Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
My calls for our pick are Lindholm or Girgensons.

If that's the case I think they're great picks.
I think I'd have to agree with you here. Would love Trouba or Faksa, but I just have this feeling about Lindholm, Girgensons and perhaps Ceci.

In a few years, I believe plenty of teams will regret letting any of these 3 past them. Solid, solid players who would all be fantastic picks at #9.

At # 39 I'd personally love Maidens, Nieves, Kerdiles or Hart. Though I do believe Kerdiles will be taken near the end of the 1st round.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

I still really want Matej Beran later in the draft. I've seen him go up as far as second though seems to bounce more around the third.

Though he's not a Canadian, and plays in the Q which (if last year is any indication, not saying it is) would both be strikes against him, he's a great big forward with some ability.

His size alone i think makes him a realatively "safe" pick for a future bottom 6.

Old
06-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
As I've come to realize, once I think I have every angle covered and every option considered..... something completely unexpected comes out of the periphery and blind sides me.

This is why I'm excited for tomorrow..... what does management have in store for the Jets this year.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Bob E

Should be interesting. Plenty of surprises, to be sure.

I'm wondering how many trades are made leading up to and during the draft. Draft order may change more than normal.

Old
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
What about Giroux....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Depends if he was ranked high, then slid/fell in the round, making him a slider. What was Kopitar ranked, Holden? Wasn't it around the 5-7 slot?

I'm pumped, summer is here (officially), the draft is tomorrow night, and in a weeks time crazy season begins.
Exactly. Giroux was actually a reach, he was the 38th ranked NA skater by CSS. ISS did not have him in their top 30. Another scouting report I found also failed to have him in their top 30.

Kopitar was part of what considering a very clear top 7 that year. Crosby was by far and away the top player, but the next 6 were all considered pretty close. I know alot of people had Brule as the #2, but all 6 (Brule, Pouliot, Johnson, Ryan, Price, Kopitar) where more or less interchangable. 4-7 would be fair for where Kopitar was expected to go.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
PaperRockChamp

CANNOT wait any longer for this draft!

I just hope we have something to easily celebrate and not immediately say, WHO?!? umm.. ok.. yay, at least they're named the Jets!

It's such a toss up between 4-9 that I am absolutely dying to find out who our newest Jet is..

Old
06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Got me excited for a moment before Dreger clarified it and said it was a mistake.

Old
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
JetFan4Ever

vCash: 678
Just watched TSNs countdown to the draft. Faska has got the drive and determination that I want on the Jets. He would be my pick if he is still on the board.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan4Ever View Post
Just watched TSNs countdown to the draft. Faska has got the drive and determination that I want on the Jets. He would be my pick if he is still on the board.
Pretty crazy that he was living on his own in a dorm at the age of 11, so he could further his goal of playing hockey. That's commitment.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Pretty crazy that he was living on his own in a dorm at the age of 11, so he could further his goal of playing hockey. That's commitment.
What an inspirational and interesting story that was. Seems like a fantastic kid.

I've bounced back and forth with who I am hopeful we select, but less than 24 hours before the draft I am at Faksa for a forward and Trouba for a defenceman.

06-21-2012, 08:12 PM
MrWigglez

Faksa seems just like the kinda kid that the Jets organization wants to bring in. That he has a lot of skill is an awesome bonus!

Old
06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
What an inspirational and interesting story that was. Seems like a fantastic kid.

I've bounced back and forth with who I am hopeful we select, but less than 24 hours before the draft I am at Faksa for a forward and Trouba for a defenceman.
Quite honestly, for me there's a number of players that I'd be happy if the Jets selected, Faksa and Trouba among them. I'd also be happy with Reinhart, Grigs, TT, and a few others that should fall to 9th spot.

Best thing about this? It's like tomorrow Christmas, and we get to open a few presents.

Or, Chevy could trade the 9th and surprise us all.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

The Trade Board has a GDT for the draft tomorrow.

Old
06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Quite honestly, for me there's a number of players that I'd be happy if the Jets selected, Faksa and Trouba among them. I'd also be happy with Reinhart, Grigs, TT, and a few others that should fall to 9th spot.

Best thing about this? It's like tomorrow Christmas, and we get to open a few presents.

Or, Chevy could trade the 9th and surprise us all.
Or go completely off the board and surprise us all.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Interesting Tim Campbell was on Hustler and Lawless and he speculated (sounded like it was from talking to people on the inside or at lease being around them at the combine)? when Campbell was discussing the topic it sounds like Reinhart might be their top choice, then Faksa, then Ceci. seems like all three of these guys where physically mature and interviewed really well at the combine. they were saying Ceci was really thick and well built already and looked like he could fill out more. they were impressed with how mature he was. Lawless chimed in the echoed this list and said he got the same feeling as well from his sources (yes I know it is Lawless so huge grain of salt). not saying this is how it is going to go but they felt these three had really impressed TNSE?

On the same program Chevy was discussing how much more prepared they are this year. he admitted last year the draft was so close to when he was hired they pretty much followed the list from the scouting staff. he said this year right from day 1 they were able to lay out what type of players they were looking for and have been able to put the effort in that it requires. He also mentioned with all the GM's in close proximity it leads to lots of conversations including but not limited to trades. he says there are always lots of stories circulating. Apparently Chevy is keeping all options open and listening to whatever is being pitched. He also mentioned it was nice to have Kane and Pavs agents in Pittsburgh so they could talk face to face (he kept the cards close to the vest on this one).

I also saw that Faksa segment on TSN. A 9 foot by 9 foot room away from your family at eleven. How could you not love Faksa as a great option for the Jets after watching that bio!

Old
06-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Bane99

I have a feeling we'll be taking Mark Jankowski if Faksa and Trouba are off the board.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Alright, now that the GDT is up, we'll lock this down.

Closed Thread