HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darcy hanging open for business sign

Old
06-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
Ignoring the need at center for now, we all know Nash is too expensive in trade value and cap. Ryan could be a possibility, especially if they really want a #2 C, but still cost an extra pick and/or prospect. What would JVR's price be in trade? I would think Philly can't take much cap back since trading JVR would be to clear space for a bigger trade or UFA signing, and they wouldn't want Roy. So would JVR cost Armia and a 2nd rder? Maybe a 1st and 2nd?
Most of the speculation, in a scenario where Nash or Ryan goes to Philly, is that JVR would be part of the package going the other way.

Unfortunately, the only way I see JVR being an option for the Sabres - or other teams - to chase is if the Flyers end up missing out on Nash and Ryan and instead sign either Parise or Suter. In that situation, they'd need to free up cap space to afford the free agent deal and may be willing to deal JVR for a smaller package of prospects.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
From LeBrun's blog today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-in-bobby-ryan

So:

1) If the Ducks truly are wanting a 2nd line center - and the earlier McKenzie tweet about them also not wanting to take on payroll like Roy would represent - it would seem the Sabres would have the best chance of landing Ryan if they offer Ennis or Hodgson.

Should the Sabres do it if that's the only way to get Ryan?

2) If the Flyers miss out on Nash and Ryan, yet still are willing to deal JVR, I hope he becomes a target for Regier. He'd be as good a fit IMO as Ryan would but younger and cheaper.

Kind of amusing how a game of musical chairs is setting up around the marquee names. Whomever misses out on one star will scramble to go after the next in line. I just hope Darcy isn't the one left standing without a seat when the music stops.
Not a chance the sabres give up Hodgson for another winger. Another deal would have to follow for that to make any sense, but still that kind of trade would be a lateral move IMO

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Not a chance the sabres give up Hodgson for another winger. Another deal would have to follow for that to make any sense, but still that kind of trade would be a lateral move IMO
Valid point.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Hoping this isn't the case, but could be quiet day on trade front. Not many top end guys avail and too many teams involved. #TSN
http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger

Old
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Sabretip

With trades at standstill on morning of draft, Sabres' Regier envisions team using its four early picks

Quote:
une 22, 2012 - 11:46 AM | 2 comments
PITTSBURGH -- With just more than seven hours to go until the start of the NHL draft, Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier believes his team is more likely to make its four early picks than trade them.

"Right now, this draft is based on using the four picks," Regier told Sabres.com. "Based on the current information, we will be picking players with those four picks versus making a trade."

The trade talk is quiet in Pittsburgh, with teams seemingly waiting for one move to ignite others.

"I think there will be a domino effect," Regier told the team website. "It is quiet. I thought Tuesday, Wednesday, those days were busier. Thursday, Friday, we’re pretty quiet."

Regier anticipates a weekend full of jockeying for draft position. The Sabres are scheduled to pick 12th and 21st in the first round, and 12th and 14th in the second.

"I just had an offer now to go from 21 to further back in the draft," Regier said on Sabres.com. "There’s a lot of movement amongst teams trying to figure out how they can get their player.

"There’s a lot of uncertainty. There’s a lot of uncertainty about where players are going to go. I think teams have a sense of who they want, but they’re not sure where those players are going to. There’s a lot of conversations about do you want to move up, do you want to move back in the draft?"

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...arly-pick.html

Old
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Twitter reporting Darcy Regier making the rounds on the floor at the draft. He has spoken to GM's from Columbus and Calgary so far. It says he wants to make a trade. Hopefully this is true because he really can't afford with the fans to not do anything and just pick all four times.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

I wonder if Darcy's walking around with an empty cup in his hand and sign around his neck....

Old
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Come on Darcy make a trade!

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Selanne00008

^^^ I lol'd

Columbus pick would be nooooice!!!

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Visnovsky to the Islanders.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

For a 2nd. Great deal for the Isles.

That wasn't a guy we should have targeted so I'm hoping we can finally get a top 6 forward still.

Old
06-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Better Call Saul

I'm glad Ribeiro's gone. Did not want.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Kind of telling in regards to the perception of our roster if we can't move any of these guys...

Clearly Roy is garbage... we've been trying to move him forever, if he's still around to start the year, damn.... guy must be a joke around the league.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Sabretip

Some good news on the Ryan front - apparently, he's growing tired of the rumors and apparent lack of appreciation from the Ducks.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH - Bobby Ryan spent much of his Friday playing 90 holes of golf in a charity event near his summer home in Victor, Idaho, but that didn’t prevent the Cherry Hill native and Anaheim Ducks star to escape the latest round of trade rumors.

“I've gotten wind of everything,” Ryan said by phone between his fourth and fifth rounds.

Through a phone conversation a night earlier with his agent, Don Meehan, plus non-stopping texts from family and friends forwarding the latest, Ryan learned that the Flyers are among four teams involved in trade talks with the Ducks.

Frustrated with Ducks management, the 25-year-old left wing suggested he's up for a trade anywhere and that the Flyers would be his first choice.

I heard Anaheim was a little overwhelmed with offers and they only took four seriously, but none of the teams were mentioned to me other than Philly,” Ryan said. “Everybody wants to play in your hometown, but it would be tough because a lot of expectations come when you're put into a situation like that. For me, if I'm moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me.”

Ryan is frustrated because he doesn't feel Ducks management appreciates his 30-plus goals over each of his first four NHL seasons.
Quote:
He seems to go through this a couple times every year, and usually the trade rumors involve the Flyers. In the past, Ryan usually indicated that he'd rather stay in Anaheim even though he grew up loving his hometown team and his father, Bob, has been a close friend of Flyers great Bob Clarke for years.
Quote:
“I take things personally,” Ryan said. “Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way.
Quote:
“I gotta be honest with you. At this point, I don't care. Move me ... because it's just tough going to the rink every day knowing that if something goes wrong, you're going to be the guy moved.”
Quote:
The Flyers, according to The Sporting News, want to acquire Ryan for a package that starts with left wing James van Riemsdyk, while the Ducks supposedly are insisting on center Brayden Schenn
Funny to also hear Ryan's dad dispel the idea of the Rangers getting his son:

Quote:
“In my mind, the Flyers are the best that there is,” Bob Ryan said. “But I just want to see him happy. The only place he can't go is the Rangers. I'd never hear the end of it from Clarkie.”
Of course, the Flyers seem to hold the edge if they give Murray what he wants.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Flyers

Old
06-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

Kelly Pegula tweeted that Darcy's on the phone right now, FWIW

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:41 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
giggity

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Elliotte Friedman‏@FriedgeHNIC

Here's release on WASH/DAL RT @washcaps NEWS: Capitals acquire center Mike Ribeiro for Cody Eakin and 2nd Round Pick.
That kind of sets the bar in terms of what Regier should expect to get for Roy IMO.

Old
06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Most GMs are on the phone for most of the night. I wonder why she felt the need to tweet it. Her sisters "butt tweets" are much more telling.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

A+ grade Darcy!

Last edited by Layne Staley: 06-22-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old
06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
That kind of sets the bar in terms of what Regier should expect to get for Roy IMO.
I'll keep Roy over that any day...

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I'll keep Roy over that any day...
Agreed - obviously, the Stars wanted to dump salary because their center depth just got thinner. As problematic as Roy is on several fronts, dumping him for a pick and prospect seems counterproductive. The only way I want to see Roy dealt is either as part of a package for a proven replacement at center or after Regier has obtained that proven replacement center in a prior deal.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:22 PM
heartsabres*

Stoll resigned

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote