HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Eklund Rumor

Old
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think I am the only one who doesn't want us to trade Schenn for Yandle lol. I would prefer a package of JVR+Cousins+1st this year for him. Top 6er, top prospect, top pick.

I really don't think Homer wants to move Schenn or Couturier at all.
You're not alone.

As I posed in the Offseason thread, I have some concerns about this move--both the player to be acquired and the potential cost.

On the other hand, I'd have no issue offering Voracek, Read, Cousins and a pick for Yandle.

Phoenix gets to build on their Czech core, and Voracek definitely fits their two-way style. Read will add 25 goals on the cheap to a team that wasn't exactly overflowing with offense. Cousins gives them a future 3C prospect. The pick is negotiable.

They still have Vermette and Hanzel as top-6 centers.

Doan-Vermette-Whitney
Voracek-Hanzel-Vrbata

Am I reaching here?

On the other hand...

Coburn-Yandle
Timonen-Grossmann
Mezsaros-MAB
Lilja

Let Carle walk.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:19 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think I am the only one who doesn't want us to trade Schenn for Yandle lol. I would prefer a package of JVR+Cousins+1st this year for him. Top 6er, top prospect, top pick.

I really don't think Homer wants to move Schenn or Couturier at all.

Also what does Pittsburgh(rumored to be in he mix) have to offer besides Stall(who probably won't get traded there because of the whole brother thing now) We can beat any of their offers.
I dont know if you are the only one, but I would trade Schenn+ for Yandle. Now it would depend on what that + is but if Schenn is the centerpiece I do it.
to get a defenseman like Yandle you have to give to get. if you dont want to include Schenn or JVR you arent going to get a guy like Yandle.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I dont know if you are the only one, but I would trade Schenn+ for Yandle. Now it would depend on what that + is but if Schenn is the centerpiece I do it.
to get a defenseman like Yandle you have to give to get. if you dont want to include Schenn or JVR you arent going to get a guy like Yandle.
I would do JVR in a heartbeat. Homer has been rumored to really have no interest in trading Schenn or Couts.

I really have no clue what his value is though. Yandle will bring a big package back, just not so sure how large. Lebrun also said he really doesn't think we are interested in trading Schenn too. Just don't know, but I have been surprised before

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
duffy9748

I think they would want JVR mainly due to the fact that he's signed for 6 more years at a low cap hit if he hits his potential. He also doesn't seem like the type of guy who would complain about going to Phoenix. He already stated he'd go to Columbus. This is also assuming Holmgren doesn''t include Schenn or Couturier.

JVR+Read+Cousins+2012 1st+2013(2nd).

I'd honestly be willing to make that pick in 2013 a 1st too.

A core of:

Giroux/Couturier/Schenn/Voracek/Simmonds/Yandle/Coburn/Grossman

All locked up for the future(expecting Voracek/Simmonds to be here long term).

Trade Bob for a pick/prospect.

Not to mention the fact we have money to go after Weber next season.

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr(3.0)
Voracek(3.5)-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-Langenbrunner(2.5)
Wellwood-Talbot-Prust(1.4)
Rinaldo

Yandle-Grossman
Coburn-Timonen
Meszaros-Gus

Bryz
Biron(1.2)

Even possibly go Yandle/Meszaros and Coburn/Grossman and let Timonen get easy minutes and mentor Gus.
Capgeek isn't working for me, but approximately 1.5 left in cap space. I am counting Schenn's(3.1) and put Pronger on LTIR.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:38 AM
djlethal08

Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
They Flyers don't want to move Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier in any deal. Period.

Dustin Leed tweeted this about an hour ago. Now I realized there's a difference between "don't want to" and "won't" but it seems like Homer is taking a firm stance on those 2 players.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
They Flyers don't want to move Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier in any deal. Period.

Dustin Leed tweeted this about an hour ago. Now I realized there's a difference between "don't want to" and "won't" but it seems like Homer is taking a firm stance on those 2 players.
Good.

This pleases me.

I can go to bed now.

You're all in charge. Make sure they don't do anything stupid overnight.

I'll take over in about 6 hours.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:45 AM
hockeyfreak7

That's nice to hear.

Everyone loves to freak out, but in the end these are just rumors. It seems clear now that CBJ/ANA/PHO are interested in Schenn, but Holmgren isnt gonna budge on that. And with that being the case, I think Couturier is definitely safe.

JVR/Voracek/Read will be the names in play tomorrow.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Anyone think maybe JVR, Cousins, MAB, this years first gets yandle? I would do that in a second

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:52 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
That's nice to hear.

Everyone loves to freak out, but in the end these are just rumors. It seems clear now that CBJ/ANA/PHO are interested in Schenn, but Holmgren isnt gonna budge on that. And with that being the case, I think Couturier is definitely safe.

JVR/Voracek/Read will be the names in play tomorrow.
probably put Bobrovsky in that list as well. i think hes gone and Holmgren will find a cheaper backup.
I never freak out over rumors. this is the crazy season for the rumors. Espcially from twitter. lots of crazy crap off twitter.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED

Just as i figured.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Krishna

Can we cut schenn up and get Ryan, Yandle, and Nash?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
probably put Bobrovsky in that list as well. i think hes gone and Holmgren will find a cheaper backup.
I never freak out over rumors. this is the crazy season for the rumors. Espcially from twitter. lots of crazy crap off twitter.
BOB will turn into a superstar in Phoenix and then we can sign him to a ridiculous contract as a UFA in 8 years

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:55 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Think JvR is the centerpiece for any deal to be made. And contrary to HF belief I think he carries more weight then people give him credit for here.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 01:56 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Can we cut schenn up and get Ryan, Yandle, and Nash?
maybe the NHL will waive the salary cap so we can do that

Old
06-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Think JvR is the centerpiece for any deal to be made. And contrary to HF belief I think he carries more weight then people give him credit for here.
The thing i don't like about JVR being moved is guys are going to be hesitant in singing long term with the flyers. Can't keep moving guys you just re-signed.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:02 AM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

I like that Homer is taking a stance on Schenn/Couts. The two players "Carter and Richards replacements" need to stay here, otherwise Holmgren is going to look like an idiot especially if they develop. I want to see those kids develop here and lift a cup here.

Yandle for JVR++ would be fantastic. Maybe not even that much more because I truly think JVR has a lot more value than people in this league think. Value doesn't just disappear after a ****** season especially when the kid is 23, signed and poised to be a 25+ goal scorer for the duration of his contract, and if I'm not mistaken the Coyotes need goal scoring especially with Whitney, Doan and etc. getting old. Even while injured he showed flashes of greatness. Honestly, I don't want to trade the kid but if it gives us a player like Ryan or Yandle I'm all for it.

JVR+Read+2012/2013 1st? Probably more around these forums but I think that's what could get it done. Maloney knows those two kids can score and I would imagine Matt Read holds a lot of value to the 'Yotes. 900k for 20+ goals and 50+ points? Phoenix written all over it. Get it done Holmgren.

phillyflyerfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:05 AM
hockeyfreak7

This was my prediction from the start, and if it's true that Homer wont move Schenn, I think it's the most likely scenario if we even do end up making a big trade tomorrow-- JVR+Bobrovsky+20th Overall for the Jackets pick 2nd Overall.

And while that's the HFboards value deal, I think in reality JVR+Bob+3rd would be enough to land the pick. CBJ needs their goalie, and real GMs understand the talent that JVR has.

I really could see JVR breaking out in CBJ. The kid's gonna be good. It's just a shame nobody is patient enough to wait for him.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:12 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
The thing i don't like about JVR being moved is guys are going to be hesitant in singing long term with the flyers. Can't keep moving guys you just re-signed.
yea yea yea, and they'll continue to say it over and over and over again the more we trade guys on Long Term Deals. The thing is people want to play here, we have a great fanbase, we are constantly a playoff team, we are on the east coast and are a big city but also are not as big as NY and offer a suburb not far from the city that regular people can be ok living in. We have an owner that spends through the cap each year have a scouting staff that drafts well and a GM that has a nose for talent. I'd argue that as far as Free Agents go we are in the top 3 as destinations if you want a playoff team and the rest of the above. Detroit, New York, Philadelphia, and Boston is probably close to being there as well

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:17 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
This was my prediction from the start, and if it's true that Homer wont move Schenn, I think it's the most likely scenario if we even do end up making a big trade tomorrow-- JVR+Bobrovsky+20th Overall for the Jackets pick 2nd Overall.

And while that's the HFboards value deal, I think in reality JVR+Bob+3rd would be enough to land the pick. CBJ needs their goalie, and real GMs understand the talent that JVR has.

I really could see JVR breaking out in CBJ. The kid's gonna be good. It's just a shame nobody is patient enough to wait for him.
It's probably to big of a makeover but if they made a deal for Yandle and the #2 pick. We'd have plenty of cap space to spend in free agency.

Voracek+Read+2012 1st+2013 1st or 2nd for Yandle.

JVR+Bob+Cousins for #2

Draft Murray

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
UFA-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-UFA
Wellwood-Talbot-UFA

Yandle-Mez
Coburn-Grossman
Murray-Timonen

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:17 AM
djlethal08

Honestly I believe JVR+Read should be enough for Yandle. Phoenix needs scoring and those 2 could easily give a combined 45-50 goals next year, plus their combined cap hit is less then Yandle's.

This way the Flyers can still keep their 1st round pick and could draft someone like Slater Koekkoek, or maybe package Bob and the 1st to move up.

djlethal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
yea yea yea, and they'll continue to say it over and over and over again the more we trade guys on Long Term Deals. The thing is people want to play here, we have a great fanbase, we are constantly a playoff team, we are on the east coast and are a big city but also are not as big as NY and offer a suburb not far from the city that regular people can be ok living in. We have an owner that spends through the cap each year have a scouting staff that drafts well and a GM that has a nose for talent. I'd argue that as far as Free Agents go we are in the top 3 as destinations if you want a playoff team and the rest of the above. Detroit, New York, Philadelphia, and Boston is probably close to being there as well
True. But there will be certain players who will have what i said in mind.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Damaged Goods

I would rather re-sign Matt Carle at a discounted rate than fork over a ton of forward talent to get Keith Yandle.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:25 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
It's probably to big of a makeover but if they made a deal for Yandle and the #2 pick. We'd have plenty of cap space to spend in free agency.

Voracek+Read+2012 1st+2013 1st or 2nd for Yandle.

JVR+Bob+Cousins for #2

Draft Murray

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
UFA-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-UFA
Wellwood-Talbot-UFA

Yandle-Mez
Coburn-Grossman
Murray-Timonen
That's a lot of depth to give up. I wouldnt be comfortable going into free agency with two spots to fill in the middle six.

Would be nice to make a play for Parise, though, wouldnt it?

I also dont think Yandle will cost as much as the trade board seems to think he will.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Nash, Yandle or Ryan i dont care which one just please get one of them without trading Giroux, Schenn, Couturier or Coburn and im a happy man.

We also talk about how untouchable Couturier is but imo Schenn has more offensive upside and ill still stand by that belief. Couturier does have a lot of poise with the puck tho

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Nash, Yandle or Ryan i dont care which one just please get one of them without trading Giroux, Schenn, Couturier or Coburn and im a happy man.

We also talk about how untouchable Couturier is but imo Schenn has more offensive upside and ill still stand by that belief. Couturier does have a lot of poise with the puck tho
Couturier is more valuable IMO. His size and defensive ability isn't something you can discount. Especially at center.