HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft - 7pm EST (TSN) (RDS)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
2012 NHL Entry Draft - 7pm EST (TSN) (RDS)

The day is here!

06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Old
06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I honestly had a dream that the Habs took Murray, and I spent the next hour finding things in my house that I could destroy in rage.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i can't ****ing wait!

im gonna go out, get le drunk, stay up until the AM when it starts, and drunkenly post in this place.

you've been warned

Old
06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I honestly had a dream that the Habs took Murray, and I spent the next hour finding things in my house that I could destroy in rage.
Also, I wish I could see your response if we did take murray

Im going out for dinner to night with a girl, I need to find some way to stay updated on the picks.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Beendair Donedat

Galchenyuk for day one! Thrower, Sutter, and others on day two!

Old
Bob in Niagara

Honestly, if the Habs have Murray as their best option at #3, they will take him. If not, they will have MANY other options available to them.

Old
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
How i see today playing out arranged in order of likeliness

Scenario 1 (the most likely still). EDM takes yakupov CBJ takes Murray and are delighted Montreal takes Galchenyuk, everyone walks away happy, Based on aaron portzline, and the comments about Murray.

Scenario 2. EDM takes murray Cbj takes yakupov Montreal takes galchenyuk, This also opens the door for a Nash trade to take place

Scenario 3. EDM takes Murray, CBJ skips over Yakupov and instead grabs galchenyuk, Montreal takes Yakupov and are happy as a pig in **** as he slots in perfectly with plekanec and gionta next year.

Scenario 4. EDM takes Yak CBJ takes galy, (id be furious about this but then you'll likely see some movement from Montreal down to five or 6 to grab Teravainen.)

Needless to say today has been nothing but mayhem
Good summary.

2 things: First of all, Nash will be traded no matter how the draft goes down. And the Jackets are not compelled to replace him with a draft player...they will be taking back plenty of interesting assets in whatever deal for Nash deal they settle on.

I agree that Scenario 4 is the most complex and disappointing from the Habs' point of view. But management has contemplated this possibility and has certainly settled on a player to choose out of the 3rd spot if Yakupov and Gally are gone. Forsberg? TT? Murray? Maybe even Dumba , Reinhart or Rielly?

That they explore the option of trading down does not mean they will find a deal they like better that the player they have in mind.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Also, I wish I could see your response if we did take murray

Im going out for dinner to night with a girl, I need to find some way to stay updated on the picks.
Cook her dinner at home. If you cook for her you'll be able to watch the draft and she will be so impressed you might even get lucky after the draft

Old
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Not suggesting we take him but has anyone watched the video about Radek Faksa?

Holy ****! What he went through to get here is impressive.
It's an amazing piece. Beautifully produced. You can't help pulling for the guy after watching it.

Here's the LINK.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:18 AM
ClasslessGuy

Subban-Gorges-Tinordi-Beaulieu-Murray-Emelin

I wouldn't be mad but if we get Murray (wich I don't think it's the worst thing we could do like some people on this board think) we have to get offense from a trade

Old
06-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Bieber fever

I want *****ing YAkupov ! He's cleary underrated , he will be on stamkos level

Old
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i can't ****ing wait!

im gonna go out, get le drunk, stay up until the AM when it starts, and drunkenly post in this place.

you've been warned
I'm gettin my popcorn out....this ought to be good!

Old
theboss*

what are the chances ulf jr will be available when we pick 33rd overall?

Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We already have a very good stable of young defensemen, plus their is a lot of depth on defense so we can always get d-men in the 2nd round like Matheson Thrower Schmaltz etc
This is true, but it all depends on how high Timmins and company is on Murray, the top ranked d-man in the draft.

If they view him as our future #1 D-man beside Subban, who will log 25-30min a game who will rarely make mistakes, run the PP, etc... it may be hard to pass on him if he's available at #3. Defense is sooo important and Markov's career is pretty much done.

We need offense yes, but defense is more important ultimately. Pens and Flyers lost, largely because they lacked strong defensive depth. Not even Malkin and Crosby could have saved the horrible D the Pens had in their 1st round series.

We could draft a stud D at #3 and then draft forwards with our 2nd round picks and still get quality offensive threats.

It just all depends on how high they are on Murray vs Galchenyuk vs Forsberg, etc.

I think for me... drafting Murray at #3 and trading our 2nd round picks for a mid 1st rounder to get a forward we had in the top 10 of this draft, would be amazing.

Old
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

This is easily the most psyched I've ever been on an NHL draft day

Not just cuz we're about to acquire a helluva prospect, but also cuz I expect a lot of action around the league in general...should be fun.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Top Corner2

Wooohooo!!!!

This is the day when the REAL list happens. Looking forward to plenty of surprises!!

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

I wouldn't be mad but if we get Murray (wich I don't think it's the worst thing we could do like some people on this board think) we have to get offense from a trade
If I was a fan of most other teams, I would agree with this. But, as we have seen, it takes a certain type of individual to succeed in this market. The fickle fans, the language issue, the constant up and downs, the trade rumors, the bad press from game to game and the invasion of privacy by the media. Trading for someone out of the organization (when you dont really know what youre getting) is a huge risk that I am really scared to take.

Old
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post

screw murray draft gally this year and then Seth Jones next year

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Jones
Gorges-Ellis

Price

Old
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

WTK you really need to calm down....

Old
JustAHabFan

If we draft Murray and Grigorenko drop, we have to get another pick to draft him. Something has to be done to get us a good forward.

Old
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Using past draft history as a guide, right now, I'm pretty sure the Habs know who's going 1-2 and who they like best at 3. Any Ideas?

Old
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
what are the chances ulf jr will be available when we pick 33rd overall?
I REALLY REALLY hope he is, than we can play him in an exhibition game against the booins while he wears #8 and the big screen flashes pictures of Daddy Sammy hitting Neely everytime he hits the ice.

awesome troll move on such a "classy" team

Old
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
This is true, but it all depends on how high Timmins and company is on Murray, the top ranked d-man in the draft.

If they view him as our future #1 D-man beside Subban, who will log 25-30min a game who will rarely make mistakes, run the PP, etc... it may be hard to pass on him if he's available at #3. Defense is sooo important and Markov's career is pretty much done.

We need offense yes, but defense is more important ultimately. Pens and Flyers lost, largely because they lacked strong defensive depth. Not even Malkin and Crosby could have saved the horrible D the Pens had in their 1st round series.

We could draft a stud D at #3 and then draft forwards with our 2nd round picks and still get quality offensive threats.

It just all depends on how high they are on Murray vs Galchenyuk vs Forsberg, etc.
Murray isnt running anybodies top PP Unit. If he is, they are likely a bottom of the league PP.

And, once supper is finished. Its Jager Bombs all night for me. I need something to calm my nerves and soften the blow if we do something stupid, as we usually do. Havent been happy in the 1st round by the Habs other than last year with Beaulieu falling to us and in 2007 when the Habs nabbed both my guys, McDonagh and Pacioretty.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:24 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If we draft Murray and Grigorenko drop, we have to get another pick to draft him. Something has to be done to get us a good forward.
Yeah exactly...

That's my hope for this draft.

Get Murray #3, and trade our 2nd rounders+whatever to get a mid-low 1st round pick so we can get a strong offensive guy, maybe not Grigs but someone we had in our top 10 anyway.

Closed Thread