HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What big name players get traded on Draft Day?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 AM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Last year Richards and Carter got traded. That was BIG news and was a major shock. Trying to think of other recent big draft day trades in the past few years but drawing a blank. I don't know if anything like that will happen this year. Maybe Nash will get traded but that would be expected by this point.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:21 AM
redthrowaway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Because we are going to trade one headcase for another..

Not to mention Luongo would get ripped apart here in the media and by the fans
He gets ragged on, but he's pretty damned level-headed. I can't see Philly's media being worse than Van's.

redthrowaway* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Bryzgalov to Toronto for Schenn.

Schenn and Schenn to Vancouver for Luongo and Edler.
Vancover is not the city of Brotherly love, but brothers can come there, and they can love.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthrowaway View Post
He gets ragged on, but he's pretty damned level-headed. I can't see Philly's media being worse than Van's.
Oh, trust me.. It is

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Last year Richards and Carter got traded. That was BIG news and was a major shock. Trying to think of other recent big draft day trades in the past few years but drawing a blank. I don't know if anything like that will happen this year. Maybe Nash will get traded but that would be expected by this point.
They weren't draft day trades but they were close.. A few days before

Old
06-22-2012, 02:25 AM
KISSland

Bouwmeester, Nash. Suters rights.

Quote:
Oh, trust me.. It is
Except you know.. you'll have an actual goalie.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:26 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Because we are going to trade one headcase for another..

Not to mention Luongo would get ripped apart here in the media and by the fans
I don't know, Vancouver was getting pretty rabid with him towards the end of the season.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
I don't know, Vancouver was getting pretty rabid with him towards the end of the season.
The flyers media was rabid with bryz all year.. hell, when he was selected as first star for march, they still tried to discredit him

Old
06-22-2012, 02:32 AM
ALine

Quote:
Who rumored Faulk + Sutter + 8th?

I've heard it being thrown around for a few weeks, in a few different types of media.

Found this, i think its the original rumour. Don't know how much credibility this guy has:

Quote:
Per Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (via Ken Laird):

Ken Laird @Ken_Laird

@RobRossi_Trib on KD: per lg source Carolina offer to #Pens for Staal is Justin Faulk, Brandon Sutter, 8th overall pick + taking Paul Martin
Its overpayment for sure, but the type of overpayment that it will take to land Staal.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:35 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
I've heard it being thrown around for a few weeks, in a few different types of media.

Found this, i think its the original rumour. Don't know how much credibility this guy has:

Its overpayment for sure, but the type of overpayment that it will take to land Staal.
Carolina isn't winning the Cup next year. If it's true Jordan wants to play with Eric Carolina should just hold on for a year and sign him next year without spending those extremely valuable assets.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:35 AM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
The flyers media was rabid with bryz all year.. hell, when he was selected as first star for march, they still tried to discredit him
Yeah but I think that has more to do with the expectations that Philly had for Bryz on his way in. Richards and Carter get shipped out, in comes this new, highly-touted goalie from the other side of the country who is supposed to be the missing piece to the championship puzzle... and then... well, you know the rest.

If Luongo comes in already being universally disliked I think the only person who would get banana creme pie on their face would be Homer. And, boy, he'd be getting a lot of banana creme pie in the face for acquiring Luongo.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:36 AM
Komarov77

Nobody biggest moves will be teams moving up or down with their picks.

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Last year's trade of Burns and a 2013 2nd to San Jose for Setoguchi, Coyle and their 2012 1st (Phillips)?

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Oh, trust me.. It is
It's not that I don't trust you, its just that you're probably wrong.

I know Philly prides itself on having a tough sports media, but it's not the same. In Philly the media can talk about the 76ers, Phillies, and Eagles when they're not talking about the Flyers. Plus there's the Union, which I understand the city has embraced to some extent.

In what order would you rank public interest from those teams? I know the Flyers aren't touching the Eagles at the least, and I'll bet the Flyers are 3rd or 4th in terms of press coverage in the city, getting the radio-talk/tv/print exposure to match.

In Vancouver we have the Canucks, the (CFL) Lions and the (MLS) Whitecaps. And in Vancouver the Canucks are king by a long-shot; during the hockey season you can't hear about anything BUT the Nucks on any sports radio station, and they make up a good quarter/third of the daily tv highlights on Sportsnet. It's not hockey season right now, and its still all anyone talks about.

So while the Philadelphia sports media in general may be rougher, I think the exposure and pressure Luongo would get as the Flyers goalie would be less than he deals with now in Van-city... by a whole lot.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:31 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
If that's true, I'll bet it has more to do with being "once bitten, twice shy" by the goaltending history in Philly, short or long term. And by once bitten, I mean people still miss Hextall, and that was like 14 years ago (16 since he was any good).

Edit: Plus this:

Quote:
Yeah but I think that has more to do with the expectations that Philly had for Bryz on his way in. Richards and Carter get shipped out, in comes this new, highly-touted goalie from the other side of the country who is supposed to be the missing piece to the championship puzzle... and then... well, you know the rest.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Gavy

Quote:
Nothing compared to Toronto. It's annoying as ****.

Also, there will be no big trades today.

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:37 AM
HiddenInLight

I'm gonna go for the surprise move here. Nash will NOT be moved, but the Sabres will take one of the packages offered for Nash, for Vanek.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote