HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov Sliding?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
  #26
topscot78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Looking like Forsberg according to their beat writer

Actually Aaron Portzline (CBJ beat writer) and Eric Smith (CBJ Blogger) and USA today article have all pointed toward it looking like Galchenyuk.

Also comments from Howson on picking the BPA not necessarily now but in a year or two further cements the view that its not Forsberg.

Tyler Wright who is running the CBJ draft (with assistance) is known to have a man crush on Forsberg.......I just find it odd so much recent chatter is about Galchenyuk. Feels like mgmt preparing the fans for that to be the pick.

topscot78 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
  #27
Whoyawit*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Ya he's sliding alright - right into the Oiler's top 6.

Whoyawit* is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
  #28
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
Yeah, so, as a Sens fan I'd be pretty pissed off.

danishh is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
  #29
compan
Registered User
 
compan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 500
Yakupov is going 1st. Rule by BPA.

As much as I dislike the Habs, you can't give the fans false hope like that. It's just mean.


CBJ would be stupid not to take him

compan is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
  #30
MisterT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Future Franchise View Post
Yakupov never had a concussion.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...141517648.html

Uh, yes he did.

MisterT is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
  #31
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,468
vCash: 500
Why would teams pass on him? He doesn't have any signs of the typical "lazy russian"

Dylonus is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
  #32
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy
 
Crowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
I think Edmonton is going with Murray 1st overall



https://twitter.com/Murzzy18/status/216188079206178818

That's Ryan Murray's brother
And here are his follow-up tweets:

i didnt leak any info on the draft by the way so all you foolish news reporters should use other peoples tweets for there news articles

just cause i put my view doesnt mean its right! wait tell 7 and then make your articles! #desperatenewreporters

Crowdy is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
  #33
Mustang2750
Registered User
 
Mustang2750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Isles will draft Murray or Forsberg, whichever is available at 4 however if EDM passes on Yakupov I expect the Isles to try to swap picks with CBJ

Mustang2750 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:56 PM
  #34
wedge
Registered User
 
wedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: victoriaville
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,304
vCash: 500
imagine if Yakupov is still available at number 3. Every Montreal fan is super excited, thinking it's a dream come true.
Trevor Timmins goes on the stage and say "we select, from Finland, Teuvo Teravainen".

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

wedge is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
  #35
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,418
vCash: 500
99.99% chance he goes 1st overall... Give or take 0.01%

They always have this draft hype crap and people fall for it every year lol

Kevin8se7en is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:01 PM
  #36
compan
Registered User
 
compan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 500
Sounds like all these teams are losing interest.

I guess the Bruins can take him at 24 but I'm not crazy about it.

compan is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:06 PM
  #37
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
I don't think it would be crazy for the Oilers not to pick him 1st overall.
If he is still around and the Jackets are to scared to pick him they should obviously trade down a bit.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
  #38
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Reminds me of a few years ago when reports were coming out like crazy that Duchene was going 1st overall, and then he didn't and nobody was surprised.

McNasty is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
  #39
Jahodac
Registered User
 
Jahodac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
This draft looks like it's going to be exciting.

It will probably end up being like the trade deadline this past season

Jahodac is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
  #40
Trav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Edmonton would be STUPID if they pass up on Yakupov.

Trav is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:10 PM
  #41
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Why would teams pass on him? He doesn't have any signs of the typical "lazy russian"
1. Oilers probally need a Murry or Reinhart more then they need a Yakupov.
2. CBJ .. partly because the GM is bat**** crazy .. plus the "Russian factor".
3. No chance in hell the Habs would pass on him.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:12 PM
  #42
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
L.A awaits Nail with open arms at 30. Too bad he will be picked 29 picks a head of that.

funky is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
  #43
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
L.A awaits Nail with open arms at 30. Too bad he will be picked 29 picks a head of that.
Obviously CBJ would pass on him at 30, too. They don't want him.

Monarchist is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:15 PM
  #44
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
Then Columbus gets Filip Forsberg with #5.
I wouldn't be surprised if Forsberg is picked by the Islanders if he falls to 4

boredmale is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
  #45
Jahodac
Registered User
 
Jahodac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
1. Oilers probally need a Murry or Reinhart more then they need a Yakupov.
2. CBJ .. partly because the GM is bat**** crazy .. plus the "Russian factor".
3. No chance in hell the Habs would pass on him.
But does he speak French?
Mais il ne parle pas Francais?


Jahodac is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:19 PM
  #46
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
god damn it! why did CBJ have to get Bobs?!? Schneider + the 26th for Yaks would have been perfect!

Hopefully we could get the 5th overall pick for Lou and then send he 5th plus the 26th to CBJ! too bad its a pipe dream

Ched Brosky is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
  #47
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
I just have this feeling that EDM is going to take Murray, I am so pissed off, I want Yak on EDM so bad.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
  #48
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,016
vCash: 500
CBJ is retarded if they don't take Yakupov 2nd. Hell, Edmonton should take him with the 1st overall. The way Hall is playing with his head down he's not going to last very long in this league.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
  #49
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Reports saying:

1. Murray
2. Forsberg
3. TT
4. Even Garth Snow doesn't know
5. Galy -- but would have to consider Yak.

birddog* is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
  #50
McArthur
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey Heart Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
I wouldnt be shocked if oilers take forsberg. nail with the concussion is a huge question mark and he wasnt the same when he come back

McArthur is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.