HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  #126
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,940
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Guess the guy should just hand over his franchise player for nothing.

This is a seminal moment for Columbus as a franchise - if you were in his shoes, would you not be trying to get as much as humanly possible for Rick Nash.

Thats a ridiculous thing to say
That isn't the point when we say Howson is an idiot.

He publicly throws his franchise player under the bus, letting everyone know he requested a trade when Nash's original intention was to keep it down low and try to be discreet about it. Now, Nash is basically Howson's media spectacle, and after all of this, he's STILL considering keeping him. I get that he wants to make the trade a good one, but he can do that without making himself look like a ****** in the process.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  #127
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
With Jordan Staal wanting to test free agency and Getzlaf and Perry potentially becoming UFA's too. Rangers might be better off waiting a year to add a big piece.

Just try to add depth this offseason. Sign Ray Whitney to a 1 year deal. Try to get Schultz and maybe another forward or defensemen.
Why? Anyone we get now, can always be moved next sumer...

Ola is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  #128
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
With Jordan Staal wanting to test free agency and Getzlaf and Perry potentially becoming UFA's too. Rangers might be better off waiting a year to add a big piece.

Just try to add depth this offseason. Sign Ray Whitney to a 1 year deal. Try to get Schultz and maybe another forward or defensemen.
neither Whitney or Doan are likely to leave though.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
  #129
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
That isn't the point when we say Howson is an idiot.

He publicly throws his franchise player under the bus, letting everyone know he requested a trade when Nash's original intention was to keep it down low and try to be discreet about it. Now, Nash is basically Howson's media spectacle, and after all of this, he's STILL considering keeping him. I get that he wants to make the trade a good one, but he can do that without making himself look like a ****** in the process.
Thank you.

RGY is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  #130
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
neither Whitney or Doan are likely to leave though.
Whitney publicly stated he isn't confident in the ownership situation in Phoenix.

Leaving is exactly what he's probably going to do.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  #131
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Whitney publicly stated he isn't confident in the ownership situation in Phoenix.

Leaving is exactly what he's probably going to do.
where you hear that?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
  #132
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Never said that but its not like he's been offered "nothing.". His star player wants out because his GM has done a terrible job of bringing players in to surround him and be competitive. So no its not ridiculous to say. I feel no sympathy for Howson. He wants the Nash trade to make up for years of mistakes; having the acquiring team look like Columbus in the end.
Exactly my point. 99% of this board (including me) probably didnt know Howson's name until the Nash trade rumors started - nor did they care that hes been terrible at building a team around Nash for years.

But now, because hes floating demands out for Nash that the Rangers quite clearly wont give in to, hes the biggest villian going. Sather holds nearly all the conceivable leverage in this situation...whats the point of getting pissed at this guy?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #133
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...23535699394560

Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Told the #CBJ are considering at least one trade offer that would have them moving down from the No. 2 overall pick.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #134
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
where you hear that?
Its been linked here somewhere.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
  #135
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,672
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
where you hear that?
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...20league%22%20

Quote:
"I don't want to go through another year and be a doormat in the league where you don't have ownership and people to stand up for you," Whitney told Sarah McLellan of Azcentral.com.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:51 PM
  #136
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Exactly my point. 99% of this board (including me) probably didnt know Howson's name until the Nash trade rumors started - nor did they care that hes been terrible at building a team around Nash for years.

But now, because hes floating demands out for Nash that the Rangers quite clearly wont give in to, hes the biggest villian going. Sather holds nearly all the conceivable leverage in this situation...whats the point of getting pissed at this guy?
People are just ******** that we wouldn't be getting him for a bag of peanuts. I say who cares **** Rick Nash and his ridiculous contract.

Affinity is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:51 PM
  #137
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
This is what I don't get.. What if they take Murray first? Nails falls to the Jackets at 2 and they trade down?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
  #138
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
hmm....


would Stepan, Anisimov and 28th over get 2ed and Johansen or Nikitin???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #139
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Thank you for the link.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #140
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Nails falls to the Jackets at 2 and they trade down?
howson gets booted on the spot

Dactyl is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #141
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hmm....


would Stepan, Anisimov and 28th over get 2ed and Johansen or Nikitin???
that won't even get Nash and his 7.8m cap hit. It would take Lundqvist too with Howson

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
  #142
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,940
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hmm....


would Stepan, Anisimov and 28th over get 2ed and Johansen or Nikitin???
Er, no.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
  #143
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
This is what I don't get.. What if they take Murray first? Nails falls to the Jackets at 2 and they trade down?
https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...23604183977984

Quote:
Mark Spector Sports
‏@SportsnetSpec

We always thought they wouldn't deal No. 1 pick, but hearing Oilers GM Steve Tambellini, I am now convinced Edmonton takes Yakupov.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
  #144
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hmm....


would Stepan, Anisimov and 28th over get 2ed and Johansen or Nikitin???
Nope

Barnaby is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
  #145
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
This is what I don't get.. What if they take Murray first? Nails falls to the Jackets at 2 and they trade down?
If they think that's a possibility, I'm sure they'd make the deal on the condition that Yakupov goes #1.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
  #146
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Nope
hmm so what if the Rangers moved up to number 2 over all?? your saying no you wouldnt do that trade or no it will take alot more for 2ed overall???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
  #147
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/215925741089599490

Quote:
Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper

‪#SNdraft‬. Names from ‪#Sharks‬ being speculated in potential Nash deal besides 1st round pick include Clowe Pavelski and Demers.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
  #148
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hmm so what if the Rangers moved up to number 2 over all?? your saying no you wouldnt do that trade or no it will take alot more for 2ed overall???
2nd overall is gonna take Kreider, Lundqvist, Stepan, and our 1st.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
  #149
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Pavelski will be an UFA in 2013...doubt he resigns with the Jackets if dealt there...id love Pavelski on the Rangers.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 05:59 PM
  #150
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Wow, SJ is willing to trade pavelski?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.