HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers - Ducks

Old
06-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Frodo Baggins

vCash: 500
It's no secret that Holmgren loves Bobby Ryan and that Bobby Ryan wouldn't mind playing for philly. It's also obvious that the flyers are in serious need of defense and really like Dumba for this years draft. Dumba could fall into the hands of the ducks at this years draft in the top 10.

I feel like in reality this would not happen because I can't see the ducks parting ways with Ryan right now but for fun, this is my proposal.

To Philadelphia:

Bobby Ryan
2012 1st round pick

To Anaheim:

JVR
Brayden Schenn
Eric Wellwood
Marc Andre Bourdon
2012 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick (phi not LA)

I think JVR and Schenn would be more than enough for Ryan and I think Wellwoods 2012 seasons display shows that this kid is beginning to emerge into a good NHL player with alot of speed, determination, and a hell of a shot.

therefore, I think Wellwood, Bourdon, the 1st and the 2nd, would be enough for ANA's 1st pick. Also, the fact that Schenn is in the package would contribute.

This would be a huge trade and would never happen because I dont think either team would part with certain pieces, but just for fun...

This could leave the flyers with Bobby Ryan and probably Matthew Dumba who would fit right in with the flyers because of his physical play and scoring ability.

Last edited by Shrimper: 06-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Frodo Baggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
SpezDispenser

Depends on if Anaheim thinks Wellwood, Bourdon, the 1st and the 2nd, would be enough for their 6th overall pick I guess.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:56 PM
JGalt

Schenn and JvR for Ryan is crazy talk.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:57 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Depends on if Anaheim thinks Wellwood, Bourdon, the 1st and the 2nd, would be enough for their 6th overall pick I guess.
Wait, you think they will accept Brayden Schenn as enough value for Bobby Ryan? This is not the Anaheim fans I have seen around.

Edit: Somehow read over JVR and yet still stand by my statement.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
djlethal08

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
It's no secret that Holmgren loves Bobby Ryan and that Bobby Ryan wouldn't mind playing for philly. It's also obvious that the flyers are in serious need of defense and really like Dumba for this years draft. Dumba could fall into the hands of the ducks at this years draft in the top 10.

I feel like in reality this would not happen because I can't see the ducks parting ways with Ryan right now but for fun, this is my proposal.

To Philadelphia:

Bobby Ryan
2012 1st round pick

To Anaheim:

JVR
Brayden Schenn
Eric Wellwood
Marc Andre Bourdon
2012 1st round pick
2012 2nd round pick (phi not LA)

I think JVR and Schenn would be more than enough for Ryan and I think Wellwoods 2012 seasons display shows that this kid is beginning to emerge into a good NHL player with alot of speed, determination, and a hell of a shot.

therefore, I think Wellwood, Bourdon, the 1st and the 2nd, would be enough for ANA's 1st pick. Also, the fact that Schenn is in the package would contribute.

This would be a huge trade and would never happen because I dont think either team would part with certain pieces, but just for fun...

This could leave the flyers with Bobby Ryan and probably Matthew Dumba who would fit right in with the flyers because of his physical play and scoring ability.

The Flyers traded their 2nd round pick for Kubina so they don't have a 2nd now.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
The Flyers traded their 2nd round pick for Kubina so they don't have a 2nd now.
You're right. Thanks for pointing that out

Frodo Baggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
McNasty

These quantity for quality trades are getting tiresome. Why does Anaheim want JVR if they already have Ryan? This is one of the rare cases where it's a bad trade for both teams.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:03 PM
veedubn1

although I (a Toronto fan) feel JVR and Schenn would be fair value for Bobby Ryan.. I don't sense that the Ducks are ready to blow it up and rebuild.

But that package for the 6th overall pick sucks.. it's a bunch of fluff for a solid draft pick. It's very rare that a high draft pick is traded for some middling prospects and a late first.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Terrible trade for both teams.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Nope. I mean it's better than most stuff I see but...it's a lot of scraps and one MAYBE star for the league's most consistent 30 goal scorer and a borderline lottery pick. Take out Wellwood and Bourdon and add a stronger asset for us to even consider it.

The problem with this is...we're giving away a huge chunk of our offense plus our strongest bidding chip in the draft that could turn into a top 6 player our first pair defender and all we're getting is a guy who hasn't really established himself in the NHL. Obviously Schenn is the strongest piece coming from Philly...I think we'd like him...but we're dangling a 6th for guys like Plekanec who HAVE proved themselves. If Schenn had shown that he can score 60+ points it would make some sense, but his only value is upside and potential. Then you add Wellwood...where would he slot in and how would he be of value to us? Smith Pelly would serve his role and serve it better. We're likely getting Selanne back and we're probably going to inject Palmieri and Holland into the lineup. Where does Well wood slot into that group? He's not enough of an impact player to make it worth it. And Bourdon? That's as scrappy as a scrap is going to get.

Then we can't draft 6th overall anymore instead we draft where guys are basically bigger projects...instead of one of Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Murray, Dumba, Teravainen, Rielly.

Also Getzlaf and Perry's contracts are up next summer. We have Bobby on a long term deal. We have that offensive security in case everything goes wrong. You really need to TAKE him away. Like give Murray an offer he can't say no to.

Personally I think this (a mix of this and next year just to show depth)

Philly needs to add...or Anaheim needs to drop their first until they are offered more tangible assets that make it worth it to give up a potential star at 6th overall.

EDIT: Didn't see JVR. Still doesn't change much. He's unproven. Like someone else said, it's quantity for quality. But the quality value doesn't match the quality value.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Exit Dose

Why is it every Flyers proposal these days has us including anywhere from 2 to 4 of our best assets? They are awful.

Schenn is the only piece here that we're interested in. We only want him if he can play with Ryan.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:32 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Why is it every Flyers proposal these days has us including anywhere from 2 to 4 of our best assets? They are awful.

Schenn is the only piece here that we're interested in. We only want him if he can play with Ryan.
And if it is for Ryan we need something safer than Schenn. I'm not saying he's not going to be a talented player, but we don't know HOW talented. He is simply not established yet, while Bobby is the league's most consistent 30 goal scorer.

If Philly wants....they won't listen but we can discuss Ryan++ (big pluses mind you) for Giroux. But they won't listen for obvious reasons.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
And if it is for Ryan we need something safer than Schenn. I'm not saying he's not going to be a talented player, but we don't know HOW talented. He is simply not established yet, while Bobby is the league's most consistent 30 goal scorer.

If Philly wants....they won't listen but we can discuss Ryan++ (big pluses mind you) for Giroux. But they won't listen for obvious reasons.
I don't think Philly would trade Giroux for anyone in the NHL right now. His cap hit is just too good.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:15 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I don't think Philly would trade Giroux for anyone in the NHL right now. His cap hit is just too good.
With ANA maybe ryan, peter holland, fowler, 1st 2012 for Giroux.
With TB Stamkos for Giroux.
With DAL Benn, Lehtonen, Goligoski, Oleksiak, 1st 2012 for Bryz and Giroux.
With BOS Seguin, Lucic, Dougie Hamilton, Rask for Bryz and Giroux.
I'd do these.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Please don't delete proposals in their opening post, it can make it confusing for members coming into the thread. I've edited it back in so people know what they're talking about.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Why would the flyers need more offense? target fowler or something or beauchemin not ryan .

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Jaba28
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
These quantity for quality trades are getting tiresome. Why does Anaheim want JVR if they already have Ryan? This is one of the rare cases where it's a bad trade for both teams.
This isnt that bad for ducks in this trade they will have more depht which they really need.

Jaba28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaba28 View Post
This isnt that bad for ducks in this trade they will have more depht which they really need.
And can't afford to take on.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
Schenn and JvR for Ryan is crazy talk.
This over and over and over again.
I wouldn't give up that much for Nash (Even if someone else would, they are making a desperation move)

B.Ryan for JVR + 3rd that's all you would get from me. JVR is a few years younger than Ryan with the same upside. The 3rd is for all the work Anaheim put into him and developing him well (Though I believe the Flyers could do a better job)

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
B.Ryan for JVR + 3rd that's all you would get from me. JVR is a few years younger than Ryan with the same upside.
Based on what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
The 3rd is for all the work Anaheim put into him and developing him well (Though I believe the Flyers could do a better job)
So, where's the part of the deal that reflects, you know, the vast difference in actual production?

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
longchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
With ANA maybe ryan, peter holland, fowler, 1st 2012 for Giroux.
With TB Stamkos for Giroux.
With DAL Benn, Lehtonen, Goligoski, Oleksiak, 1st 2012 for Bryz and Giroux.
With BOS Seguin, Lucic, Dougie Hamilton, Rask for Bryz and Giroux.
I'd do these.
The Boston trade is hysterical...

longchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
feedingschennzy

Flyers

Van Riemsdyk
Read
Mezsaros
Bobrovsky
20th overall

Ducks
Ryan
6th overall

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
For a second, I thought SheasRebellion posted this..

And of course, no

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Flyers

Van Riemsdyk
Read
Mezsaros
Bobrovsky
20th overall

Ducks
Ryan
6th overall
Swap Read for Schenn; take out Bob (who holds little value to Anaheim), and it seems a reasonable start...towards the same proposal I posed here two days ago, and earlier in this thread.

We've been down this road before. It leaves about 50 percent of Ducks fans and 75 percent of Flyers fans unhappy...which probably means the value isn't a mile off.

You might be able to craft a proposal for Ryan around JVR, Read, and the 1st--but I sort of doubt it. I don't think you can get the #6 without including Schenn or Couturier.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Based on what?

So, where's the part of the deal that reflects, you know, the vast difference in actual production?
Incase you haven't noticed the Flyers were in top 3 in offense production. Ryan is a 30 goal scorer. Remember when Columbus overpaid for Jeff carter?

I'm definitely a fan of Bobby Ryan, but there is no way I'm giving up so many quality assets for something the Flyers don't really need. If JVR wasn't on the Flyers and didn't have a banged up season he would have put just under 30 goals. On Anaheim he would of had 50 points at least. Don't believe me? Don't care, I'll keep JVR who is cheaper and similar type of player. Ducks don't have much of edge of the Flyers trade wise.

PS: The fact that Giroux even came up in this thread is enough for me to not take this thread seriously.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote