Notices

2012-13 Schedule Released

Old
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
KBADCJET

vCash: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
It's still there. Congrats on getting a team back Winnipeg. I'm sorry that team does not visit their neighbors in St. Paul in 2012-2013.

Honestly in two separate stints of living in the Twin Cities I have never heard anyone refer to either Minneapolis or Minnesota as "Minni."
Trolling is against the rules.

KBADCJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodaze View Post
I seen NO JETS @ WILD GAME for this new schedule for regular season games! NO! I thought they would be a great rivalry. I heard the Jets were in the Southeastern division last year and they would change after their first year.

Glad I seen them last year in St. Paul, MN.
Nope. The new divisions / 4 conference thing got nixed by the NHLPA (if I remember correctly) so we're stuck in the SE division for at least one more year.

06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Sweech
COYS!

I did want to see another New Years game with Toronto this year, but I'll take the one with TB instead.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
idontknow

vCash: 500
I was hoping the games would start earlier. I am planning on going to all the games, and am very happy I booked New Year's off already! The 9pm start is going to end up past my bed time, lol.

idontknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodaze View Post
I use to go to Minneapolis very often and never heard the term "Minni" before.

I thought we would have more WILD vs. JETS games this year from the awesome rivalry last year.
To be honest, I don't really see a Wild vs. Jets rivalry developing. There never seemed to be much animosity that developed between Jets v1.0 and the North Stars. It might happen when we inevitably become divisional foes, but even then it will probably take a good playoff series or two to develop any kind of animosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBADCJET View Post
Trolling is against the rules.
Mea culpa.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:34 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Was there 35 yrs ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab177 View Post
Any idea what games you guys will be attending?
Yup, all 45 home games.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I'm going to fly in for a couple of games!

I don't like all the afternoon games.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
To be honest, I don't really see a Wild vs. Jets rivalry developing. There never seemed to be much animosity that developed between Jets v1.0 and the North Stars. It might happen when we inevitably become divisional foes, but even then it will probably take a good playoff series or two to develop any kind of animosity.
I absolutely see one already developing.

I don't think using the old franchises as an example work. Usually these rivalries are built on some rough play.

Both teams like to check and be defensive and I could see in our last games the teams REALLY looked like they didn't like each other. Bogosian messing up MPB's face helped with that methinks.

Not to mention both coaches absolutely have a rivalry with each other dating back to their AHL days.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Me too. The Jets seemed to have the most fun playing the Flyers, but just going on on-ice vibe the team they absolutely seemed to dislike the most were the Wild, and I have no idea why.

I remember after the game in Minnesota they were raving about the energy in the building with the Jets / Wild fan clash. Maybe they picked it up off that? I have no idea.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:01 PM
pice

for the people who have half season packages, does the group that got the home opener/odd # games last year (I think "A") get the home opener again? Or does it switch each year?

pice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouGuys View Post
No Jets @ Predators this season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
My thoughts exactly, will probably end up going to the Canes games in November and March. It's a 6 hour drive to Raleigh as oppsed to a 4 hour drive to Nashville.
That really sucks for you guys. Not many places compare to Nashville for taking in a game. Glad that Raleigh is only a couple more hours away though.

06-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Honestly in two separate stints of living in the Twin Cities I have never heard anyone refer to either Minneapolis or Minnesota as "Minni."
Everyone calls it Minne here. I think it refers to Minneapolis, as most up here don't really identify with the distinction between St. Paul and Minneapolis. It's all just Minne

I know that some on your board don't like it but it is by no means meant in any derogatory fashion. People love Minneapolis/ St. Paul up here. It's just a nick like Philly, Chitown, Cali etc.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 08:33 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Everyone calls it Minne here. I think it refers to Minneapolis, as most up here don't really identify with the distinction between St. Paul and Minneapolis. It's all just Minne

I know that some on your board don't like it but it is by no means meant in any derogatory fashion. People love Minneapolis/ St. Paul up here. It's just a nick like Philly, Chitown, Cali etc.
Minnesotan's are great people, as are those from St Paul / Minneapolis (or at least the ones I've met and hung around with). Just don't say Minny anywhere near them - it's like an Incredible Hulk thing for some reason. Strange.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
edge7287
Cop Shoot Cop...

That Jets-Canucks game looks interesting with the Moose grads coming to play here.

edge7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:27 PM
ExMachina

Wild/Jets Rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
I remember after the game in Minnesota they were raving about the energy in the building with the Jets / Wild fan clash. Maybe they picked it up off that? I have no idea.
With tickets being ridiculously hard to come by in Winnipeg for the next four years (at least), a Minnesota/Winnipeg rivalry is definitely on the horizon, and it's unfortunate there's no regular season game in Minnesota.

With an appetite for all things Jets being so insatiable around here, thousands of Winnipegers seem prepared to drive the seven hours to see our Boys in action (and take road trips elsewhere too!) Minneapolis is simply the closest geographic rival.

ExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Dec 26th The Jets are in Edmonton. Hmmm, my wife is due that week, but it'll be a planned c-section, so I'll just have to tell the doc to schedule it after the 26th. lol. If I can even get tickets.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Dec 26th The Jets are in Edmonton. Hmmm, my wife is due that week, but it'll be a planned c-section, so I'll just have to tell the doc to schedule it after the 26th. lol. If I can even get tickets.
Will the wife be thrilled about that?

(also, congrats!)

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 11:56 PM
bromine

Unfortunately, no:

- Anaheim home game - I didn't get to see Teemu last year
- Minnesota road game - Would have been fun fill up their arena with our fans again

But both of those games happened last year, so I wasn't expecting them this year.

I'm also not crazy about the 7pm starts - it leaves less time to grab a decent dinner downtown (i.e. not only Jetsdogs).

That said, you can put me in the category of totally psyched for next season!

bromine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
As someone who had a birthday close to christmas (dec 27th) I'll say that having a birth near Christmas sucked as a kid. So as someone that hated having a bday close to Chirstmas, my advice would be the have the csection as far away from X-mas as possible.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:44 AM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pice View Post
for the people who have half season packages, does the group that got the home opener/odd # games last year (I think "A") get the home opener again? Or does it switch each year?
It's supposed to switch. The people with the home opener last year will one game
less this year.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:14 AM
CPAir

Looking forward to Nov 27 when the Jets are visiting the Sabres! That is the closest NHL arena to me, i'll be there for sure!

CPAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

My brother is going to be PISSED. Smash things pissed. He is a huge Jets fan having grown up in Winnipeg mostly, but unlike me he stayed in Edmonton after high school. There was no game in Edmonton last year, he was not happy. I told him for sure Winnipeg would be in Edmonton this year. And they are. On December 26th. While he will be in Winnipeg for Xmas. I don't want to be the one to tell him...

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
My brother is going to be PISSED. Smash things pissed. He is a huge Jets fan having grown up in Winnipeg mostly, but unlike me he stayed in Edmonton after high school. There was no game in Edmonton last year, he was not happy. I told him for sure Winnipeg would be in Edmonton this year. And they are. On December 26th. While he will be in Winnipeg for Xmas. I don't want to be the one to tell him...
Ouch.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:37 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

I don't think using the old franchises as an example work. Usually these rivalries are built on some rough play.

Both teams like to check and be defensive and I could see in our last games the teams REALLY looked like they didn't like each other. Bogosian messing up MPB's face helped with that methinks.

Not to mention both coaches absolutely have a rivalry with each other dating back to their AHL days.

Not to mention it was a slap in our face when there ********* coach said the Jets were pumping noise thru the speakers at the MTSC

bigplay41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Repoman

Since I start work at 5am I am happy with the change to 7pm start times. There were a handful of games when i worked a 12-13 hr day and was just too tired to go to the game knowing i had to be up at 4am the next day. On the flip side, I don't really like the increase in afternoon games as I am usually working until 2 - 3 pm on the weekends.

Repoman is offline   Reply With Quote