vCash: 500
Would fit well with Montreal

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
I'll bet we can't have all the good players playing for the Bruins.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Bergeron-Krejci-Kelly-Campbell down the middle, with Peverley being able to play 2nd/3rd on C perfectly, and with Seguin in waiting to become the #1. Two first line centers already in Bergy and Krejci, another one soon in Seguin.
We don't need him.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

I stoll staal

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:33 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
The only team in the running is Carolina. Wants to play with his brother.

If Pens trade him anywhere else without an extension, best he gives them is a 1 year deal and then go to UFA
Not sure if your allowed to answer this Dom but here it goes......has this been a wish of his for some time now?? Has he pretty much resigned to the fact that he was not going to, no matter the deal, re-up in Pittsburgh???

And if I`m the Canes knowing this, would I even make a pitch for him this year or just wait til next summer where it`s all about $$/term??? I`d be tempted to wait but...

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:36 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
only if Krejci is traded for a winger like Ryan or Kane then Staal would look good replacing Krejci on the 1st line
With Staal/Bergy and Kelly up the middle, and this teams strong defensive system, I could see Tuukka`s or Khubodin`s GAA be 0.01

Old
06-22-2012, 06:39 AM
compan

I'd like him but we don't need him for his position and what he would likely cost.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
I'd like him but we don't need him for his position and what he would likely cost.
I`ll trust what Dom said as he has his finger on the pulse just a tad more than I , he has one destination in mind, and that`s where he`s heading, if not this year, then most certainly next, no need to shuffle a lineup, trade picks/prospects/roster players for a guy who`ll be bolting at the end of the year

Old
06-22-2012, 06:52 AM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`ll trust what Dom said as he has his finger on the pulse just a tad more than I , he has one destination in mind, and that`s where he`s heading, if not this year, then most certainly next, no need to shuffle a lineup, trade picks/prospects/roster players for a guy who`ll be bolting at the end of the year
Yeah he's definitely going to that one destination. I wonder if when Marc's contract is up, he joins his two brothers...

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by compan View Post
Yeah he's definitely going to that one destination. I wonder if when Marc's contract is up, he joins his two brothers...
Never thought of that, IF Torts is still behind the bench, and that`s a big if as a coach with his act has a short shelf life, I`ll wager he`d look at the possibility.

I`m actually a bit surprised at this move at this time by Staal although I suppose his reasoning is that both he and his brother have lots of good years left in them and it wouldn`t be two brothers playing out their careers alongside one another past their prime or....he loves pre game tailgating

Old
06-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Not sure if your allowed to answer this Dom but here it goes......has this been a wish of his for some time now?? Has he pretty much resigned to the fact that he was not going to, no matter the deal, re-up in Pittsburgh???

And if I`m the Canes knowing this, would I even make a pitch for him this year or just wait til next summer where it`s all about $$/term??? I`d be tempted to wait but...
Canes want him and have made an offer. Rutherford has so much said so but denied rumors of the number 8 pick, Faulk and Skinner (which is drastic over payment).

I believe the number 8 pick and Ryan Murphy (who would benefit from playing in Pitts) are on the table.

Turning down 10 yrs, $60 Million is basically saying " I am not re-signing, so trade me, oh and Carolina is the only place I'll sign for more than 1 year."

I'm not so sure Canes want to wait another year. They need to make the playoffs and for the immediate future, Staal> number 8 and Murphy.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Canes want him and have made an offer. Rutherford has so much said so but denied rumors of the number 8 pick, Faulk and Skinner (which is drastic over payment).

I believe the number 8 pick and Ryan Murphy (who would benefit from playing in Pitts) are on the table.

Turning down 10 yrs, $60 Million is basically saying " I am not re-signing, so trade me, oh and Carolina is the only place I'll sign for more than 1 year."

I'm not so sure Canes want to wait another year. They need to make the playoffs and for the immediate future, Staal> number 8 and Murphy.
Thx Dom, wow, Pitt fans have to be livid, optically, this is ugly with a capital U, many here talking about TT 'screwing' the Bruins but....

Old
06-22-2012, 07:14 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Never thought of that, IF Torts is still behind the bench, and that`s a big if as a coach with his act has a short shelf life, I`ll wager he`d look at the possibility.

I`m actually a bit surprised at this move at this time by Staal although I suppose his reasoning is that both he and his brother have lots of good years left in them and it wouldn`t be two brothers playing out their careers alongside one another past their prime or....he loves pre game tailgating
Who do you reckon gets to play center?

Unlike the Sedin sisters they aren't attached at the butt so Im sure in the long run they would be willing to play either on different lines or the same if it made the team better.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:

Pretty much. Holly cow that's a lot of money for Jordan to turn down, I like him but never really found anything impressive of his game. Didn't step up in the playoffs last year when both Malkin and Crosby were out against Tampa

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
BubbaBoot

We already have a Staal in the system....

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:24 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

They better not get Ryan Murphy...I think I would cry the day I saw him in the flightless bird uni.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Thx Dom, wow, Pitt fans have to be livid, optically, this is ugly with a capital U, many here talking about TT 'screwing' the Bruins but....
I'm in a self imposed TTFZ (Tim Thomas Free Zone) so won't discuss his situation until all the news is out.

That said, it's an even tougher situation for Pittsburgh today. Do they gamble and wait and lose out on the number 8 pick? Or do they gamble and let him play out the year, hope for a cup and a change of heart?

We all know to well that when a team only deals with one other team (forced or not) - see Thornton, Joe - that the return is never as good as it would be with multiple teams bidding.

It would seem that Staal holds all the cards. But the Pens control him for another year and who knows what the UFA status will be like under the new CBA?

Old
06-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only team in the running is Carolina. Wants to play with his brother.

If Pens trade him anywhere else without an extension, best he gives them is a 1 year deal and then go to UFA
Is that a smart decision?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I'm in a self imposed TTFZ (Tim Thomas Free Zone) so won't discuss his situation until all the news is out.

That said, it's an even tougher situation for Pittsburgh today. Do they gamble and wait and lose out on the number 8 pick? Or do they gamble and let him play out the year, hope for a cup and a change of heart?

We all know to well that when a team only deals with one other team (forced or not) - see Thornton, Joe - that the return is never as good as it would be with multiple teams bidding.

It would seem that Staal holds all the cards. But the Pens control him for another year and who knows what the UFA status will be like under the new CBA?
I too have put myself (pretty much) in a TTFZ, for the time being, not sure what his contract states but are the Pens able to move him anywhere at this point if only for this season???

Should be an interesting day, I`m often more entertained by the deals/trades then the actual draft itself, I know you have a busy day so I appreciate the contributions here as always

Old
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
I too have put myself (pretty much) in a TTFZ, for the time being, not sure what his contract states but are the Pens able to move him anywhere at this point if only for this season???

Should be an interesting day, I`m often more entertained by the deals/trades then the actual draft itself, I know you have a busy day so I appreciate the contributions here as always
Does not have a NTC or NMC. Can move him anywhere they wish.

Now question for you. You are GM of any other team (other than Pens, Canes). How much are you willing to give up knowing he turned down 10 yrs, $60 Million because a year from now, he's going to bolt for Carolina to play with his brother.

I think the best offer the Pens will get comes from the Canes simply because not many (if any) will want to get involved.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Does not have a NTC or NMC. Can move him anywhere they wish.

Now question for you. You are GM of any other team (other than Pens, Canes). How much are you willing to give up knowing he turned down 10 yrs, $60 Million because a year from now, he's going to bolt for Carolina to play with his brother.

I think the best offer the Pens will get comes from the Canes simply because not many (if any) will want to get involved.
I would have to agree with you Dom (shocking I know), if I`m a GM, I can`t go near this as much as I do appreciate and really like Staal`s game. The fact that he will walk at season`s end, and the price in prospects/picks/players I would have to give up to obtain him for that one year, IMO, is just too high, and irresponsible.

I wouldn`t be one bit shocked if whatever deal he signs with the Canes is

A- Less dollars/Cap hit

B- Shorter term ,not even sure how long the Canes will sign him for until a CBA is agreed upon if it happens this summer??

His brother`s cap hit is 8+ I believe???? Can the Canes afford another high Cap hit like that??? I`m asking not stating, I`m not sure, as I stated, I like Staal, his absence from the Pens, irregardless of the return, could be a huge blow for the Pens.

Whomever they get in return, that 3rd line centerman role won`t be easily filled if at all

Old
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

GET HIM GET HIM GET HIM.

I don't care about redundancy. It's about talent. If there's any way to bring in a man the caliber of Jordan Staal, you DO IT. I happily move Krejci if Staal might be coming in. Staal is as talented as Krejci and just as much of a champion. Get a guy like that some first line linemates and watch the magic. And if he bolts after one year (which I don't know if he would) we had him for a run this year so it was still the right move to improve the team and creates an opening at center to segue in Seguin so even the downside looks pretty freaking decent. Low risk move.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
I would have to agree with you Dom (shocking I know), if I`m a GM, I can`t go near this as much as I do appreciate and really like Staal`s game. The fact that he will walk at season`s end, and the price in prospects/picks/players I would have to give up to obtain him for that one year, IMO, is just too high, and irresponsible.

I wouldn`t be one bit shocked if whatever deal he signs with the Canes is

A- Less dollars/Cap hit

B- Shorter term ,not even sure how long the Canes will sign him for until a CBA is agreed upon if it happens this summer??

His brother`s cap hit is 8+ I believe???? Can the Canes afford another high Cap hit like that??? I`m asking not stating, I`m not sure, as I stated, I like Staal, his absence from the Pens, irregardless of the return, could be a huge blow for the Pens.

Whomever they get in return, that 3rd line centerman role won`t be easily filled if at all
Which is why tonight they will draft Stefan Matteau

Old
06-22-2012, 08:45 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Which is why tonight they will draft Stefan Matteau
Gawd I hope they draft Matteau with the 22nd pick

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Which is why Krejci for Staal makes perfect sense for both parties. They get a championship veteran center signed to a stable contrat we get a modest upgrade for one year and the opening we need to shift Segs over after this year -- assuming we can't come to some understanding with Staal ourselves.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote