HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Devils fans...what about a package of Henrique with (as examples) Volchenkov, Zubrus, Tallinder, members of that sexy third line from the playoffs, or *gulp* Clarkson?

Obviously it's Schneider+ (+?).
again, Henrique is really a non-starter. for the Devils to trade him they would need A) an upgrade at center or B) an upgrade on D and as much as I love Schneider I just can't see it happening. Volch has a NTC and Zubrus I would like to keep.

if only we could build a package surrounding Clarkson, that I could be down for

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Honestly, the Oilers would be the ideal trade partner for Vancouver if Edmonton somehow decides to pick itself up, flies east and plants itself beside PEI.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I understand everyone's logic when considering trading Schneider over Luongo; we can win with both goalies, we're in win now mode, so trade the one that brings back the highest return.

I've been back and forth on the idea, but I've come to a conclusion: keep Schneider at all costs. The kid has ridiculous stats in games that matter most, his S% vs. playoff teams this year was 0.945 with a GAA of about 1.85.

I don't blame Luongo for most of our playoff falters, but I do think the team needs a new face in goal. It just seems like its time to cut Luongo loose, even if the value isn't as great.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I understand everyone's logic when considering trading Schneider over Luongo; we can win with both goalies, we're in win now mode, so trade the one that brings back the highest return.

I've been back and forth on the idea, but I've come to a conclusion: keep Schneider at all costs. The kid has ridiculous stats in games that matter most, his S% vs. playoff teams this year was 0.945 with a GAA of about 1.85.

I don't blame Luongo for most of our playoff falters, but I do think the team needs a new face in goal. It just seems like its time to cut Luongo loose, even if the value isn't as great.
Nothing personal directed at you Luck, but I have noticed that Vancouver fans are getting so beaten down by the greater tide of anti-Canuck sentiment that the proposals coming out of our camp are meeker and more fey by the hour. Luongo (not the topic here I realize) is a top-flight goaltender. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nowhere but on HF would a goalie one year removed from a SCF game 7 and another year from an Olympic gold be so admonished (not to mention his decade of solid to excellent play). I think GM's across the continent know what a goalie like Lou is worth, and its more than Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd or MPS, Teubert and a 2nd. I think they also know that 10 years is really only 6 years on that deal when you consider that in the final 4 years of the contract, luongo only makes $6-million and change. $6m/4y = $1.5m per, a number most teams could bury in the minors without breaking a sweat. Plus, his cap hit is only 5.3 year-to-year, a very reasonable number, especially with the cap at $70m+. Luongo is worth another top-end player in trade, or a top pick +. That is my opinion, and I don't see how everyone is so sure that he isn't. From where I'm standing, it just doesn't make sense.

Look on the bright side - we only have to wait a little while longer to find out what's going to happen. I think I'll be validated, but if it turns out I was wrong, feel free to throw this post in my face. Still, I'm happy putting it out there.

As to Schneider, I see your point, and I'd be happy going forward with either goalie. I think that Luongo, at this point, is the more valuable trade asset, making Schneider the obvious answer.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Nothing personal directed at you Luck, but I have noticed that Vancouver fans are getting so beaten down by the greater tide of anti-Canuck sentiment that the proposals coming out of our camp are meeker and more fey by the hour. Luongo (not the topic here I realize) is a top-flight goaltender. I've said it before and I'll say it again: nowhere but on HF would a goalie one year removed from a SCF game 7 and another year from an Olympic gold be so admonished (not to mention his decade of solid to excellent play). I think GM's across the continent know what a goalie like Lou is worth, and its more than Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd or MPS, Teubert and a 2nd. I think they also know that 10 years is really only 6 years on that deal when you consider that in the final 4 years of the contract, luongo only makes $6-million and change. $6m/4y = $1.5m per, a number most teams could bury in the minors without breaking a sweat. Plus, his cap hit is only 5.3 year-to-year, a very reasonable number, especially with the cap at $70m+. Luongo is worth another top-end player in trade, or a top pick +. That is my opinion, and I don't see how everyone is so sure that he isn't. From where I'm standing, it just doesn't make sense.

Look on the bright side - we only have to wait a little while longer to find out what's going to happen. I think I'll be validated, but if it turns out I was wrong, feel free to throw this post in my face. Still, I'm happy putting it out there.

As to Schneider, I see your point, and I'd be happy going forward with either goalie. I think that Luongo, at this point, is the more valuable trade asset, making Schneider the obvious answer.
You nailed it, of course. I think people who have good critical thinking skills have realized this all along - for example, I feel the same way and always did, but I just haven't been engaging in discussion on the topic because there is so much militant ignorance being spread on the topic. And I'm not being rude here, because people literally say things that contradict direct facts. And do so aggressively. That is militant ignorance.

Edit: examples being "luongo has poor numbers recently", "Luongo has not put up elite numbers over his career", "Luongo has a high cap hit". This kind of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Poor example as Schneider is worth nowhere near RNH
I'm actually not sure this is true. RNH should become, or at least we expect him to become, a top-flight talent at his position. Not top-10, but still very talented. And Schneider, has already proven to be a top-flight talent at his position - a more important position, according to some people. So it is elite talent for elite talent, I think it's foolish to say the value is "nowhere near" the same. In fact, the value is probably very, very close.

Last edited by Socratic Method Man: 06-21-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Vandelay Industries

Ive hear Columbus fans state that they would prefer not to use Nash or the 2nd overall to fix their goalie issue, but damn id love to swing a deal with Schneider and the 2nd as main pieces, obviously not straight up though.

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Puckgenius*

Why would you trade Schnieder when Luongo has come out and asked for a trade?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
Ive hear Columbus fans state that they would prefer not to use Nash or the 2nd overall to fix their goalie issue, but damn id love to swing a deal with Schneider and the 2nd as main pieces, obviously not straight up though.
You have the first part correct. But Gillis would need to then "flip" Nash to Nashville (no pun intended) for Shea Weber. Only then, does it make any sense to trade Snieder.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Both guys have basically stated if they're not a starter they'd rather not be here...

One is under contract and had to demand a trade, one doesn't have a contract and didn't have to demand a trade...

That's the way I see it.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
CanaFan

Quote:

Cause I'm pretty sure he hasn't "asked" for a trade. If you can find me the quote, I'd be happy to recant but I assume you are confusing "trade request" with his "I won't stand in the way if they want to trade me" statement. If so, you need to understand the context of the statement. The Canucks were just upset by LA in 5 games. Schneider, the "heir apparent" just played the final 3 games and - while losing to an ungodly Jonathan Quick - played extremely well. Luongo, realizing there will be endless speculation about whether CS has supplanted him as the #1, probably threw that out to reporters so that he wouldn't get asked endlessly about whether he would waive his NTC. Nothing more. I agree both he and Schneider CANNOT be back next year, but if Schneider is moved then I don't see any reason why Luongo would "demand" to be traded still. He likes it here, hell he negotiated the NTC into his contract, and he knows the market is limited given his age and contract length. He *may* get traded, but it isn't because he *demanded* it.

CanaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:30 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
We arent giving up Gardiner straight up for Schneider, let alone adding a 2nd. Maybe Schenn + MacArthur +McKegg+ 2013 2nd +2013 3rd

It was a 4th not a 2nd, and that offer is disgusting.

The only way I move Schneider to Toronto is for Gardiner+ a pick or 5thoa + another pick.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
GoodbyeLuongo

Canuck fans: Do u think we could maybe snag Tambellini back from Switzerland.

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
If the Oilers want Schneider one of Eberle, Hall, RNH or this years 1st has to come back to the Canucks

Good one i needed a laugh today

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Legion View Post

Good one i needed a laugh today
Whats so funny? It's true.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Whats so funny? It's true.
For a good young unproven goalie, yet to handle full time duties ?? I'm not saying that he is worth are Garbage like a Oil fan offered earlier but I would not trade him straight across for the first or RNH, Hall or Eberle unless there is something else coming back. He just has not proven enough yet to fetch such a high price tag.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Legion View Post
For a good young unproven goalie, yet to handle full time duties ?? I'm not saying that he is worth are Garbage like a Oil fan offered earlier but I would not trade him straight across for the first or RNH, Hall or Eberle unless there is something else coming back. He just has not proven enough yet to fetch such a high price tag.
Answer this question then:

What incentive do the Canucks have to moving one of the best young goaltenders in the NHL to a divisional rival, a team that is on the rise?

Old
06-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Answer this question then:

What incentive do the Canucks have to moving one of the best young goaltenders in the NHL to a divisional rival, a team that is on the rise?
What? That logic goes both ways. Why would the Oilers move a fantastic young player to a division rival? Certainly not for Schneider, that's for sure.

Try again, but be better this time.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
What? That logic goes both ways. Why would the Oilers move a fantastic young player to a division rival? Certainly not for Schneider, that's for sure.

A deal won't get done. End of story. Schneider is worth a young impact forward because he is a young impact goalie. But there is no way these two clubs deal with one another.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post

The Canucks don't need to move Schneider to the Oilers. There will be a line up of teams offering for his services.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:43 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
The Canucks don't need to move Schneider to the Oilers. There will be a line up of teams offering for his services.
I agree but it wont be anywhere near 1st overall / RNH,Hall, or Eberle equivalent. I understand the Canucks would never trade him to a division rival that would be a bonehead move.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Puckgenius*

If he goes to edm i say schneider for MPS and Gagner

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
kthsn

Quote:

MPS would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. gagner wpuld replace Raymond on the third.
In Chicago maybe.

Raymond is winger, Gagner is a centre...

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:

MPS would be an upgrade over who exactly?

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:

MPS wouldn`t make the Canucks roster

Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Puckgenius*

LAst year Keslers mates were Booth and Higgins for most of the seasom.

MPS is a clear upgrade on both of them. He is a dynamic PPG winger who hasnt even scratched his potential.