HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colin Fraser and Jarret Stoll Close to be re-signed by Kings.

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
SkateFreak

vCash: 500
Colin Fraser and Jarret Stoll Close to be re-signed by Kings.

Per @RealLisa
Contract update(s): Kings getting close on deal w/Fraser. Working on Stoll but looks like Fraser's will be done first..

Old
06-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateFreak View Post
Per @RealLisa
Contract update(s): Kings getting close on deal w/Fraser. Working on Stoll but looks like Fraser's will be done first..
Loktionov to the trading block! Please please please...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
RomanianLeafs

this has to be worst FA 1of july ever...stoll was on my fav list for the leafs...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:49 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Interesting on Stoll. he would have made a boat-load @ UFA. Not many centers out there.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Interesting on Stoll. he would have made a boat-load @ UFA. Not many centers out there.
It seems like the Kings want to stay together. Penner already said he would take a discount to stay. If its true that they're close to a deal with Stoll, he's probably taking a discount.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:58 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimMak187 View Post
It seems like the Kings want to stay together. Penner already said he would take a discount to stay. If its true that they're close to a deal with Stoll, he's probably taking a discount.
Lol penner probably should

Old
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
KingsCourt

Quote:
stoll loves LA. he's always there for events, signings, trades...cool hopefully at discount

Old
06-22-2012, 12:06 PM
danaluvsthekings

Good to hear. On the one hand, a little surprised because like others have said, there aren't a ton of centers available and I thought Stoll was probably in the top 2 or 3 that were. On the other hand Stoll pretty much built a brand new super nice custom house in the South Bay. He's got a good thing here with the Kings. Enough centers where he's not expected to play a huge offensive role, gets some power play time, important for face-offs and the penalty kill.

Fraser was better than most people expected after last summer's fiasco. I do love the depth that the Kings have with guys that can play center in Kopitar, Richards, Carter, apparently Stoll and Fraser, as well as Lewis. All defensively responsible and can contribute on the pk. I do feel bad for Loktionov though.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Sear91

Would love to have Stoll in Tampa, but he is a good fit in LA.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
funky

Considering Fraser came in injured, was behind in training, and was on a new team, the guy flat out thrived in his role. Love to have him back.

Stoll is a great guy and gives it his all. The only thing I didn't like was the size of his contract and the odd bad penalty. Once in the third line role he did will, brought energy, won face offs enabling more possession time, killed penalties, took the body and added the odd goal. Once King was on his line the line seemed a lot better. He is much better suited to the team the Loktionov. It allows us to move Loktionov for a different asset. Win/win.

Now just go out and get Glencross for his other winger and we have a potent 3rd.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Good news. Stoll is a great 3C and keeping him will be a big part of carrying success into next season. Fraser I think is more expendable, but he certainly proved his worth and I'm happy to see him back. With Chicago he was no impact player but he helped make the Kings 4th a really strong line.

Next up, get Penner for a discount.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Lol penner probably should
Probably should what?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Happy to see both returning, especially Fraser. He brought an identity to the 4th line that has been lacking for many many years

Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
NuxFan09

Might as well. If they get Stoll and Fraser signed then they'll have their complete centre core locked up (Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll, Fraser).

Old
06-22-2012, 12:49 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Good to hear. On the one hand, a little surprised because like others have said, there aren't a ton of centers available and I thought Stoll was probably in the top 2 or 3 that were. On the other hand Stoll pretty much built a brand new super nice custom house in the South Bay. He's got a good thing here with the Kings. Enough centers where he's not expected to play a huge offensive role, gets some power play time, important for face-offs and the penalty kill.

Fraser was better than most people expected after last summer's fiasco. I do love the depth that the Kings have with guys that can play center in Kopitar, Richards, Carter, apparently Stoll and Fraser, as well as Lewis. All defensively responsible and can contribute on the pk. I do feel bad for Loktionov though.
I think he was a surprise because all we heard about was how terrible he was and how a SC contender would never have a player of his caliber on their roster.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
I think he was a surprise because all we heard about was how terrible he was and how a SC contender would never have a player of his caliber on their roster.
Of course the Oilers of today would know what it takes to put together a contender...

Old
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
I never thought Stoll was leaving. Why would you? He absolutely loves the city, team and franchise, is slotted as a 3rd line center behind Kopitar and Richards (his perfect spot) and could be on a contender for the next 5-7 years (if he wants). Glad to have him back. Same goes with Fraser.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Besides, where else is Stoll going to get to meet/date starlets?

06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I never thought Stoll was leaving. Why would you? He absolutely loves the city, team and franchise, is slotted as a 3rd line center behind Kopitar and Richards (his perfect spot) and could be on a contender for the next 5-7 years (if he wants). Glad to have him back. Same goes with Fraser.
Because he scored 6 goals this year. He redeemed himself in the playoffs, but had LA lost 3 more games this year and finished 9th then Stoll would have been gone.

I'm currently happy to have him back, but 2 months ago I couldn't wait until he was off the roster and Loktionov was getting a full time shot.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:39 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post

you had to know as well as i did that Loktionov was hands down the likely odd-man out as soon as the Richards trade was made.

even if Stoll wasn't to re-sign, forcing Dean to find a replacement at 3C, there's almost zero chance that spot would go to Lokti... he's just not built for the demands of that role.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:43 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Because he scored 6 goals this year. He redeemed himself in the playoffs, but had LA lost 3 more games this year and finished 9th then Stoll would have been gone.

I'm currently happy to have him back, but 2 months ago I couldn't wait until he was off the roster and Loktionov was getting a full time shot.

everyone had either at or very near career lows offensively, and no one had to adjust to a new position and role more than Stoll.

the guy has been far and away the most underrated Kings player since he's been here. he gives everything he's got on every shift, and always has.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Besides, where else is Stoll going to get to meet/date starlets?
Very weak.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
I remember Stoll being interviewed in early December. Someone asked him how he felt playing on the third line behind Richards, a spot he isn't accustomed to. I believe his quote was along the lines of, "I could really care a less where I play. Anywhere I can help the team and make a positive impact is all that matters to me. Richie is an awesome player and I have learned a lot from him already. It's awesome to have two superstar centers playing in front of me." That sums up Stoll. A total class act and I'm glad he's close to getting an extension. No player on the Kings is a better guy than Stoll.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
everyone had either at or very near career lows offensively, and no one had to adjust to a new position and role more than Stoll.

the guy has been far and away the most underrated Kings player since he's been here. he gives everything he's got on every shift, and always has.
Sure, but he also was the most expendable in terms of contract status and far more likely to be on the cutting board then guys like Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards, and Carter. Had the kings missed the playoffs or dropped in the first round again, something would have had to change, and Stoll and Penner would be the odd men out.

Again, LA's success in the Playoffs changed all that, and now I'll gladly welcome an extension, but 2-3 months ago at least half of the kings board had written him off....there's no denying that.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post

This was so apparent in the playoffs. Watch the replays and you'll see he ****ing killed every shift. KILLED.

Closed Thread