HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Suter's Preferred Destinations in the West

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
  #951
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing471 View Post
Add in an owner that has shown over the years he will spend and over spend to win at all costs.
Flash forward to today's NHL, with a salary cap and unprecedented parity, and I'm not so sure over spending on players is a good thing.

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  #952
MNState0fHockey
Registered User
 
MNState0fHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 704
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
just throw in a caveat with everything you say like "Except for the Red Wings, I think <every single free agent>'s favorite destination is <whoever>." or you're ignorant.
Or you're "bashing" the Red Wings

(see post below)

MNState0fHockey is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  #953
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
So in other words, you refuse to go back and read my reasons? NONE of them have to do with the age of the Wings, their ability to compete, it's front office and coaching staff, etc. But again, I am totally the ignorant one in this case, right?? LOLS
I read your reasons why he wont join Detroit and they were nonsensical ramblings of a bitter Wings hater.

Just had a playoff series against Detroit.....bad blood? I dont recall any bad blood between Suter and the Wings.

"He is a classy guy" so he wont join a rival team, but he is so classy that he will leave the team that drafted him and developed him........logic fail.

I dont even feel like responding to the last "reason" why he wont join Detroit. There is no shadow. Lidstrom is gone and now the Wings moved on. Z has been horrible since he has had to live under the shadow of Yzerman..........

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
  #954
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Good Vibes View Post
I don't know about ignorance, all I see is arrogance.
Feel free to highlight the arrogant parts. Take your time. I find it hilarious to see all the mental gymnastics people are going through to find reasons on why Suter or Parise wont sign with Detroit.

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
  #955
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
just throw in a caveat with everything you say like "Except for the Red Wings, I think <every single free agent>'s favorite destination is <whoever>." or you're ignorant.
Nahh dude, everybody is going to sign with the Wild because they have 100% sure fire elite prospects and a rich history that has always been successful.......ohh wait. Detroit's decline is still better than Minny's best years.

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
  #956
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 50
While I might hate the Red Wings, it has nothing to do with this post.

You see, I'm simply posting how I see the landscape for Suter to work out. It's NOTHING but speculation.

How can you even say it was hating on the Red Wings? I complimented them, and my reasons had 0 to do with the actual Wings organization directly.

My 3rd reason was that Suter will always be the #2 dman in your city. How is that nonsensical? You think a couple cups will make people start to say "Oh, there's Ryan Suter, Lidstrom 2.0!" They were all reasons based solely on MY opinion of what Ryan Suter is looking at. And as much as it might piss you off, I don't think he's gonna sign with your team. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't think he'll sign with my team either.

Quote:
I dont even feel like responding to the rest.
This is just.... cmon man! I'm not trolling.... I wrote it out for a reason - because it's my opinion of what MIGHT happen. It's not like I'm throwing a hissy fit because some wings fans don't think Colorado is a possibility, because it's just their opinion!

jfisher6 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
  #957
Hank Z
Rookie User
 
Hank Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hockeytown
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
While I might hate the Red Wings, it has nothing to do with this post.

You see, I'm simply posting how I see the landscape for Suter to work out. It's NOTHING but speculation.

How can you even say it was hating on the Red Wings? I complimented them, and my reasons had 0 to do with the actual Wings organization directly.

My 3rd reason was that Suter will always be the #2 dman in your city. How is that nonsensical? You think a couple cups will make people start to say "Oh, there's Ryan Suter, Lidstrom 2.0!" They were all reasons based solely on MY opinion of what Ryan Suter is looking at. And as much as it might piss you off, I don't think he's gonna sign with your team. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't think he'll sign with my team either.

This is just.... cmon man! I'm not trolling.... I wrote it out for a reason - because it's my opinion of what MIGHT happen. It's not like I'm throwing a hissy fit because some wings fans don't think Colorado is a possibility, because it's just their opinion!
So you're saying he doesn't want to play on a team where he'll be overshadowed by another great defenseman, but then you list Nashville as the favorite to sign him where he's currently being overshadowed by his D partner?

Hank Z is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
  #958
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Z View Post
So you're saying he doesn't want to play on a team where he'll be overshadowed by another great defenseman, but then you list Nashville as the favorite to sign him where he's currently being overshadowed by his D partner?
Oh man, you aren't being serious are you? Am I really about to say this to a wings fan? Lidstrom just retired from a legendary 20 year career, in which he engraved his legacy into the souls of most of the state of michigan. Weber just recently took the team to salary arbitration, and has been playing a total of what, 6 seasons now? He could be gone next season, easily. Moot point.

Not to mention Weber is like a brother to him. I don't think there is any sort of #2 pressure on him in Nashville whatsoever, and I stand by the 45% chance that they re-sign him.

jfisher6 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #959
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Oh man, you aren't being serious are you? Am I really about to say this to a wings fan? Lidstrom just retired from a legendary 20 year career, in which he engraved his legacy into the souls of most of the state of michigan. Weber just recently took the team to salary arbitration, and has been playing a total of what, 6 seasons now? He could be gone next season, easily. Moot point.

Not to mention Weber is like a brother to him. I don't think there is any sort of #2 pressure on him in Nashville whatsoever, and I stand by the 45% chance that they re-sign him.
Its very rare for a player to go to July 1st and then re-sign...


I'm not saying its impossible, but its highly unlikely... If he wanted to stay in Nashville with Weber for at least one more season, he would have signed already IMO.


He's as good as gone.

sparxx87 is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #960
loLZokAY
str8 gonger
 
loLZokAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Oh man, you aren't being serious are you? Am I really about to say this to a wings fan? Lidstrom just retired from a legendary 20 year career, in which he engraved his legacy into the souls of most of the state of michigan. Weber just recently took the team to salary arbitration, and has been playing a total of what, 6 seasons now? He could be gone next season, easily. Moot point.

Not to mention Weber is like a brother to him. I don't think there is any sort of #2 pressure on him in Nashville whatsoever, and I stand by the 45% chance that they re-sign him.
I'm sorry to bust your bubble but he's not resigning with Nashville. July 1st may be a hard day for you with this mindframe. Just sayin'

loLZokAY is offline  
Old
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
  #961
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,034
vCash: 500
Yeah this one has turned into nothing but a bunch of *****ing back and forth between Wings fans and Wild/Avs fans. I don't even think we need to let it hit 1,000 before killing it.

closed.

TMI is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.