HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks - Jets Blockbuster

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
Hawks - Jets Blockbuster

First off I will say I am not a fan of either team but thought it would cool to see this if this type od trade could go down in the sense that Jets could get the Hometown boy Toews, which would be awesome and perect Winnipeg.

acquire
- Alexander Burmistrov
- Ondrej Pavelec
- Tobias Enstrom
- 1st in 2012

in return get
- Jonathan Toews
- Nick Leddy

Why Hawks make this trade? Well, since they have converted Kane back to C position and are in a dire need of legit #1 Goal-tender, they go out and get exactly that from the Jets as the main piece coming back who I easily can be signed by the along with a very solid young and upcoming C in Burmistrov( who in my opinion is a lower version of Toews), a top-pairing D-man to shore up the 2nd pairing and build up a possible top d-core if Suter indeed signs here and they also receive a high top pick to strengthen the future.

Why Jets do this? Since it no secret that negotiations with Pavelec is not looking sharp, Jets get a player who they could easily count on to help solve out multiple of their problems and a true franchise #1 C that they are sorely lacking, toews would be a perfect player for the Jets, great two-way play, captain material, home-town-born, a force on every situation on and off the ice. There would not be a better fit for the Jets then Toews, IMO. they also get a potential top-pairing and great complement tp Bogosian in Leddy.

Discuss.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
I like toews... But i dont know if i would be comfortable doing that

Old
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Komarov77

Even if the value would be there Hawks wont trade Toews.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:26 AM
crewbert

Toews is untouchable. End of story.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:28 AM
416Leafer

Toews is 100% not available. He's as unavailable as Crosby would be. He's one of the top players in the world. His offence is underrated, he's clutch, he's great defensively, and he's one of the better Captain's in the league. He's their franchise player.

It would have to be an absolute unbelievable overpayment to get Toews out of Chicago, and this proposal is not an overpayment.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
When I saw the title I was almost certain it would be a Kane-Kane swap.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbert View Post
Toews is untouchable. End of story.
No one is untouchable if the right price is presented. The offer in my opening post is just good of an offer and slightly in Hawks favour value-wise, IMO but I had to do that cuz we all know it would take a great overpayment to get him out of Chicago.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Toews is 100% not available. He's as unavailable as Crosby would be. He's one of the top players in the world. His offence is underrated, he's clutch, he's great defensively, and he's one of the better Captain's in the league. He's their franchise player.

It would have to be an absolute unbelievable overpayment to get Toews out of Chicago, and this proposal is not an overpayment.
Same was said about Mike Richards before Flyers dealt him albeit to slightly lower extent. Not saying this will happen but I don;t see how this is not an overpayment when Jets arguably give up their best player, 2nd best d-man, potential #1 C(if all goes right), and very high 1st round pick. That package is worthy of garnering even the best players outside of Stamkos and Malkin in the league,

Old
06-22-2012, 07:34 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Same was said about Mike Richards before Flyers dealt him albeit to slightly lower extent. Not saying this will happen but I don;t see how this is not an overpayment when Jets arguably give up their best player, 2nd best d-man, potential #1 C(if all goes right), and very high 1st round pick.
M. Richards?

Philly had Giroux/Briere already. And M. Richards << Toews.

It's a pretty big difference.

If Chicago is looking to move a top player to get depth elsewhere, Kane is gonna be the most likely candidate.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov77 View Post
Even if the value would be there Hawks wont trade Toews.
that is well sais sir

Old
06-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
M. Richards?

Philly had Giroux/Briere already. And M. Richards << Toews.

It's a pretty big difference.

If Chicago is looking to move a top player to get depth elsewhere, Kane is gonna be the most likely candidate.
No, Toews was definitely not that much better than Richards prior to this season and the jury is still out he still would not be a huge upgrade over Richards. Not a big difference like u are suggesting.

Anyways, I am not saying Hawks are going to do this but this trade would be pretty fair deal and some shuffling could do wonders for both franchise even if it means losing the best player in the deal.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
jamiebez

I would dance with glee if the Jets ever got Toews but it ain't happening. Ever.

Right now, if I had to bet, he would retire a Blackhawk in 20 years and have his number raised. He has everything you want in a player and a captain.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
If we're trading Toews for a #1 goalie it sure as hell ain't Pavelec

Old
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Don't see Toews leaving Chicago unless a massive overpayment is coming Chicago's way.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
needle

Here's my counter offer:
Toews and Leddy for E. Kane, Ladd, Burmistrov, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Pavelec, 1st in 2012 and 2013

Old
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
No one is untouchable if the right price is presented. The offer in my opening post is just good of an offer and slightly in Hawks favour value-wise, IMO but I had to do that cuz we all know it would take a great overpayment to get him out of Chicago.
Well, if you look at this from Chicago's point of view you could keep your Captain and trade away Kane for a very very good package. Thus, as long as Kane is in the organization, Toews is not being moved. For the record, I wouldn't trade P. Kane either.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
I honestly think there is a good chance we grab Toews at the end of his contract. He will be only 26 or 27 when it's up. I think by then we could have a really good team an it would be much easier to convince him to leave chicago

Old
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
I honestly think there is a good chance we grab Toews at the end of his contract. He will be only 26 or 27 when it's up. I think by then we could have a really good team an it would be much easier to convince him to leave chicago
Well, that's if he gets to UFA I guess. You would think Chicago is going to pretty much give him what ever he wants before he gets to UFA and he'll stay there as long as the team is competitive.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
First off I will say I am not a fan of either team but thought it would cool to see this if this type od trade could go down in the sense that Jets could get the Hometown boy Toews, which would be awesome and perect Winnipeg.

acquire
- Alexander Burmistrov
- Ondrej Pavelec
- Tobias Enstrom
- 1st in 2012

in return get
- Jonathan Toews
- Nick Leddy
When rumors of E. Kane's discontent first started circulated, I proposed a Kane, Burmistrov, Pavelec for Toews deal.

Value-wise, its an overpayment by Winnipeg, but one they might be willing to make if Chicago sent Crawford back.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:37 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Why would a team trade their Captain and franchise player for Kane, who doesn't seem to exactly be an angel, when the already have P. Kane who already has question marks hanging over is head about character and what not. Anybody who thinks that Toews would be available period is smoking some good stuff. It's not like Chicago is in a rebuild and Toews is the only trade chip they have. They're still a competitive team and have many other solid players that would fetch decent returns, whom they would ship out the door way before JT.

As a blues fan, I hope Chicago is stupid enough to trade him... I love when people say "anybody can be traded". Well, yes that's true. But you better throw out a Lindross package if you want to get teams to trade away their franchise.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Lux Aurumque*

The Jets are giving up way too much. Take out Enstrom and it's fairly even. Hawks wouldn't do it though. Toews will be a Hawk for life.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:46 AM
TweetyLeaf

Toews is 110% untouchable at the moment.

No one knows if thats true in 2 or 5 years tho.
I believe in 5 years Toews is 111% untouchable.

Anyway: even if you would trade whole roster and Fans and move the city next to Chicago it would be NO at the moment.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

I think if the Jets replace Burmistrov with Kane the Hawks would strongly consider it.

Of course it assumes that Pavelec and Kane are signed to some sort of mid- to long-term contract at a reasonable price. If we're talking about just the rights to Pavs and Kane then it's a non-starter.

Hawks have the leadership structure to deal with losing Toews, and adding Kane, a skilled power forward centre along with a potential franchise goalie in Pavelec would be too good to not at least strongly consider.

I personally like it for the Hawks. I think that they're a better team for it and the only issue is selling it to the fans, but that shouldn't be a consideration in terms of making a deal or not, at least not for a team like Chicago.

From Winnipeg's persepctive, they're overpaying for a superstar but I think the Jets fans are so starved for a big trade they wouldn't care if they were on the losing end of one. Chevaldayoff doesn't get too many mulligans, so he'd benefit from this one.

Not sure if the Jets could become competitive if they made this deal, but it's possible.

If I'm Chevy and I've done this deal, I trade my 1st and 2nd to a team like Tampa and grab one of Subban or Vasilievsky with the later pick. Shoring up the goaltending slot becomes a top priority.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:32 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I wouldn't trade Toews for anything, not even Crosby.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Tomahawk Patch

the hawks won't strongly consider any trade with Toews in it have you seen are center depth ????

Closed Thread