #82
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Why would you trade Schnieder when Luongo has come out and asked for a trade?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  #83
Alflives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
Ive hear Columbus fans state that they would prefer not to use Nash or the 2nd overall to fix their goalie issue, but damn id love to swing a deal with Schneider and the 2nd as main pieces, obviously not straight up though.
You have the first part correct. But Gillis would need to then "flip" Nash to Nashville (no pun intended) for Shea Weber. Only then, does it make any sense to trade Snieder.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
  #84
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Why would you trade Schnieder when Luongo has come out and asked for a trade?
Both guys have basically stated if they're not a starter they'd rather not be here...

One is under contract and had to demand a trade, one doesn't have a contract and didn't have to demand a trade...

That's the way I see it.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
  #85
CanaFan
Registered User
 
CanaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Why would you trade Schnieder when Luongo has come out and asked for a trade?

Cause I'm pretty sure he hasn't "asked" for a trade. If you can find me the quote, I'd be happy to recant but I assume you are confusing "trade request" with his "I won't stand in the way if they want to trade me" statement. If so, you need to understand the context of the statement. The Canucks were just upset by LA in 5 games. Schneider, the "heir apparent" just played the final 3 games and - while losing to an ungodly Jonathan Quick - played extremely well. Luongo, realizing there will be endless speculation about whether CS has supplanted him as the #1, probably threw that out to reporters so that he wouldn't get asked endlessly about whether he would waive his NTC. Nothing more. I agree both he and Schneider CANNOT be back next year, but if Schneider is moved then I don't see any reason why Luongo would "demand" to be traded still. He likes it here, hell he negotiated the NTC into his contract, and he knows the market is limited given his age and contract length. He *may* get traded, but it isn't because he *demanded* it.

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
  #86
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
We arent giving up Gardiner straight up for Schneider, let alone adding a 2nd. Maybe Schenn + MacArthur +McKegg+ 2013 2nd +2013 3rd


It was a 4th not a 2nd, and that offer is disgusting.

The only way I move Schneider to Toronto is for Gardiner+ a pick or 5thoa + another pick.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
  #87
GoodbyeLuongo
Registered User
 
GoodbyeLuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Canuck fans: Do u think we could maybe snag Tambellini back from Switzerland.

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
  #88
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...
 
My name is Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
If the Oilers want Schneider one of Eberle, Hall, RNH or this years 1st has to come back to the Canucks


Good one i needed a laugh today

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
  #89
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Legion View Post


Good one i needed a laugh today
Whats so funny? It's true.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
  #90
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...
 
My name is Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Whats so funny? It's true.
For a good young unproven goalie, yet to handle full time duties ?? I'm not saying that he is worth are Garbage like a Oil fan offered earlier but I would not trade him straight across for the first or RNH, Hall or Eberle unless there is something else coming back. He just has not proven enough yet to fetch such a high price tag.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
  #91
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Legion View Post
For a good young unproven goalie, yet to handle full time duties ?? I'm not saying that he is worth are Garbage like a Oil fan offered earlier but I would not trade him straight across for the first or RNH, Hall or Eberle unless there is something else coming back. He just has not proven enough yet to fetch such a high price tag.
Answer this question then:

What incentive do the Canucks have to moving one of the best young goaltenders in the NHL to a divisional rival, a team that is on the rise?

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:27 PM
  #92
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Answer this question then:

What incentive do the Canucks have to moving one of the best young goaltenders in the NHL to a divisional rival, a team that is on the rise?
What? That logic goes both ways. Why would the Oilers move a fantastic young player to a division rival? Certainly not for Schneider, that's for sure.

Try again, but be better this time.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
  #93
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
What? That logic goes both ways. Why would the Oilers move a fantastic young player to a division rival? Certainly not for Schneider, that's for sure.

Try again, but be better this time.
A deal won't get done. End of story. Schneider is worth a young impact forward because he is a young impact goalie. But there is no way these two clubs deal with one another.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
  #94
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
What? That logic goes both ways. Why would the Oilers move a fantastic young player to a division rival? Certainly not for Schneider, that's for sure.

Try again, but be better this time.
The Canucks don't need to move Schneider to the Oilers. There will be a line up of teams offering for his services.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:43 PM
  #95
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...
 
My name is Legion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
The Canucks don't need to move Schneider to the Oilers. There will be a line up of teams offering for his services.
I agree but it wont be anywhere near 1st overall / RNH,Hall, or Eberle equivalent. I understand the Canucks would never trade him to a division rival that would be a bonehead move.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  #96
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
If he goes to edm i say schneider for MPS and Gagner

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #97
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If he goes to edm i say schneider for MPS and Gagner

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.
In Chicago maybe.

Raymond is winger, Gagner is a centre...

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  #98
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If he goes to edm i say schneider for MPS and Gagner

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.
MPS would be an upgrade over who exactly?

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  #99
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
If he goes to edm i say schneider for MPS and Gagner

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.
MPS wouldn`t make the Canucks roster

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #100
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
LAst year Keslers mates were Booth and Higgins for most of the seasom.

MPS is a clear upgrade on both of them. He is a dynamic PPG winger who hasnt even scratched his potential.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.