HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XIII - UnoLussy (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Ho Borvat

vCash: 500
Obviously its not Vancouver sending the picks to Toronto

but if you could theoretically move Reimer for the same sort of return as Bobrosky

Old
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
if bobrovski is getting a 2nd and two fourths, wtf is luongo's value
Lindback brought back three top 90picks. The old days of underpaying for goalies, if they ever existed, are definitely over.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Oh... trying to have some fun, are you?
The Leafs are in a similar situation and if Reimer plays as well as he showed two years ago and to start last year he fits our plan perfectly too. But if he doesn't we are behind in that plan. It will ultimately be up to Burke to decide if assets in the trade for Luongo are worth it.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
vanwest

Lindback, Bobrovsky, Vokoun, Thomas, Harding. Looks like Burke was not interested in all of these 'upgrades' and has some one else in mind. Johnny Bower making a comeback?

Old
kammyBlazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Well...being Bob is 33 and has a 10 year deal....oh, wait.
so you're trying to say that bob's value > luongo's?

Old
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Take a look at their roster. Vinny, St Louis, and Stamkos and even Malone all have huge contracts. I always said that TBay was not a good fit unless they traded Vinny's equally long contract with a higher cap hit. Don't forget also that TBay does not have the TML cash to deal with these contracts either. Yzerman gave up 3 top 90 picks for Lindback, who may or may not help his team. I'm not convinced that he's improved the team at all. I'll withhold judgement until I see what else he does.
To Burke Reimer is our Lindback, and GMs are willing to go with the risk of a younger unproven goalie, when a legitimate starter is out there. That was my point.
Quote:
Lindback, Bobrovsky, Vokoun, Thomas, Harding. Looks like Burke was not interested in all of these 'upgrades' and has some one else in mind. Johnny Bower making a comeback?
Burke and Nonis can play it off all they want but I am pretty sure they are drooling over the chance of landing Luongo. I think they would be fine with Reimer and Scrivens, but they really want Luongo too. haha

Old
blankall

Quote:
if bobrovski is getting a 2nd and two fourths, wtf is luongo's value
Slightly less than it was yesterday. With Columbus out of the picture, that one less option for a Vancouver goalie trade.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammyBlazer View Post
Well, except for the .899 save pecentage.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Cap drops if the NHL can get what they're after in CBA negotiations. For Florida the problem isnt with cap hit it's with the dollars that will be significant going to an aging backup if he is replaced as a starter.
Given that the NHL just had a record year for revenues, I doubt the cap is going to drop.

Quote:
If they can get an ok from their owner then maybe Florida does it but again they've been fine with middling goaltenders. Do they really want to commit that much money to a position where they dont seem to need a lot of help? Many teams have done just fine with these lesser goaltenders.
Hey, I'm not the one reporting that Florida is interested, Lebrun and Dreger have stated that. I suppose you know have some connections to the Panthers?

Quote:
I'm sure they've kicked tires but I doubt they give up even as much as the poor pieces the Leafs fans have offered.
LOL. And what makes you believe that? They have an abundance of picks and prospects which are actually useful to the Canucks.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Just jokin' bud.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
To Burke Reimer is our Lindback, and GMs are willing to go with the risk of a younger unproven goalie, when a legitimate starter is out there. That was my point.
I don't agree with your point. Yzerman had few options because there simply are no legitimate starters available. Luongo just couldn't fit in their salary structure. Take a look at it. And for all the praise Stevie Y gets as a GM he did go with Roloson again last year. I'd argue that TBay would have had a good team with quality goaltending.

Old
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
My thoughts are if Reimer would garner a comparable return to Lindback/Bobrosky it would definitely help mitigate the price they pay for Luongo.

Example, if they gave up say Kulemin + Kadri for Luongo (generic return), but then moved Reimer for (lets say) a 2nd and 2 4ths it makes it an easier pill to swallow for sure

In - Roberto Luongo, 2nd, 4th, 4th
Out - Kulemin, Kadri, Reimer

Old
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

[QUOTE=Diamonddog01;51247017]Given that the NHL just had a record year for revenues, I doubt the cap is going to drop.

Hey, I'm not the one reporting that Florida is interested, Lebrun and Dreger have stated that. I suppose you know have some connections to the Panthers?

LOL. And what makes you believe that? They have an abundance of picks and prospects which are actually useful to the Canucks.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that they care what's useful to the Canucks. They will make a deal if it's useful to them.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
sabresandcanucks

As much as I hate to admit it...Vancouver isn't going to get anything of need if they move Luongo today. They will be best to hold off and wait for training camp when teams begin to realize their goaltending situation is in poor shape.

Look at these goalie trades and what GM's are saying...hope is eternal! teams believe these unproven young guys are going to magically solve their problems in goal.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
More like Bobrovsky's value has zero to do with Luongo's.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:15 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
As much as I hate to admit it...Vancouver isn't going to get anything of need if they move Luongo today. They will be best to hold off and wait for training camp when teams begin to realize their goaltending situation is in poor shape.

Look at these goalie trades and what GM's are saying...hope is eternal! teams believe these unproven young guys are going to magically solve their problems in goal.
Vancouver is under pressure to move Luongo now. They need to sign Schneider and can't risk him being offer-sheeted

Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post

I think that it's more a case of GM's trying to put a brave face on a pretty bad situation. It's hard to see either TBay or Columbus improving significantly with Lindback or Bobrovsky. Or Toronto getting better with Reimer/Scrivens. Longer term I see Lindback as a more intriguing acquisition though.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
dfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
My thoughts are if Reimer would garner a comparable return to Lindback/Bobrosky it would definitely help mitigate the price they pay for Luongo.

Example, if they gave up say Kulemin + Kadri for Luongo (generic return), but then moved Reimer for (lets say) a 2nd and 2 4ths it makes it an easier pill to swallow for sure

In - Roberto Luongo, 2nd, 4th, 4th
Out - Kulemin, Kadri, Reimer
I think that just leaves the canucks in the same predicament the leafs have. two young in experienced goalies. mind you, i realize schneider is better and could possibly be a stud, but if i'm MG i'm not taking reimer back, i'm going for a vet to back up schneider

Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Slightly less than it was yesterday. With Columbus out of the picture, that one less option for a Vancouver goalie trade.
you think luongo would go to CBJ

Old
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
What makes you think that they care what's useful to the Canucks. They will make a deal if it's useful to them.
Because it takes two to tango.

A deal has to be agreed on by both sides, regardless of how ideal a fit that player is.

Florida has an abundance of picks and prospects, Vancouver has a very good starting goaltender. Vancouver will trade Luongo to the highest bidder out of the rumoured 4 interested teams.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Columbus was never one of those teams given that Luongo would never waive his NTC to go to Ohio.

Old
xtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Vancouver is under pressure to move Luongo now. They need to sign Schneider and can't risk him being offer-sheeted
not a worry...they can take him to arbitration....there isn't a worry about that for now.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
I don't agree with your point. Yzerman had few options because there simply are no legitimate starters available. Luongo just couldn't fit in their salary structure. Take a look at it. And for all the praise Stevie Y gets as a GM he did go with Roloson again last year. I'd argue that TBay would have had a good team with quality goaltending.
Funny, since before Lindback was traded most Vancouver fans were arguing AGAINST the salary structure making them not interested. Not saying you did it, but I remember arguing that Luongo wouldn't fit in Tampa with quite the resistance from Nuck fans.

Disagree all you want, Burke still thinks Reimer is the real deal and as a result won't be giving up major pieces for Luongo.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Kbs

Quote:
What about Schneider to Columbus?

No matter how you look at it, there's now one less team that needs a goaltender.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
How times have changed...(since yesterday)

Quote:
Maybe he want's a place with literally ZERO pressure?.

CBJ would be a perfect fit if you think about it that way.
You Nuck fans sure like changing your tune when it fits your argument.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk View Post
I think that just leaves the canucks in the same predicament the leafs have. two young in experienced goalies. mind you, i realize schneider is better and could possibly be a stud, but if i'm MG i'm not taking reimer back, i'm going for a vet to back up schneider
I was more referring to if another team wanted to move those picks for Reimer.

I can see MG going after a solid backup and giving Lack spot duty (ie filling in if a goalie is injured, getting him a couple NHL games before making him the full time back up)

Closed Thread