HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs: Streit or Bouillon?

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2006, 05:54 PM
joepaco

vCash: 500
I also say Streit , as long as he keeps his game up until the end. The only thing Bouillon has over him ,is playoff experience

Old
04-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Why would Dandenault sit? I keep reading posters that want him to play forward or skip a game or two. His stats since the break arent good enough? Hes been steady, chips offensively and hes a +10 what more do you want from him?
Because he's a 5/6 D just like everyone else I was talking about. Did you read my entire post? The whole point was you go with the guys who are playing well. If Dandenault is one of those guys, you go with him. If he starts to struggle and Gainey feels a guy like Bouillon can bring more than he can on any given night, you go with the cube.

Old
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

I sense that some fans voted for Bouillon more with their hearts than their heads. They see a small player who occasionally makes some big hits and who skates rather well. They think he's cute, un poupée. At the same time they overlook his frequent errors in the defensive zone. He has the shortest wingspan, he is the easiest D from whom to strip the puck, and he makes questionable outlet passes. His minus rating is the worst among the Dmen.

I am beginning to warm up to Streit. At first I disliked him because he seemed soft and not well adjusted to the North American rinks. However, he is a cerebral player and he seems to have learned how to compensate for some of his shortcomings. No doubt he is better than Bouillon in the offensive zone, and his choice of passes is more intelligent.

Old
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
davenash

I'd take Bouillon but we should go with 7dmen.

Old
04-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Kirk Muller

Playoffs tend to be faster, harder hitting, and more intense. I currently cringe when Streit has the puck in the defensive zone cause he still hasn't figured what to do with it. Watch him in the corner with the puck, he has an awful time figuring out what to do with it. Does he reverse it? Bank it off the boards? Try an outlet? He hasn't figured it out yet, and i just can't imagine him trying to make that decision when a guy is about to hammer him. Streit has played better than earlier this year, but that doesn't really take much. He lookes more comfortable on the PP right now, but imo his defensive play, and decision making are still below average.

I personally think Bouillons play has dropped since early in the year, but i like his grit, and intensity more. The playoffs are about sacrifice, Bubbles has it in spades. Its just personal preference.

Both are small, and have trouble against bigger forwards, i just don't ever feel comfortable with Streit on the ice.

Old
04-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

I would go with the CUBE

Old
04-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Talent Analyst

both for me

Old
04-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Slick Nick

Bouillon or 7 Dman... Holy Murray upstairs

Old
04-08-2006, 03:46 AM
les Habs

Bouillon

Old
04-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Bouillon get the puck out of the zone more easily(first pass!) and can hit. No question.

But Streit > Rivet, Sourey in the last few games.

Old
04-08-2006, 10:37 AM
eddy

Tough call. It would be hard to pull Streit from the lineup just as he's starting to come into his own but at the same time Bouillion is deserving and we could use his toughness and grit in the playoffs. I'd have to go with both and play 7 D or let them rotate and after a certain point just play whoever is playing best and stick with them.

Closed Thread