How about Jordan Staal

Old
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Does not have a NTC or NMC. Can move him anywhere they wish.

Now question for you. You are GM of any other team (other than Pens, Canes). How much are you willing to give up knowing he turned down 10 yrs, $60 Million because a year from now, he's going to bolt for Carolina to play with his brother.

I think the best offer the Pens will get comes from the Canes simply because not many (if any) will want to get involved.
if I am the Canes I'd try and work something today around that 8th pick and obviously other considerations (one of those young defenseman)

entertainment is the foundation of sports and the marketing of the Staal brothers would be a great selling point as well as a dynamic on ice presence

I have not put much thought behind a package but thinking out loud- Pittsburgh could draft maybe Faksa at 8 and secure a ready defenseman from the Canes right now.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I wonder if the Rangers would run interference on a Staal trade to the Canes just to protect their investment in Marc.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Bruins picking up Jared Staal this season. Probably pure tinfoil madness.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Gawd I hope they draft Matteau with the 22nd pick
I sent your daughter the mock she asked for. I have Matteau going to the Pens.

Think you will enjoy it. Wake her up

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Which is why tonight they will draft Stefan Matteau
I plead ignorance on the draft, as I do with most years, unless it`s someone from the QMJHL, and the odd CHL game I catch on Sportsnet, I just don`t get to see a ton of kids and....................my player evaluation skills aren`t, shall we say, stellar.

I`m guessing he`s of the same ilk (or at least the Pens hope) as Staal??

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:17 AM
00BW

A) Don't get the Staals mixed up. Jordan does not have more offensive potential than Bergeron; Eric does.

Bergeron has played 100 more games and has a 23 goal, 130 assist lead over Jordan. Jordan Staal got more ice time than Bergeron and got to play against the weakest players since he was playing behind Malkin and Crosby and still didn't excel as much as his brother or even Bergeron.

B) High cost to trade for him and then pay him. Bruins have more than enough centers in the NHL and AHL and he is, at best, only a lateral move from Krejci.

I'd pass.

00BW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I think you're underestimating Jordan Staal. 50 points in 62 games with Malkin and Crosby getting the pick of the linemates suggests to me that he can hang with the two guys we have.

Old
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I think you're underestimating Jordan Staal. 50 points in 62 games with Malkin and Crosby getting the pick of the linemates suggests to me that he can hang with the two guys we have.
Staal also seemed to play very well against us, ususally one of the top 1 or 2 on the ice whenever we played them. Only one better in one game was Letang's Academy Award winning diving game.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 09:41 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Staal also seemed to play very well against us, ususally one of the top 1 or 2 on the ice whenever we played them. Only one better in one game was Letang's Academy Award winning diving game.
He is usually one of the top players against every team, guy is an exceptionally solid NHL`er, playing in the huge shadows of you know whom

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I would, as I said, happily trade Krejci for Staal. I think that represents an outright upgrade for us. It's not like Staal didn't play a huge role in the Penguins' cup. He's a perfect fit for Boston in many respects. Reform the first line wings with Staal as our second line and give the team to Bergeron until Seguin's ready.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:07 AM
bosbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaybCamn View Post
he just turned down a deal with pittsburgh, do you think he could fit in here. I dont know much about him really

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=635513
IMO, I'd give up almost anything for Jordan Stall.

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote