HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
CommonMeans*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
LAst year Keslers mates were Booth and Higgins for most of the seasom.

MPS is a clear upgrade on both of them. He is a dynamic PPG winger who hasnt even scratched his potential.
Comedy gold.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Provost

Schneider for Nash straight up (OK... add in some non core pieces from Vancouver)

I don't even know that Vancouver does that, mainly because I think Nash is over-rated and overpaid. Keeping Luongo and adding $7.8 million for Nash means that is the only move the Canucks can make.

I would rather see that cash going towards getting Weber if he doesn't plan on re-signing in Nashville.

Maybe a 2 way trade could work out where Schneider goes out somewhere and the return for that goes to Nashville for Weber.

Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
MPS wouldn`t make the Canucks roster
Wow, got some serious troll hate for the Oilers I see that clouds your logic.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:

MPS is a clear upgrade on both of them. He is a dynamic PPG winger who hasnt even scratched his potential.
If the Canucks have a 2 goal scorer in their top 6 they are in trouble

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:

Come'on now, your making Oiler fans look bad with thse kinds of statements. MPS would be a third or fourth liner on the Canucks right now but he could crack the roster. He had a bad year last year but you use him right he could easily get 40-50 points on the Canucks.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Legion View Post
I don't think it's troll hate, just don't see him making the Canucks lineup. He had 8 points last year in Edmonton...A club where he should be getting a lot more icetime than with a contending club, no?

Old
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Come'on now, your making Oiler fans look bad with thse kinds of statements. MPS would be a third or fourth liner on the Canucks right now but he could crack the roster. He had a bad year last year but you use him right he could easily get 40-50 points on the Canucks.
MPS was badly misused in edmonton on the third line with sheltered minutes. He needs to be in the top 6 to hit his potential. This kid has an elite skillset, he just hasnt had the chance to show it yet.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
I don't think it's troll hate, just don't see him making the Canucks lineup. He had 8 points last year in Edmonton...A club where he should be getting a lot more icetime than with a contending club, no?
You would think so but no, MPS was not used properly last year the defence side of his game look good but he struggled offensivley but playing with Eric Belanger, Ben Eager, Hordichuck, Petrell will not help that. MPS had a rough 40 games and got sent down to get first/second line ice time because thats what he needed not to be stuck on the fourth line with Belanger and Eager. Once MPS got good ice time he put up decent numbers in the AHL.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I may be way off base here, not a fan of either team, but what about a bit of a blockbuster?

To Edm:
Schneider
Tanev
Van 1st

To Van:
Eberle
Edm 2nd
(something to balance it out a bit more)

Van gets a dynamic RW who's proven he can score, Edm gets their #1 goalie and a decent D prospect and move's up a little in the draft with their 2nd. Now they can draft Yakupov with no worries as to where all their Forwards are gonna fit.

Just throwing it out there.
I may be the only one, but I don't like that trade from a Vancouver POV.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:08 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
MPS was badly misused in edmonton on the third line with sheltered minutes. He needs to be in the top 6 to hit his potential. This kid has an elite skillset, he just hasnt had the chance to show it yet.
I agree but you cant call him a dynamic PPG winger when he has not even begun to show that in the NHL, kid has potential but before you make crazy statements you need something more to back it up then his potential.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Halibut

Edmonton - Vancouver dont make sense. No way the Canucks want to help out the Oil and no chance the Oilers trade anything Vancouver would want.

Schneider is a good talent but he's also only a year away from UFA status and teams will consider that right now. There wont be offers including talents like Henrique but for sure the Canucks can get a mid 1st draft pick with a couple decent prospects.

I dont see them getting anybody that can step right like Henrique has shown but they should get a decent mix of picks and prospects.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
You would think so but no, MPS was not used properly last year the defence side of his game look good but he struggled offensivley but playing with Eric Belanger, Ben Eager, Hordichuck, Petrell will not help that. MPS had a rough 40 games and got sent down to get first/second line ice time because thats what he needed not to be stuck on the fourth line with Belanger and Eager. Once MPS got good ice time he put up decent numbers in the AHL.
I don't doubt he still has a chance to make an impact in the NHL. He's just much better suited to in Edmonton than Vancouver. Basically, he is not an upgrade over Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, Lapierre or even Kassian as he stands NOW. In the future? Maybe.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:15 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
I don't doubt he still has a chance to make an impact in the NHL. He's just much better suited to in Edmonton than Vancouver. Basically, he is not an upgrade over Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, Lapierre or even Kassian as he stands NOW. In the future? Maybe.
Lapierre,Raymond and Kassian yes, Booth,Hansen and Higgins not right now no.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
itzizabella

lets just play theoretical GM for a sec.

To New Jersey:
Schneider
Kesler

To Vancouver:
Henrique
Clarkson
UFA Parise
5th round pick

Logic:
Vancouver solves their goalie issue, trading schneider, and getting henrique (a kesler replacement) Clarkson a 30 goal scoring winger who could fit in anywhere in the top 9, and time to talk to parise before hitting UFA, to possibly sign him. 5th for incentive. Kesler is out till december so this allows the canucks to most likely win more games in the beginning of the season.
New Jersey gets there goalie of the future, along with kesler to help the loss of parise and play 1st line minutes. this trade would most likely take new jersey back a year, as kesler isnt back until december but they would emerge better in the long run.

New Jersey:

Kovalchuk Kesler Zubrus
Elias Zajac Sykora
Ponakirovsky carter Gionta

Schneider

Vancouver:

Sedin Sedin Parise
Booth Henrique Clarkson
higgins Lapierre Kassian

Luongo

Thoughts?

itzizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzizabella View Post
lets just play theoretical GM for a sec.

To New Jersey:
Schneider
Kesler

To Vancouver:
Henrique
Clarkson
UFA Parise
5th round pick

Logic:
Vancouver solves their goalie issue, trading schneider, and getting henrique (a kesler replacement) Clarkson a 30 goal scoring winger who could fit in anywhere in the top 9, and time to talk to parise before hitting UFA, to possibly sign him. 5th for incentive. Kesler is out till december so this allows the canucks to most likely win more games in the beginning of the season.
New Jersey gets there goalie of the future, along with kesler to help the loss of parise and play 1st line minutes. this trade would most likely take new jersey back a year, as kesler isnt back until december but they would emerge better in the long run.

New Jersey:

Kovalchuk Kesler Zubrus
Elias Zajac Sykora
Ponakirovsky carter Gionta

Schneider

Vancouver:

Sedin Sedin Parise
Booth Henrique Clarkson
higgins Lapierre Kassian

Luongo

Thoughts?
So they get Kesler to help off set Parise but what about Henrique and Clarkson, no way if i am Jersey. Just wait and see and draft Subban if he his around in the later stages of the first round and keep your core intact.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:22 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Well we'll agree to disagree on the first three. All of them have, at times, shown more offensive upside at the NHL level than MPS.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:27 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Well we'll agree to disagree on the first three. All of them have, at times, shown more offensive upside at the NHL level than MPS.
Raymond is the only one out of those three who has had better Offensive seasons then MPS and I still believe that was a career year for him and i dont think you will see him hit those number again. Kassian has not really gotten a chance to show anything yet at the NHL level and Lapierre has never had a better offensive season then MPS. This is comparing MPS rookie year to Raymond and Lapierre's multiple seasons.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
To Edmonton:
Schneider
Edler

To Vancouver:
1st OA
Gagner
A solid defensive prospect. (Merincin/Klefbom?)

For Vancouver: We get a franchise player to help replace the Sedins who is also a winger that could easily fit in our top 6, a young 2/3 C with potential to improve, and some solid defensive prospect depth. Losing Edler would be a blow, but it's not impossible that Ballard redeems himself in a top 4 spot, judging by his playoff performance.

For Edmonton: Fills the biggest needs it has: An elite goaltender and a number 1 dman. With the big 3 set to lead the franchise, they can afford to give up another franchise forward, as anyways they' be looking at a Chicago-style capstration in a few year otherwise.

The only problem is that we're division rivals, but otherwise I think this helps both of our problems at relatively minimal cost.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Raymond is the only one out of those three who has had better Offensive seasons then MPS and I still believe that was a career year for him and i dont think you will see him hit those number again. Kassian has not really gotten a chance to show anything yet at the NHL level and Lapierre has never had a better offensive season then MPS. This is comparing MPS rookie year to Raymond and Lapierre's multiple seasons.
Yes, you're probably right about Laps. But even Raymond's off years are on pace for better stats than what MPS can offer us rigt now. As for Kassian, I believe his potential is higher, but that is subjective I admit.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Schneider for Evander Kane or [THAT NAME] please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Schneider for [THAT NAME]?
You wouldn't like what we have to say about mentioning... him.

I hear that if you turn off the lights, concentrate on a trade proposal, and then say the name of that particular center into a mirror five times, he won't show up, but Jon Mirasty will happily leap through the mirror in his place and use you for sparring practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
Ive hear Columbus fans state that they would prefer not to use Nash or the 2nd overall to fix their goalie issue, but damn id love to swing a deal with Schneider and the 2nd as main pieces, obviously not straight up though.
The problem is that I don't see any reasonable ancillary pieces. The only additional guys we'd be interested in would be kind of reaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provost View Post
Schneider for Nash straight up (OK... add in some non core pieces from Vancouver)

I don't even know that Vancouver does that, mainly because I think Nash is over-rated and overpaid. Keeping Luongo and adding $7.8 million for Nash means that is the only move the Canucks can make.

I would rather see that cash going towards getting Weber if he doesn't plan on re-signing in Nashville.

Maybe a 2 way trade could work out where Schneider goes out somewhere and the return for that goes to Nashville for Weber.
The original trade has no chance of happening; we want core pieces back.

And I doubt Howson will be willing to deal with someone intending to flip Nash to a team in our division immediately thereafter.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Yes, you're probably right about Laps. But even Raymond's off years are on pace for better stats then what MPS can offer us rigt now. As for Kassian, I believe his potential is higher, but that is subjective I admit.
MPS had a rough second year but i think if he gets used correctly he could put up decent numbers this year for the Oilers, but he probably would not see enough Ice time on the Canucks to put up decent numbers. Kassian is a stud and I think will be a top power forward in time but I think him and MPS play two completely different games and that makes them hard to compare at this stage.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:38 PM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
MPS had a rough second year but i think if he gets used correctly he could put up decent numbers this year for the Oilers, but he probably would not see enough Ice time on the Canucks to put up decent numbers. Kassian is a stud and I think will be a top power forward in time but I think him and MPS play two completely different games and that makes them hard to compare at this stage.
Yup, I agree.

Old
06-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hold no delusions. MPS can, and probably will be a great winger with his size and tool kit. But as of right now, he is a project to us. We've picked up Kassian (at the expense of our top prospect), and we also have Jensen in the system. Are they the same player? No, but similar in terms of what they can bring.

Schneider is something Edmonton doesn't have. Dubnyk isn't bad by any stretch, but I feel the difference between Jensen/Kassian vs. MPS is less then Dubnyk to Schneider. MPS is not a bad piece to have, but if we're trading Schneider...it's a "win and win now" kind of deal for us. Luongo is the better goalie now, and by keeping him at the expense of a younger, potentially better goalie, we're not concerning ourselves with the future.

As for Lapierre, Raymond and Kassian...I'd say Kassian is the only one that MPS would make a definite impact if he subbed in for. Raymond's defensive game is sound, and his speed still creates chances, it's not apples to apples. Lapierre is the only weapon on our bottom line with our current line up, and his defensive and agitating game is something our former aggressors (Kes and Burr) don't do as often.

I wouldn't object to MPS in the trade, but there had better be a reasonable + attached to him, as i don't see Schneider for MPS as being a good core for a trade.

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I hold no delusions. MPS can, and probably will be a great winger with his size and tool kit. But as of right now, he is a project to us. We've picked up Kassian (at the expense of our top prospect), and we also have Jensen in the system. Are they the same player? No, but similar in terms of what they can bring.

Schneider is something Edmonton doesn't have. Dubnyk isn't bad by any stretch, but I feel the difference between Jensen/Kassian vs. MPS is less then Dubnyk to Schneider. MPS is not a bad piece to have, but if we're trading Schneider...it's a "win and win now" kind of deal for us. Luongo is the better goalie now, and by keeping him at the expense of a younger, potentially better goalie, we're not concerning ourselves with the future.

As for Lapierre, Raymond and Kassian...I'd say Kassian is the only one that MPS would make a definite impact if he subbed in for. Raymond's defensive game is sound, and his speed still creates chances, it's not apples to apples. Lapierre is the only weapon on our bottom line with our current line up, and his defensive and agitating game is something our former aggressors (Kes and Burr) don't do as often.

I wouldn't object to MPS in the trade, but there had better be a reasonable + attached to him, as i don't see Schneider for MPS as being a good core for a trade.
No MPS would have to be the + in any trade involving Schneider but the odd's of that trade are about as good as the odd's for Y2K were.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Oilers1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Devils fans...what about a package of Henrique with (as examples) Volchenkov, Zubrus, Tallinder, members of that sexy third line from the playoffs, or *gulp* Clarkson?

Obviously it's Schneider+ (+?).
Im kind of curious here. Is Luongo's only concern playing time or is it possible he is sick of being the scapegoat when things go bad? Admittedly he had some rough starts in the Boston series but when your team scores 8 goals in 7 games is it REALLY his fault? Seems like a risky move to trade Schneider when u take this in to consideration, but Im not a Canucks fan so I dont know for sure what is going on concerning Luongo I was really just wondering. As for Henrique for Schneider there is no way that NJ is trading that kid for a goalie or anyone else. They will run with Wedgewood and sign a vet to back him up if they have to rather than give away their future offensive star. As for a deal with the Oilers I would rather not and just run with Dubnyk for now hes not terrible and still has the potential to be a valid starter.

Oilers1 is offline   Reply With Quote