HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Suter's Preferred Destinations in the West

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 11:41 PM
MNState0fHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post
Actually,

Our current defense > Your current defense

There is absolutely no way that our defense stays the same.
Not by much.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Actually,

And there's no reason to think ours won't change either.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
NuxFan09

Questions for Predators fans:

How do you guys feel about the Predators' chances of ultimately re-signing Suter and keeping him in the fold? How do you feel about Suter signing elsewhere? Obviously it would be a big blow, but with your team's superior drafting and development, do you feel confident that another gem will just present itself out of your team's system and replace Suter?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:13 AM
HawksTillDeath

I wonder what the final price is going to be

7.5 for 5 years? 7 years?

I feel its going to be something outlandish

I think the hawks have an outside chance

Old
06-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
I wonder what the final price is going to be

7.5 for 5 years? 7 years?

I feel its going to be something outlandish

I think the hawks have an outside chance
I would be under the assumption something around 7yrs $7-7.5

Old
06-22-2012, 01:58 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Some updated percentage thoughts

I wanted to change my chances for each team to sign Suter, just from reading around and mulling over them a little:

Nashville: 45%
Minnesota: 30%
Colorado: 25%

I just don't see St. Louis dropping that hefty of a contract on Suter. Maybe it's because I think (gut feeling) that STL wants Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk on that top pairing, and they don't want to pay $7m a year for a guy that might end up on the 2nd pairing.

As an Avalanche fan, I'm really hoping we atleast make an offer to Suter at about the same $/yr as the other potentials. I think we fit the mold of what Suter is looking for in a team and location, even if we aren't at the forefront of saying "Look at us, we want Suter"

Here are my reasons why Suter should atleast take a look at the Avalanche:

-We're in the Midwest, and despite what some people might think, there is plenty of farming here. West past the Rocky Mountains is a TON of farmland (no, the mountains don't take up the entirety of the state). They grow corn, peaches, and a lot of other things out here

-We're not a HUGE market. Colorado has hockey fans, they used to come in droves when the Avs were more competitive, but we're no Toronto, Boston, NYR. The media here isn't going to roast Suter every chance they get. Maybe that's something he's interested in? I mean, there's probably a little more exposure to the NHL in Denver than in Nashville, but probably not by much.

-We're a family kinda place. The weather here is awesome, if a bit unpredictable, the schools are great, crime is low, people are healthy and don't smoke, and its a pretty accepting place regardless of political alignment. Lots to do outside, I won't even begin that list.

-We're an up-and-comer team with lots of raw skill, future franchise players at every position, an owner who has said he is willing to spend (and has spent to the cap in the past), and maybe most importantly, we've won 2 cups, and the captain who won them? Well, he's still with us, and in a position of authority. I know the last few seasons for the Avalanche have been dismal, but this is a club with a winning culture. We have leaders in place who have gone all the way and know what it takes

But who knows? Suter might just say "gotcha, suckers!" and sign with Traktor Chelyabinsk or something

Old
06-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Jimmy McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
And they have 24 million in cap space after losing 2 of their top 4. If you honestly believe that will be the defense going into next season: at your wishful thinking.
...and the Wild have 20 million in cap space, you know.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:01 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
I wanted to change my chances for each team to sign Suter, just from reading around and mulling over them a little:

Any list about Suter that doesnt include Detroit is disingenuous at best.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Hows about the odds of him signing in EDM?

Chance to join a young core on the rise, chance to win a cup, be part of a Dynasty!

R. Whitney - Peckham
Suter - Smid
Petry - Klefbom

Old
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:

this is quite possibly the most hockey ignorant comment/post i have ever heard

Old
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Sigh....

Old
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
redwing471

Quote:
Actually,

Beat me to it...

Wings will add 2 more names to that list I can bet you. Whether or not Suter is one of them remains to be seen.

But even if Suter chooses Minnesota. I'd say Wings team defense will be superior to Minnesota's when you factor in the defensive play of the forwards and goaltending.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
Quote:
Any list about Suter that doesnt include Detroit is disingenuous at best.
You guys obviously didn't bother to go a page back and read my first post explaining exactly why I thought Detroit wasn't a destination for him. But yeah, I'm the ignorant one. Can you teach me how to hear text?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing471 View Post
But even if Suter chooses Minnesota. I'd say Wings team defense will be superior to Minnesota's when you factor in the defensive play of the forwards and goaltending.
I would have to whole-heartedly disagree.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezzator View Post
Questions for Predators fans:

How do you guys feel about the Predators' chances of ultimately re-signing Suter and keeping him in the fold? How do you feel about Suter signing elsewhere? Obviously it would be a big blow, but with your team's superior drafting and development, do you feel confident that another gem will just present itself out of your team's system and replace Suter?
I'm thinking it comes down to a three team race between Detroit, Minnesota, and Nashville, with Colorado, St. Louis, and San Jose being long-shots. My gut tells me Suter comes back, my head tells me he leaves, so I'm giving him a 30% chance to come back.

If Suter goes to Minny, Colorado, or any other team I don't hate, he's fine. I don't like him, I don't hate him. If he goes to Detroit, he immedietly becomes one of my most hated players in the league. I hope, if he does, Weber challenges Suter to a fight in the season opener and beats the **** out of him.

Roman Josi is that gem. he was our #3 Dman last year, plays a similar game to Suter, and has a chance to be just as good.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
You guys obviously didn't bother to go a page back and read my first post explaining exactly why I thought Detroit wasn't a destination for him. But yeah, I'm the ignorant one. Can you teach me how to hear text?
Heard or seen, either way it is still ignorant. Wings haters draw these idiotic conclusions on why they wont land a huge free agent. Henrik Zetterberg is 31 and Datsyuk is 33 and has not lost a step yet. Those are now our two oldest players......NOBODY IS GOING TO SIGN WITH DETROIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players want to come to Detroit because of it's history, excellent management and coaching staff highlighted by Mike Babcock.

So to reiterate, any list that doesnt have Detroit is ignorant.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
redwing471

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Heard or seen, either way it is still ignorant. Wings haters draw these idiotic conclusions on why they wont land a huge free agent. Henrik Zetterberg is 31 and Datsyuk is 33 and has not lost a step yet. Those are now our two oldest players......NOBODY IS GOING TO SIGN WITH DETROIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players want to come to Detroit because of it's history, excellent management and coaching staff highlighted by Mike Babcock.

Add in an owner that has shown over the years he will spend and over spend to win at all costs.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:57 PM
kerjuxaxaxa

Minnesota will sign all top UFAs this off-season. Book it. Hell, they have a chance to play with Danny ****ing Heatley.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjuxaxaxa View Post
Minnesota will sign all top UFAs this off-season. Book it. Hell, they have a chance to play with Danny ****ing Heatley.
This guy gets it.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:04 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerjuxaxaxa View Post
i think he was voted nicest guy in the NHL (or took second) or something in a players poll last year. you may be on to something.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:

So in other words, you refuse to go back and read my reasons? NONE of them have to do with the age of the Wings, their ability to compete, it's front office and coaching staff, etc. But again, I am totally the ignorant one in this case, right?? LOLS

Old
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:

It's an opinion, not ignorance.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Quote:

I don't know about ignorance, all I see is arrogance.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Good Vibes View Post
I don't know about ignorance, all I see is arrogance.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
So in other words, you refuse to go back and read my reasons? NONE of them have to do with the age of the Wings, their ability to compete, it's front office and coaching staff, etc. But again, I am totally the ignorant one in this case, right?? LOLS
just throw in a caveat with everything you say like "Except for the Red Wings, I think <every single free agent>'s favorite destination is <whoever>." or you're ignorant.

Closed Thread