HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

THE OT THREAD - Lockout edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
  #101
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Just remember if you take something you have to leave something behind.
Yep yep, left behind one of these as well as a sheet of temporary tatoos ha.

Skm is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 02:06 PM
  #102
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,884
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
Yep yep, left behind one of these as well as a sheet of temporary tatoos ha.
The Eugene Levy halloween mask.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
  #103
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Looking at finally getting a gym membership. Haven't had one since I moved back from Ontario.

Is World Health Club any good? There are a bunch all over the city, so it seems to make sense to go somewhere with multiple locations. Would a membership at one allow me to go to the other locations as well?

I don't ultimately care, as long as I lose this extra 30lbs that's weighing me down xD

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 03:32 PM
  #104
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,952
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Looking at finally getting a gym membership. Haven't had one since I moved back from Ontario.

Is World Health Club any good? There are a bunch all over the city, so it seems to make sense to go somewhere with multiple locations. Would a membership at one allow me to go to the other locations as well?

I don't ultimately care, as long as I lose this extra 30lbs that's weighing me down xD
WHC seems pretty good. Went there when it was still Club Fit. You can use your membership at all locations except downtown i think.

T-Funk is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
  #105
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
I think they have a promo on right now where your due is 19$ a month. That's pretty good.

Groucho is offline  
Old
06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
  #106
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Yeah, I ended up going with them. Seemed like the best bet. Came with two free personal training sessions too, and I can pick up more at a cost later.

Now to shed 40lbs!

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:12 AM
  #107
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
I usually get a gym membership during the winter months and then use the great outdoors during the summer to go running or biking. Because of that I'll always pay higher monthly fees, but it's nice to exercise outside. I even like going for a run in the rain.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
  #108
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I usually get a gym membership during the winter months and then use the great outdoors during the summer to go running or biking. Because of that I'll always pay higher monthly fees, but it's nice to exercise outside. I even like going for a run in the rain.
For keeping in shape/cardio this is the best way to go. Occasionally I'll go to the gym if I actually want to train/lift in the summer but I still do all cardio outside. It always boggles my mind when I see people staring out the window while running on a treadmill when it's sunny and 20 degrees out.

Skm is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
  #109
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
For keeping in shape/cardio this is the best way to go. Occasionally I'll go to the gym if I actually want to train/lift in the summer but I still do all cardio outside. It always boggles my mind when I see people staring out the window while running on a treadmill when it's sunny and 20 degrees out.
Running on solid ground is completely different that running on a treadmill or like the other people who hold onto the sides and "run" on a treadmill.

That's why I like where I go because they have a running track, so in the winter it's nice to use when I need to.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
  #110
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,753
vCash: 500
There's a recent study that shows people basically "feel better" about exercising outdoors and they tend to get more out of it, the one interesting thing is that it seems to take longer for the body to "calm down" from outdoor exercise compared to a gym; they think it's the reptile brain and random stimuli.

Just be careful if you're doing distance running because you're burning a lot of calories and your brain will make you feel like you need to eat 5,000 calories a day.

dustrock is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:08 PM
  #111
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

Just be careful if you're doing distance running because you're burning a lot of calories and your brain will make you feel like you need to eat 5,000 calories a day.
Yeah I try to curb that by drinking a few glasses of water immediately after a run and then sipping on water and sometimes beer, lol, afterwards.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
  #112
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,337
vCash: 500
Ethan Moreau was just hired by Montreal as a western conference scout!! Crazy!

oilers4life5 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
  #113
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 50
Here is a possible hint for you home owners out there. I don't know about the other parts of the city, but here on the North End I just did a walk around my house, looking at the siding . The reason, my daughter pointed out that were were a **** load of baby spiders on one of our plants right near the house. After a quick walk around and check, I've sprayed 4 nests of baby spiders, probably totalling 150-200 spiders in each nest.

Get em while they're young folks!


Dorian2 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
  #114
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Here is a possible hint for you home owners out there. I don't know about the other parts of the city, but here on the North End I just did a walk around my house, looking at the siding . The reason, my daughter pointed out that were were a **** load of baby spiders on one of our plants right near the house. After a quick walk around and check, I've sprayed 4 nests of baby spiders, probably totalling 150-200 spiders in each nest.

Get em while they're young folks!

I should do this as I have like never ending spider webs all over my deck and fence.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
  #115
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I should do this as I have like never ending spider webs all over my deck and fence.
Yeah,,,it doesn't take much time either. Check near any outside vents and window wells especially. I don't know how many baby's end up living, but I figured if I killed about 800 - 1000 of the little suckers, there would be at least a couple of spiders roaming around for sure, had I not exterminated them.

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
  #116
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Yeah,,,it doesn't take much time either. Check near any outside vents and window wells especially. I don't know how many baby's end up living, but I figured if I killed about 800 - 1000 of the little suckers, there would be at least a couple of spiders roaming around for sure, had I not exterminated them.
What do you spray with?

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:40 AM
  #117
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Yeah,,,it doesn't take much time either. Check near any outside vents and window wells especially. I don't know how many baby's end up living, but I figured if I killed about 800 - 1000 of the little suckers, there would be at least a couple of spiders roaming around for sure, had I not exterminated them.
I reached into my drawer to grab a sweater about a month ago and there was a huge spider on it, don't think I've been that startled in a long time.

I hate insects, I'm definitely doing this when I get home. What spray do you use?

Skm is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:13 AM
  #118
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,236
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Here is a possible hint for you home owners out there. I don't know about the other parts of the city, but here on the North End I just did a walk around my house, looking at the siding . The reason, my daughter pointed out that were were a **** load of baby spiders on one of our plants right near the house. After a quick walk around and check, I've sprayed 4 nests of baby spiders, probably totalling 150-200 spiders in each nest.

Get em while they're young folks!

Why would you kill spiders?

They eat mosquitoes.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
  #119
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Why would you kill spiders?

They eat mosquitoes.
Yeah that's why I left them alone last year. This year someone else took care of the skeeters so now I have to take care of the spiders. Deadly cycle.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
  #120
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 50
I used Safers 3 in 1 garden spray for those asking. It's supposed to be for spidermites and aphids and some crawling insects, but it seemed to work. There are lots of Spider specific sprays on the market though.

@Liqour, yeah, I know they eat Skeeters, but like Reimer said, someone else (the City?) took care of the Skeeters this year...haven't seen many at all.

Last year I would not have considered spraying the spiders, but this year, I figure I can get away with it. Also, I never saw spider nests like this last year, but I wasn't really on the lookout for them.

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
  #121
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,236
vCash: 8345
Youre messing with Karma big time.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  #122
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Youre messing with Karma big time.
It's alright I gave a homeless guy a dozen empty bottles he other day. I keep my karma in check.

Reimer is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
  #123
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,884
vCash: 50
I don't think spiders do sweet tweet **** all when the mosquitos are as bad as they were last year.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
  #124
Velocirapture
The Evil User
 
Velocirapture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Local Asylum
Country: Canada
Posts: 419
vCash: 50
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=edm

So our upcoming season schedule is very streaky. I'm used to seeing us go home/away/home/away/away/home non stop, but we go on 5 games each way like 10 damn times.

Also, 2 times versus the champs in the first like, 2 weeks.

Velocirapture is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
  #125
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
Craig Simpson hitched with Jamie Sale.

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.