HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
  #101
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace... Let's say the Rangers were to include Kreider. What else would it take? Kreider, dubi, pick?
Kreider Anisimov 1st I think Howson would say yes.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
  #102
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Kreider Anisimov 1st I think Howson would say yes.
I don't think we could take cap hit without giving some back though

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
  #103
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I don't think we could take cap hit without giving some back though
Kreider, Dubinsky, Miller, 1st.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
  #104
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace... Let's say the Rangers were to include Kreider. What else would it take? Kreider, dubi, pick?
The way my mindset is tonight, I don't care. I'm sure that Howson will find a way to **** it up and get bent over in the deal.

Realistically, I don't think it would take much more than that. I would prefer either a better top six or Del Zotto, but I think that MDZ would be a little too much to ask for if Kreider is included.

Kev22 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
  #105
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Kreider, Dubinsky, Miller, 1st.

leesmith is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
  #106
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Kreider, Dubinsky, Miller, 1st.
That would be good.

Gagnefan924 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
  #107
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace... Let's say the Rangers were to include Kreider. What else would it take? Kreider, dubi, pick?
I think you probably nailed it above.....

Howson probably wants more (Miller/Hagelin, etc) but at this point unless the "lines are burning up" and everyone is in the dark (media, etc) it looks like we're limping to the line for a "big haul"

Honestly, I would say the Rangers probably win this deal. Howson would just have to pray that Kreider will blossom into a star. Cause Dubi is what he is (role player) and the first is so late the chances of drafting a big time player there are minimal. If Kreider is just a solid player over the next 8 5 years the CBJ will have lost the trade.

Honestly, I would rather see Ottawa as the destination for a couple roster players, like Foligno/whoever, and a couple of high end prospects (Zbad/Lehner) + a mid round first rounder.

Who knows, Nash probably would kill a blockbuster deal to Ottawa anyway....

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
  #108
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
For all we know, Resnick and Howson talked with Nash on speakerphone with an agreement that if Issue X and Y were taken care of by July 2, that the trade request would be completely rescinded.

I maintain that the only three guys who have any real idea what's going on are Nash, Resnick, and Howson. Maybe the offers haven't been there at any point, and maybe no one's really looking to make a move. Maybe it's nothing but the typical quantity-for-quality garbage, and is little better than what we see here on the trade boards.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
  #109
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Or maybe

Kreider, Dubinsky and Hagelin if you prefer to keep the pick and Miller.

Roadman is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
  #110
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
For all we know, Resnick and Howson talked with Nash on speakerphone with an agreement that if Issue X and Y were taken care of by July 2, that the trade request would be completely rescinded.

I maintain that the only three guys who have any real idea what's going on are Nash, Resnick, and Howson. Maybe the offers haven't been there at any point, and maybe no one's really looking to make a move. Maybe it's nothing but the typical quantity-for-quality garbage, and is little better than what we see here on the trade boards.
Like a big time Goalie?

Roadman is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
  #111
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
For all we know, Resnick and Howson talked with Nash on speakerphone with an agreement that if Issue X and Y were taken care of by July 2, that the trade request would be completely rescinded.

I maintain that the only three guys who have any real idea what's going on are Nash, Resnick, and Howson. Maybe the offers haven't been there at any point, and maybe no one's really looking to make a move. Maybe it's nothing but the typical quantity-for-quality garbage, and is little better than what we see here on the trade boards.
but we read the INTERNET, we clearly know as much as these guys because of insiderrrs...

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
  #112
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Like a big time Goalie?
#45 for Luongo. Take it or leave it, Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
but we read the INTERNET, we clearly know as much as these guys because of insiderrrs...
Insiderrs in the world of *******?

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
  #113
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,878
vCash: 500
Sens try to land a reluctant Nash

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...medium=twitter

RDriesenUD is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
  #114
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Or maybe

Kreider, Dubinsky and Hagelin if you prefer to keep the pick and Miller.
Now that would be ideal but probably overpayment by the NYR.

I would think Hagelin to the Rangers is > Miller +1st

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
  #115
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Or maybe

Kreider, Dubinsky and Hagelin if you prefer to keep the pick and Miller.
3 roster players? 2 top 6 potental forwards? I understand he is the face of that franchise but wow!! That's giving up 2 young studs who make about 2m combined for a guy who scores 30 with a 7.8 cap hit. I was just wondering if Kreider would do it. I wouldn't give up kreider unless I thought Nash would put up 40/50 and I don't think he will and I really like him. Also you can't really blame Howson no one is gonna give up a huge haul and take that cap hit too that's the biggest problem

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
  #116
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,516
vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Another self-conscious fanbase.

I could actually see Nash enjoying Ottawa. The problem is, they're not altogether in a better position than Columbus, despite their surprising run last year.

IMO, anyway. Like their offer, for sure.

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
  #117
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Jesus.....This is what I was afraid of. Cmon Nash...quit being a baby. You are Canadian and they have a good team. Accept it.

Foligno + Zbad+ Lehner/Bishop + 1st = Nash deal

By far the best one actually somewhat tabbed as doable by the media. Don't get me wrong, I like speculating and proposing trades with the best of em.

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
  #118
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
3 roster players? 2 top 6 potental forwards? I understand he is the face of that franchise but wow!! That's giving up 2 young studs who make about 2m combined for a guy who scores 30 with a 7.8 cap hit. I was just wondering if Kreider would do it. I wouldn't give up kreider unless I thought Nash would put up 40/50 and I don't think he will and I really like him. Also you can't really blame Howson no one is gonna give up a huge haul and take that cap hit too that's the biggest problem
I just made two suggestions in response to your question. But it is as you said two POTENTIAL top 6, they arn't there yet, Your taking a dollar and giving back 2 quarters (and a dime). We're hoping those quarters can appreciate over time into dollars themselves but for now they're still quarters. In the case of Miller and the 1st it's even less.

Roadman is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  #119
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
3 roster players? 2 top 6 potental forwards? I understand he is the face of that franchise but wow!! That's giving up 2 young studs who make about 2m combined for a guy who scores 30 with a 7.8 cap hit. I was just wondering if Kreider would do it. I wouldn't give up kreider unless I thought Nash would put up 40/50 and I don't think he will and I really like him. Also you can't really blame Howson no one is gonna give up a huge haul and take that cap hit too that's the biggest problem
I agree, those 3 are a little too much. Hagelin's production last year would definitely lessen any risk from the Jackets side.

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
  #120
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Jesus.....This is what I was afraid of. Cmon Nash...quit being a baby. You are Canadian and they have a good team. Accept it.

Foligno + Zbad+ Lehner/Bishop + 1st = Nash deal

By far the best one actually somewhat tabbed as doable by the media. Don't get me wrong, I like speculating and proposing trades with the best of em.
The key phrase from the quote is bolded.

"With the prospects we have, if we decided to jump in full bore, I think we have as good a package as anybody."

Who knows what they're currently working from as a baseline. Basically, I read it as "Yes, we have interest. Yes, we're kicking tires."

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  #121
Cash for Nash
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The key phrase from the quote is bolded.

"With the prospects we have, if we decided to jump in full bore, I think we have as good a package as anybody."

Who knows what they're currently working from as a baseline. Basically, I read it as "Yes, we have interest. Yes, we're kicking tires."
Good Point

? Would you make that trade if you were Howson?

I sure as hell would....

Cash for Nash is offline  
Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
  #122
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
Will you write everything using iambic pentameter?
That would, I think, be quite the thing to see.
I do approve of this suggested act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Good Point

? Would you make that trade if you were Howson?

I sure as hell would....
I'd have that one on the back burner. I don't like the futures-to-rosterplayers ratio. It's otherwise fine.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
  #123
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Good Point

? Would you make that trade if you were Howson?

I sure as hell would....
We're assuming that the offer was in fact Zibanejad, Bishop, Foligno, and the 1st. I'm not operating on that assumption. Ottawa doesn't have much system depth in goal; they basically have Anderson, Lehner, and Bishop...and that's all. Nothing else. That in itself makes me wonder how much validity there is to it, and how much is simply people saying, "Columbus needs a goalie. Therefore, Lehner or Bishop must be leaving."

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
  #124
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Good Point

? Would you make that trade if you were Howson?

I sure as hell would....
I wouldn't. There isn't a player in that trade that strikes me as likely to be better than Nash. If I'm going to trade for guys with low ceilings, I'd prefer roster players to prospects.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 AM
  #125
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I wouldn't. There isn't a player in that trade that strikes me as likely to be better than Nash. If I'm going to trade for guys with low ceilings, I'd prefer roster players to prospects.
Unless, of course, it's a large collection of prospects. And if it is, we're right back into the same situation as with the Rangers...a handful of players who might make a difference and might not.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.