HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
  #26
westcory
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Kane = 1st overall

So we basically give Paajarvi and Marincin away for free?

Yakupov has the potential to be just as good or better then Pat Kane.
And might not be a complete punk.

westcory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
  #27
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Only on this forum will you even think a player like Kane would be under valued over a prospect....just wow.

If Bowman called up the Oilers and offered Kane for the first, there is no doubt in my mind the Oilers would say yes then unplug the phone. You dont get players like Kane for potential, nope, not at all.

I also dont know why the Oilers would even want Kane, they have enough scoring already.
Isnt Kane ~ middle of the road for 1st overalls in the last decade? I wouldnt be too surprised if he was below average for that group when all is said and done. While Chicago fans insist that his all round game has improved, he has stagnated at ppg winner (if stagnate is the right word for a star player...).

I guess what Im trying to say is, maybe "a prospect" is a little dismissive when one is talking about a player who is the best of his age group, and will likely remain a top 5 player of all those taken in 1 year.

Not to mention there are a lot more dynamics at play then you're addressing.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
  #28
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Only on this forum will you even think a player like Kane would be under valued over a prospect....just wow.

If Bowman called up the Oilers and offered Kane for the first, there is no doubt in my mind the Oilers would say yes then unplug the phone. You dont get players like Kane for potential, nope, not at all.

I also dont know why the Oilers would even want Kane, they have enough scoring already.
Well Kane has a big contract whereas Yak is on an ELC so thats one positive.
Kane is small and similar to players already on the team whereas Yak is more speed which the team needs.

Add to that Kane is infamous for his partying and its not that outrageous for the Oilers to think Yak fits the team better.

The way you say prospect implies someone like 15th overall in which case it would be absurd but its 1st overall

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
  #29
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Huge pass from Chicago.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:46 PM
  #30
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Edmonton's not moving Yakupov on an ELC for three years of Pat Kane at a $6.3m cap hit, ending in him becoming UFA.

Hall and Eberle get raises next year, and Hopkins the year after. Makes no sense straight across - much less with additional assets being moved.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:49 PM
  #31
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,399
vCash: 500
Huge pass from Edmonton. Yakupov should be in and around the range of Kanes ability, and probably better IMO. Also no matter how much the russian factor weighs against Yakupov, the ********* factor weighs against Kane way more. Marincin is arguably our best defense prospect, and we have Klefbom ffs. Marincin is worth a lot. Paajarvi is another blue chipper, and is our best forward prospect. So basically it is arguably the best prospect in the world (Yakupov), one of the better defense prospects around (Marincin), and another blue chip forward for a guy who puches cab drivers in the face and cries like a girl when his coach is fired. Pass.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
  #32
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Isnt Kane ~ middle of the road for 1st overalls in the last decade?
I wouldnt be too surprised if he was below average for that group when all is said and done. While Chicago fans insist that his all round game has improved, he has stagnated at ppg winner (if stagnate is the right word for a star player...).

I guess what Im trying to say is, maybe "a prospect" is a little dismissive when one is talking about a player who is the best of his age group, and will likely remain a top 5 player of all those taken in 1 year.

Not to mention there are a lot more dynamics at play then you're addressing.
Wait, so Kane, a 23 year old superstar, who in one 58 game season in the OHL, almost scored as much as Yak, if that is whom the Oilers take, in two seasons which consisted of 107 games, and Yak is a better prospect then Kane?

I really hope that isnt what you are saying, nah, I know that isnt. You are happy that the Oilers are drafting yet another highly rated prospect who's ceiling will hopefully be what Patrick Kane is now, a superstar. And Yak surely could become that....one day, while Kane already has reached that plateau and has more upside then what he is now considering he isnt even in his prime.

I mean, Hall is a fine player, so is Nuge, but the best player on the Oilers is Eberle. Now there is nothing in my being that wants the Hawks to trade Kane for the first, none what so ever. I, imo, dont think the Hawks would be better with Yak then with Kane, and I dislike Kane with a passion. But, to think a prospect is better then a proven commodity, which, Kane is, and a player, no matter what his size, is a truly gifted play maker who would, now, this is the big thing, make the Oilers better now and in the long run considering his truly high skill level at play making more so, imo, again, then Yak. But thats just me.

The under rating of Patrick Kane knows no bounds, especially when people actually think, outside of the ECL contract, Yak would be a better fit.

Like I said, the Oilers GM would say yes then pull the phone cord out the wall or drop his cell in a vat of bubbling grease if Bowman actually offered.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
  #33
victor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
The under rating of Patrick Kane knows no bounds, especially when people actually think, outside of the ECL contract, Yak would be a better fit.

Like I said, the Oilers GM would say yes then pull the phone cord out the wall or drop his cell in a vat of bubbling grease if Bowman actually offered.
It's the contract that seals the deal, though. Both players are going into three year contracts, one for $19m in cash and a 6.3m cap hit per year, ending in UFA status, and one for $2.94 plus bonuses, and a $3.8m cap hit, ending in RFA.

If you were an owner, which one would you take? Yakupov at 60% of Kane's scoring is a better deal, from a cap hit perspective, and if he hit's his bonuses, he'll blow Kane away from a dollars to points perspective.

Kane's a better player today - I'm not sure that he'll be 40% better than Yakupov over the next three years.

As an owner or GM, I know which one I would rather have.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
  #34
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor View Post
It's the contract that seals the deal, though. Both players are going into three year contracts, one for $19m in cash and a 6.3m cap hit per year, ending in UFA status, and one for $2.94 plus bonuses, and a $3.8m cap hit, ending in RFA.

If you were an owner, which one would you take? Yakupov at 60% of Kane's scoring is a better deal, from a cap hit perspective, and if he hit's his bonuses, he'll blow Kane away from a dollars to points perspective.

Kane's a better player today - I'm not sure that he'll be 40% better than Yakupov over the next three years.

As an owner or GM, I know which one I would rather have.
And from a financial standpoint thats good business.

But, there is no way Chicago gives up one of the faces of their franchise for a prospect.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
  #35
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,429
vCash: 500
I'd rather have yakupov. He will be home grown, on an ELC and seems like less of a tool than Kane.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:40 PM
  #36
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
i suspect the oilers would not entertain the idea of taking on the baggage of a guy who spends more time getting himself into trouble than the gym. off season is not for partying its for working out.

there is no way they let that child in their dressing room.

then you look at yaks for ELC for 3 years.
Then you look at Magnus who has the frame and size to fill out and be effective in a NA game, then you look at Marincin who is one of the untouchable prospects on defence with klefbom.

major pass... even if kane was free. even if kane was free on an ELC. kane = cancer.

no professional should have to be told that off seasons are for work outs.

--- Lets say Kane wasnt a child and wasnt getting 7 M... even then i take yaks for his physical style. Id love to obtain Tuomo from the Hurricanes to add to our top 6 which in conjunction with adding Yaks would really change our top 6 attack.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
  #37
SaskOil*
u mad
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskabush
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
No thanks, Oilers get totally ripped. We don't want that cancer near the kids anyway.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
  #38
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Wait, so Kane, a 23 year old superstar, who in one 58 game season in the OHL, almost scored as much as Yak, if that is whom the Oilers take, in two seasons which consisted of 107 games, and Yak is a better prospect then Kane?

I really hope that isnt what you are saying, nah, I know that isnt. You are happy that the Oilers are drafting yet another highly rated prospect who's ceiling will hopefully be what Patrick Kane is now, a superstar. And Yak surely could become that....one day, while Kane already has reached that plateau and has more upside then what he is now considering he isnt even in his prime.

I mean, Hall is a fine player, so is Nuge, but the best player on the Oilers is Eberle. Now there is nothing in my being that wants the Hawks to trade Kane for the first, none what so ever. I, imo, dont think the Hawks would be better with Yak then with Kane, and I dislike Kane with a passion. But, to think a prospect is better then a proven commodity, which, Kane is, and a player, no matter what his size, is a truly gifted play maker who would, now, this is the big thing, make the Oilers better now and in the long run considering his truly high skill level at play making more so, imo, again, then Yak. But thats just me.

The under rating of Patrick Kane knows no bounds, especially when people actually think, outside of the ECL contract, Yak would be a better fit.

Like I said, the Oilers GM would say yes then pull the phone cord out the wall or drop his cell in a vat of bubbling grease if Bowman actually offered.
You have a glorious imagination.


the oilers also are about character. we are done trying to get guys who are douches with talent/

This isnt a kid that made a mistake, this is a moron and child of daycare-ish proportions. We dont want to hire babysitters. most of our guys were busy training with Gary Roberts while Kane was causing his usual mess.

I never liked him... i could tell he was a child from the draft.

The Oilers will gladly engage in talks about david bolland though.


Last edited by oilinblood: 06-21-2012 at 10:55 PM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:51 AM
  #39
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,729
vCash: 50
Yakupov's too damn elite to trade, nevermind Paajarvi and big Marty Marincin.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
  #40
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 21,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
No thanks from Chicago. Edmonton can keep it's potential, we'll keep winning.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:09 AM
  #41
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
This doesn't make sense for either side TBH.

Pat Kane would be highly unlikely to stay in Edmonton beyond his current contract.

And The Hawks won't find a Pat Kane caliber player from this year's draft - let alone having to waste more time developing that player.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:39 AM
  #42
hawksfan79
Registered User
 
hawksfan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
HUGE no from Chicago.

hawksfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:23 AM
  #43
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
i suspect the oilers would not entertain the idea of taking on the baggage of a guy who spends more time getting himself into trouble than the gym. off season is not for partying its for working out.
Y'know, it's thing like this that get repeated on and on around these parts... where do people get this things? Honestly, where?

Kane is a gym freak. He has a naturally small build, so it's hard to add more muscle beyond a certain point. The guy's training regimen during the offseason is as tough and rigorous as they come. But of course, you wouldn't know that since you're an Oilers fan. An excusable mistake to make, but try and know what you're talking about next time before spouting out garbage.

As for the original trade, it seems pretty clear that neither side likes it much.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
  #44
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
And from a financial standpoint thats good business.

But, there is no way Chicago gives up one of the faces of their franchise for a prospect.
You're also ignoring the extras Edm is throwing in. Kane for the 1st is in essence a wash...a sweetener would have to be added from Edmonton's side, but not the equivalent of our 2nd best D prospect + our only 2nd line winger prospect. That is what makes it a bad deal for EDM not Kane for the 1st. 1st overall + 2nd rounder for Kane would be reasonable market value while maintaining interest for EDM. Problem is that wouldn't do it for Chicago.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.