HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

THE OT THREAD - Lockout edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Just remember if you take something you have to leave something behind.
Yep yep, left behind one of these as well as a sheet of temporary tatoos ha.

Old
06-19-2012, 02:06 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Yep yep, left behind one of these as well as a sheet of temporary tatoos ha.
The Eugene Levy halloween mask.

Old
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Lux Aurumque*

vCash: 500
Looking at finally getting a gym membership. Haven't had one since I moved back from Ontario.

Is World Health Club any good? There are a bunch all over the city, so it seems to make sense to go somewhere with multiple locations. Would a membership at one allow me to go to the other locations as well?

I don't ultimately care, as long as I lose this extra 30lbs that's weighing me down xD

Old
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Looking at finally getting a gym membership. Haven't had one since I moved back from Ontario.

Is World Health Club any good? There are a bunch all over the city, so it seems to make sense to go somewhere with multiple locations. Would a membership at one allow me to go to the other locations as well?

I don't ultimately care, as long as I lose this extra 30lbs that's weighing me down xD
WHC seems pretty good. Went there when it was still Club Fit. You can use your membership at all locations except downtown i think.

Old
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I think they have a promo on right now where your due is 19$ a month. That's pretty good.

Old
06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Yeah, I ended up going with them. Seemed like the best bet. Came with two free personal training sessions too, and I can pick up more at a cost later.

Now to shed 40lbs!

Old
06-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I usually get a gym membership during the winter months and then use the great outdoors during the summer to go running or biking. Because of that I'll always pay higher monthly fees, but it's nice to exercise outside. I even like going for a run in the rain.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I usually get a gym membership during the winter months and then use the great outdoors during the summer to go running or biking. Because of that I'll always pay higher monthly fees, but it's nice to exercise outside. I even like going for a run in the rain.
For keeping in shape/cardio this is the best way to go. Occasionally I'll go to the gym if I actually want to train/lift in the summer but I still do all cardio outside. It always boggles my mind when I see people staring out the window while running on a treadmill when it's sunny and 20 degrees out.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
For keeping in shape/cardio this is the best way to go. Occasionally I'll go to the gym if I actually want to train/lift in the summer but I still do all cardio outside. It always boggles my mind when I see people staring out the window while running on a treadmill when it's sunny and 20 degrees out.
Running on solid ground is completely different that running on a treadmill or like the other people who hold onto the sides and "run" on a treadmill.

That's why I like where I go because they have a running track, so in the winter it's nice to use when I need to.

Old
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

There's a recent study that shows people basically "feel better" about exercising outdoors and they tend to get more out of it, the one interesting thing is that it seems to take longer for the body to "calm down" from outdoor exercise compared to a gym; they think it's the reptile brain and random stimuli.

Just be careful if you're doing distance running because you're burning a lot of calories and your brain will make you feel like you need to eat 5,000 calories a day.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

Just be careful if you're doing distance running because you're burning a lot of calories and your brain will make you feel like you need to eat 5,000 calories a day.
Yeah I try to curb that by drinking a few glasses of water immediately after a run and then sipping on water and sometimes beer, lol, afterwards.

Old
06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
oilers4life5

Ethan Moreau was just hired by Montreal as a western conference scout!! Crazy!

Old
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Here is a possible hint for you home owners out there. I don't know about the other parts of the city, but here on the North End I just did a walk around my house, looking at the siding . The reason, my daughter pointed out that were were a **** load of baby spiders on one of our plants right near the house. After a quick walk around and check, I've sprayed 4 nests of baby spiders, probably totalling 150-200 spiders in each nest.

Get em while they're young folks!

Old
06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Here is a possible hint for you home owners out there. I don't know about the other parts of the city, but here on the North End I just did a walk around my house, looking at the siding . The reason, my daughter pointed out that were were a **** load of baby spiders on one of our plants right near the house. After a quick walk around and check, I've sprayed 4 nests of baby spiders, probably totalling 150-200 spiders in each nest.

I should do this as I have like never ending spider webs all over my deck and fence.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I should do this as I have like never ending spider webs all over my deck and fence.
Yeah,,,it doesn't take much time either. Check near any outside vents and window wells especially. I don't know how many baby's end up living, but I figured if I killed about 800 - 1000 of the little suckers, there would be at least a couple of spiders roaming around for sure, had I not exterminated them.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Yeah,,,it doesn't take much time either. Check near any outside vents and window wells especially. I don't know how many baby's end up living, but I figured if I killed about 800 - 1000 of the little suckers, there would be at least a couple of spiders roaming around for sure, had I not exterminated them.
What do you spray with?

Old
06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Skm

Quote:
I reached into my drawer to grab a sweater about a month ago and there was a huge spider on it, don't think I've been that startled in a long time.

I hate insects, I'm definitely doing this when I get home. What spray do you use?

Old
06-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:

Why would you kill spiders?

They eat mosquitoes.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Why would you kill spiders?

They eat mosquitoes.
Yeah that's why I left them alone last year. This year someone else took care of the skeeters so now I have to take care of the spiders. Deadly cycle.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

I used Safers 3 in 1 garden spray for those asking. It's supposed to be for spidermites and aphids and some crawling insects, but it seemed to work. There are lots of Spider specific sprays on the market though.

@Liqour, yeah, I know they eat Skeeters, but like Reimer said, someone else (the City?) took care of the Skeeters this year...haven't seen many at all.

Last year I would not have considered spraying the spiders, but this year, I figure I can get away with it. Also, I never saw spider nests like this last year, but I wasn't really on the lookout for them.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Youre messing with Karma big time.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Youre messing with Karma big time.
It's alright I gave a homeless guy a dozen empty bottles he other day. I keep my karma in check.

Old
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
joestevens29

I don't think spiders do sweet tweet **** all when the mosquitos are as bad as they were last year.

Old
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Velocirapture
The Evil User

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=edm

So our upcoming season schedule is very streaky. I'm used to seeing us go home/away/home/away/away/home non stop, but we go on 5 games each way like 10 damn times.

Also, 2 times versus the champs in the first like, 2 weeks.

Old
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
OilerFan4Life

Craig Simpson hitched with Jamie Sale.

Closed Thread