HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft - 7pm EST (TSN) (RDS)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 08:41 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Edmonton takes Murray. Toronto would be trading up for Yakupov, not Gally. Even if they do, that means Yak falls to us.

Edmonton taking Murray creates some funky scenarios, but it really is the BEST thing that can happen.

Old
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
It's an amazing piece. Beautifully produced. You can't help pulling for the guy after watching it.

Here's the LINK.
Can you summarize plz? Im at work cant watch the video

Old
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
I don't mind us taking T.T., but it makes me SICK to see Toronto drafting Galchenyuk!
you don't mind us taking T.T ahead fo yakupov ??

Old
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

To me it doesn't even seem like Montreal thinks they even have a chance at Yakupov. Did they even bring him in to Montreal? I don't believe so.

didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Thought this might be of interest to some of you:

https://t.co/l6JKS5wC

I'm not a betting man, but I find it really strange that Mise-o-jeu would pay out 2.5x your bet on Grigorenko slipping out of the top 9... Well, technically, out of the teams mentioned could trade down and select him Grigo and the bet would be graded as a loss, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Also, 20x on Timmins picking TT? Galchenyuk at 1.5x ... that's lower than even money. They seem convinced!

Old
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
By the looks of his arms in the video, he is probably closer to the 5'11, 185 mark. He has actually worked out unlike Grigorenko.

Remember guys, it isnt about who gets to the NHL first, its the best player in the long run. All I know is, I will not forgive the team if they dont walk away with Gally, Yakupov or TT.

I have understood the need for a forwward but would taking Murray be so bad at #3?

it would solidify the defense for the next 10+ seasons and they can get forwards later in the draft.

Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
If Edmonton takes Murray. Toronto would be trading up for Yakupov, not Gally. Even if they do, that means Yak falls to us.

Edmonton taking Murray creates some funky scenarios, but it really is the BEST thing that can happen.
Good point..

EDM will probably take Yakupov though.

Then draft Seth Jones with their 1st overall pick next year.. lool

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Habs need to offer Darche for second overall pick.

Old
SnapVirus

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/17.../143253/public

Timmins will select T.T. ?

''Google translator''

By the merest accident May 31 in Toronto (at the "combines") I met Marc Bergevin, who was returning to the hotel in a hurry to a meeting with a young prospect. He said "I do not want to miss this one! We'll speak later "It was 2:20 p.m.! Half an hour later Bergevin left Toronto to return to Montreal. The player that CH had an interview with was "TT". Bergevin seemed pleased with the discussion with the young Finn, who turns 18 on September 11 . "He told me this is a good player and it was a good meeting".

Yesterday during the press conference of the Canadian, I spoke to Timmins, one on one, and when I referred to "TT" as the potential first choice , his smile was not lying ... I repeat, I could be wrong , but I have a feeling that tonight TT will pick TT ....

Old
06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
I never said that.. I would get Yakupov ahead of T.T

Old
06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
To me it doesn't even seem like Montreal thinks they even have a chance at Yakupov. Did they even bring him in to Montreal? I don't believe so.
i think there is a lot of mind games being played.....

Old
theboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/17.../143253/public

Timmins will select T.T. ?

''Google translator''

By the merest accident May 31 in Toronto (at the "combines") I met Marc Bergevin, who was returning to the hotel to attend disaster meeting with a young prospect. He said "I do not want to miss this one! I'll sometimes hear about it "It was 2:20 p.m.! Half an hour later Bergevin left Toronto to return to Montreal. The player that CH had to interview this person who was in the entourage of the team, now nicknamed "TT" Bergevin and seemed pleased with the discussion with the young Finn, who turns 18 on September 11 . "He told me this is a player and it was a good meeting".

Yesterday during the press conference of the Canadian, I spoke to Timmins, one on one, and when I referred to "TT" as the potential first choice smile was not lying ... I repeat, I could be wrong , but I have a feeling that tonight will recover TT TT ....
Please god no

Old
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Haha, I prefer not to destroy another person house. Honestly, I wouldve probably made the trip up if I hadnt already made draft plans tonight.
that's cool....my wife is there for the clean-up

Old
06-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
And the TT rumor is a good counter. We want the Finn, we dont want Gally. Toronto says, cool, cause that means Gally will fall to us anyway and calls Columbus' bluff.
It's not even a ''rumor''. In the article Leroux writes that he talked with Timmins, Bergevin and their entourage about it at various points the last few weeks. They left little doubt that they love the kid, Timmins was smiling big time when Leroux asked him about Teravainen yesterday and apparently in the Habs entourage they are already calling him ''TT''. Timmins compared him to Patrick Kane in his talk with Leroux. The article reeks of a total ''time to prepare the fans for it'' type sales job.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulette Cannon View Post
Lol, how can it be poor value if he becomes one of the best players out of the draft? WAY too early to judge IMO.
Because NO ONE aside from Grant has him as a top 3 pick. That's why. This is the Habs thinking they are smarter than everyone else.

I have zero doubt he could be had at 5 or 6. Hell, even Grant (who is basically TT's #1 fan in the media) thinks so. And even if he somehow got picked, then that just means someone else who is good falls.

Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Can you summarize plz? Im at work cant watch the video
He lived in an impoverished region in the Czech Republic and to pursue his dream he left home at the age of 11 to play for a better team he had to live in a 9x9 dormroom in a hotel in this town. There father left them and wanted nothing to do with him. He spent 6 years in this industrial town before going to kitchener and basically had to raise himself. His mother had to stay where they were and take care of their two other children

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It's not even a ''rumor''. In the article Leroux writes that he talked with Timmins, Bergevin and their entourage about it at various points the last few weeks. They left little doubt that they love the kid, Timmins was smiling big time when Leroux asked him about Teravainen yesterday and apparently in the Habs entourage they are already calling him ''TT''. Timmins compared him to Patrick Kane in his talk with Leroux. The article reeks of a total ''time to prepare the fans for it'' type sales job.
I don't buy it .Again there is a lot of poker faces, and test bluffing going on right now.

Trevor went over and STAYED with the Filip Forsberg family, how do you interpret that?

Old
06-22-2012, 08:48 AM
ClasslessGuy

I really hope they will select Yakupov if he's available ....

Old
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Yes, they did bring him to Montreal but they probably don't think they have a shot.

Old
BobbyFischer*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eBIHrv-8yE

Old
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Because NO ONE aside from Grant has him as a top 3 pick. That's why. This is the Habs thinking they are smarter than everyone else.

I have zero doubt he could be had at 5 or 6. And even if he somehow got picked, then that just means someone else who is good falls.
To be fair, we have shown above average drafting for the past 10 years, I think come draft day if galy is there at 3 he's ours if not its TT

Old
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Sweeney

Only hoping for Yakupov or Galchenyuk... the habs really need a star forward... TT seems great... but i dont know... don't feel the hype yet.. Forsberg could be ok... Murray would be a great add but not the exciting one

Old
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
I have understood the need for a forwward but would taking Murray be so bad at #3?

it would solidify the defense for the next 10+ seasons and they can get forwards later in the draft.
How much more solid does it need to be? Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Subban.. Already in the NHL.

St. Denis, Nash as two players who already played NHL minutes and did extremely well. Good enough as role playing D.

Tinordi, Pateryn, Ellis and Beaulieu in the AHL this year.

Bennett, Didier, Dietz and Sullivan in the system, all with good potential. Especially Dietz and Bennett.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Edmonton - Murray (words is more and more about him)
Columbus - Forsberg (I dont think Columbus wants a Russian)
Montreal - T.T. (Trevor Timmins said theres a couple of weeks ''we dont all have the same number one'')
Islanders - Yakupov (With Tavares, watch the magic)
Toronto - Galchenyuk (has the one they want)
Anaheim - Dumba (Big D to play with Fowler)
Minnesota - Reinhart (Goes with the next best D)
Carolina - Faksa (3rd time in a row that they select from Kitchener)
Winnipeg - Grigorenko (They dont want to miss on a 'possible' impact forward)

I said it first!
If Edmonton passes on Yakupov, The Jackets will most likely trade the pick if they are gonna pass on him. Definitely see the Islanders trading up to draft him and have him on a line with Tavares as of next year.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Habs will take a goalie , Marc basically said so .
He wants a guy coming up to challenge Price.

Closed Thread