HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Ranger fan coming in peace... Let's say the Rangers were to include Kreider. What else would it take? Kreider, dubi, pick?
Kreider Anisimov 1st I think Howson would say yes.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Kreider Anisimov 1st I think Howson would say yes.
I don't think we could take cap hit without giving some back though

Old
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
I don't think we could take cap hit without giving some back though
Kreider, Dubinsky, Miller, 1st.

I post, therefore I am.
Old
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Ranger fan coming in peace... Let's say the Rangers were to include Kreider. What else would it take? Kreider, dubi, pick?
The way my mindset is tonight, I don't care. I'm sure that Howson will find a way to **** it up and get bent over in the deal.

Realistically, I don't think it would take much more than that. I would prefer either a better top six or Del Zotto, but I think that MDZ would be a little too much to ask for if Kreider is included.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post

Old
06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
That would be good.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
I think you probably nailed it above.....

Howson probably wants more (Miller/Hagelin, etc) but at this point unless the "lines are burning up" and everyone is in the dark (media, etc) it looks like we're limping to the line for a "big haul"

Honestly, I would say the Rangers probably win this deal. Howson would just have to pray that Kreider will blossom into a star. Cause Dubi is what he is (role player) and the first is so late the chances of drafting a big time player there are minimal. If Kreider is just a solid player over the next 8 5 years the CBJ will have lost the trade.

Honestly, I would rather see Ottawa as the destination for a couple roster players, like Foligno/whoever, and a couple of high end prospects (Zbad/Lehner) + a mid round first rounder.

Who knows, Nash probably would kill a blockbuster deal to Ottawa anyway....

Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

For all we know, Resnick and Howson talked with Nash on speakerphone with an agreement that if Issue X and Y were taken care of by July 2, that the trade request would be completely rescinded.

I maintain that the only three guys who have any real idea what's going on are Nash, Resnick, and Howson. Maybe the offers haven't been there at any point, and maybe no one's really looking to make a move. Maybe it's nothing but the typical quantity-for-quality garbage, and is little better than what we see here on the trade boards.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Or maybe

Kreider, Dubinsky and Hagelin if you prefer to keep the pick and Miller.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
For all we know, Resnick and Howson talked with Nash on speakerphone with an agreement that if Issue X and Y were taken care of by July 2, that the trade request would be completely rescinded.

I maintain that the only three guys who have any real idea what's going on are Nash, Resnick, and Howson. Maybe the offers haven't been there at any point, and maybe no one's really looking to make a move. Maybe it's nothing but the typical quantity-for-quality garbage, and is little better than what we see here on the trade boards.
Like a big time Goalie?

Old
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:

but we read the INTERNET, we clearly know as much as these guys because of insiderrrs...

Old
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Like a big time Goalie?
#45 for Luongo. Take it or leave it, Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
but we read the INTERNET, we clearly know as much as these guys because of insiderrrs...
Insiderrs in the world of *******?

Old
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
RDriesenUD

Sens try to land a reluctant Nash

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...medium=twitter

Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Or maybe

Now that would be ideal but probably overpayment by the NYR.

I would think Hagelin to the Rangers is > Miller +1st

Old
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Or maybe

3 roster players? 2 top 6 potental forwards? I understand he is the face of that franchise but wow!! That's giving up 2 young studs who make about 2m combined for a guy who scores 30 with a 7.8 cap hit. I was just wondering if Kreider would do it. I wouldn't give up kreider unless I thought Nash would put up 40/50 and I don't think he will and I really like him. Also you can't really blame Howson no one is gonna give up a huge haul and take that cap hit too that's the biggest problem

Old
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Another self-conscious fanbase.

I could actually see Nash enjoying Ottawa. The problem is, they're not altogether in a better position than Columbus, despite their surprising run last year.

IMO, anyway. Like their offer, for sure.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Jesus.....This is what I was afraid of. Cmon Nash...quit being a baby. You are Canadian and they have a good team. Accept it.

Foligno + Zbad+ Lehner/Bishop + 1st = Nash deal

By far the best one actually somewhat tabbed as doable by the media. Don't get me wrong, I like speculating and proposing trades with the best of em.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
3 roster players? 2 top 6 potental forwards? I understand he is the face of that franchise but wow!! That's giving up 2 young studs who make about 2m combined for a guy who scores 30 with a 7.8 cap hit. I was just wondering if Kreider would do it. I wouldn't give up kreider unless I thought Nash would put up 40/50 and I don't think he will and I really like him. Also you can't really blame Howson no one is gonna give up a huge haul and take that cap hit too that's the biggest problem
I just made two suggestions in response to your question. But it is as you said two POTENTIAL top 6, they arn't there yet, Your taking a dollar and giving back 2 quarters (and a dime). We're hoping those quarters can appreciate over time into dollars themselves but for now they're still quarters. In the case of Miller and the 1st it's even less.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
I agree, those 3 are a little too much. Hagelin's production last year would definitely lessen any risk from the Jackets side.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Jesus.....This is what I was afraid of. Cmon Nash...quit being a baby. You are Canadian and they have a good team. Accept it.

Foligno + Zbad+ Lehner/Bishop + 1st = Nash deal

By far the best one actually somewhat tabbed as doable by the media. Don't get me wrong, I like speculating and proposing trades with the best of em.
The key phrase from the quote is bolded.

"With the prospects we have, if we decided to jump in full bore, I think we have as good a package as anybody."

Who knows what they're currently working from as a baseline. Basically, I read it as "Yes, we have interest. Yes, we're kicking tires."

Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
The key phrase from the quote is bolded.

"With the prospects we have, if we decided to jump in full bore, I think we have as good a package as anybody."

Who knows what they're currently working from as a baseline. Basically, I read it as "Yes, we have interest. Yes, we're kicking tires."
Good Point

? Would you make that trade if you were Howson?

I sure as hell would....

Old
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
Will you write everything using iambic pentameter?
That would, I think, be quite the thing to see.
I do approve of this suggested act.

Quote:
Good Point

I sure as hell would....
I'd have that one on the back burner. I don't like the futures-to-rosterplayers ratio. It's otherwise fine.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Good Point

I sure as hell would....
We're assuming that the offer was in fact Zibanejad, Bishop, Foligno, and the 1st. I'm not operating on that assumption. Ottawa doesn't have much system depth in goal; they basically have Anderson, Lehner, and Bishop...and that's all. Nothing else. That in itself makes me wonder how much validity there is to it, and how much is simply people saying, "Columbus needs a goalie. Therefore, Lehner or Bishop must be leaving."

Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Good Point

I sure as hell would....
I wouldn't. There isn't a player in that trade that strikes me as likely to be better than Nash. If I'm going to trade for guys with low ceilings, I'd prefer roster players to prospects.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I wouldn't. There isn't a player in that trade that strikes me as likely to be better than Nash. If I'm going to trade for guys with low ceilings, I'd prefer roster players to prospects.
Unless, of course, it's a large collection of prospects. And if it is, we're right back into the same situation as with the Rangers...a handful of players who might make a difference and might not.

Closed Thread