HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread and Index 2011-2012 Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Maybe someone who has a better grasp can answer this, but is that allowed?
I guess it might be technically allowed if Ässät was okay with it, but there's no reason for them to be.
He's under contract with them and they have their own interests, like winning a league championship.
If they were a development league it'd be more likely, but they aren't.

They could probably buy out his contract but I can't recall that happening recently.
The only realistic scenarios are he either makes the Sabres and gets out of his Finnish contract because he has done so or goes back and fulfills the remainder of that contract.

Old
06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Eidsness receives WCHA Postgraduate Scholarship:
Quote:
University of North Dakota senior goaltender Brad Eidsness has been named the 2012-13 male recipient of the annual Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) Postgraduate Scholarship, announced today by the league office.

An advocate of excellence both on and off the ice for student-athletes, the WCHA initially announced the annual men's and women's postgraduate scholarship program in April of 2003, with the initial recipients named after the 2003-04 academic year. The WCHA Postgraduate Scholarships are grants of $10,000 each that are presented annually to a male and female student-athlete for postgraduate studies.

Eidsness, a native of Chestermere, Alberta, earned both his bachelor's and master's degrees in business administration during his four-year collegiate career. He graduated Magna *** Laude with a 3.779 cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work and boasted a 3.625 cumulative GPA as a graduate student.

In 2011-12, Eidsness was named the WCHA Most Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year and was UND's Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year (all sports). He graduated ranked third all-time at UND in wins (58), fourth in games played (104), fifth in goals against average (2.41), tied for fifth in shutouts (5) and sixth in save percentage (.906).

Eidsness was a three-time WCHA Scholar-Athlete Award recipient and a three-time All-WCHA Academic Team selection, and was UND's nominee for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award as a senior. In 2010-11, Eidsness received the NCAA Elite 88 Award for men's hockey for having the highest GPA among all competitors at his sport's championship.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Matty K

Does anyone know the status of Defensemen Corey Fienhage and Jordon Southorn?

Corey Fienhage was the Sabres #81st Selection back in 2008 and Jordon Southorn was the Sabres #104th Selection in 2008 as well.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty K View Post

Corey Fienhage was the Sabres #81st Selection back in 2008 and Jordon Southorn was the Sabres #104th Selection in 2008 as well.
What do you mean by status? Southorn wasnt signed and has played in the ECHL the last couple years.

Jordon Southorn, HockeyDB

Fienhage's rights either expired or will expire in August. Last season he signed an AHL/ECHL contract and bounced back and forth between Rochester and Gwinnett.

Corey Fienhage, HockeyDB

Old
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
What do you mean by status? Southorn wasnt signed and has played in the ECHL the last couple years.

Jordon Southorn, HockeyDB

Fienhage's rights either expired or will expire in August. Last season he signed an AHL/ECHL contract and bounced back and forth between Rochester and Gwinnett.

Corey Fienhage, HockeyDB
When I said status I meant their status in the Organization. So with Southorn gone from the Organization do you expect Fienhage to get a Contract with the Organization?

I would probably assume they don't give him a Contract due to the plethora of Defensemen we have in Rochester.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
jfb392

Fienhage's rights expired on June 1st.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Matty K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Fienhage's rights expired on June 1st.
Thanks for the update. Do we know if they Sabres have intentions of bringing back Brennan, Biega and Schiestel?

I'm kind of wondering because the Sabres still have a log jam on Defense in Rochester as they still have a signifigant amount of bodies on the Blue Line heading into next Season with Crawford, Pysyk, McNabb(possibly), MacKenzie, Finley and possibly Gauthier-Leduc.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:52 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Do we know if they Sabres have intentions of bringing back Brennan, Biega and Schiestel?

I'm kind of wondering because the Sabres still have a log jam on Defense in Rochester as they still have a signifigant amount of bodies on the Blue Line heading into next Season with Crawford, Pysyk, McNabb(possibly), MacKenzie, Finley and possibly Gauthier-Leduc.
They qualified all three of them but Schiestel may be moved based on comments by the organization when he was loaned.
I thought they might cut ties with Biega but they'll probably give him another year since he's still waiver exempt.
Brennan is no longer exempt and someone may want to pick him up on the way down based on his accomplishments the past few seasons.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:

Buffalo didn't sign either to ELC's so they are both UFA's.

06-21-2012, 03:16 PM
JPurp26

Didn't see it posted anywhere but going over draft stuff for my mock, Jerome G-L was awarded Emile-Bouchard trophy this year as the QMJHL Defenseman of the Year and a First Team All QMJHL All Star.

Congrats and look forward to seeing him in Rochester.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
Didn't see it posted anywhere but going over draft stuff for my mock, Jerome G-L was awarded Emile-Bouchard trophy this year as the QMJHL Defenseman of the Year and a First Team All QMJHL All Star.

Congrats and look forward to seeing him in Rochester.
I am looking forward to taking in some Amerks games this season. JGL will probably be #1 on my watchlist; if the Q games I've seen on internet streams are any indication he will be a fantastic player to watch live. Dan Cat will surely be a fun watch as well with his ridiculous speed. Throw the intrigue at goaltender, amount of defensemen, the saga of Luke Adam, etc into the mix and there's plenty to keep an eye on. Didn't even mention Pysyk yet. This should be a really good entry class for the Amerks, though typically lacking in top-end offense.

It's a shame Armia isn't also in the mix and I say that only as a matter of narrow concern as it's absolutely best for the organization and himself to play the next year in Finland.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:46 PM
revengeiseek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I am looking forward to taking in some Amerks games this season. JGL will probably be #1 on my watchlist; if the Q games I've seen on internet streams are any indication he will be a fantastic player to watch live. Dan Cat will surely be a fun watch as well with his ridiculous speed. Throw the intrigue at goaltender, amount of defensemen, the saga of Luke Adam, etc into the mix and there's plenty to keep an eye on. Didn't even mention Pysyk yet. This should be a really good entry class for the Amerks, though typically lacking in top-end offense.

It's a shame Armia isn't also in the mix and I say that only as a matter of narrow concern as it's absolutely best for the organization and himself to play the next year in Finland.
I am pretty sure Catenacci has to return to junior for 1 more year due to his age.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:11 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengeiseek View Post
I am pretty sure Catenacci has to return to junior for 1 more year due to his age.
That's correct. But Sundher will be there.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
That's correct. But Sundher will be there.
Got my centers mixed up

Old
06-23-2012, 01:55 PM
SirRocko

When is the rookie development camp?

Old
06-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRocko View Post
When is the rookie development camp?
Baker has yet to confirm the dates, but thinks it's July 8-14:
Quote:
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects
For those curious, I believe Sabres d-camp will take place July 8 through the 14th. Will try to confirm when I get back to Buff.

Link: https://twitter.com/SabresProspects/...95667655733248

Old
06-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Time to retire this puppy too.

Closed Thread