HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happens first?

View Poll Results: What comes first?
Sabres make a draft selection 19 38.78%
Sabres make a trade 30 61.22%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2012, 09:59 AM
  #26
5 Minute Major
Registered User
 
5 Minute Major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,577
vCash: 500
I can hear it now......

"The market was dry."

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:05 AM
  #27
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,915
vCash: 500
I'd like them to be active in trading, but it's not as likely as them standing pat.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:23 AM
  #28
Sabresfansince1980
Registered User
 
Sabresfansince1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: from Wheatfield, NY
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
I don't believe it makes them failures, never stated such.
Merely expressed my opinion on who'd I'd like to see Buffalo somewhat realistically deal for, in my most humbled assessment.

I can't say Bobby Ryan or Ryan Clowe are going nowhere. Sorry, I'm not an insider in any NHL circle, merely a fan, so for me to make assumptions of what NHL GM's are or are not willing to do is out of my scope.
(now's a good time to check that sarcasm meter )
Ryan has been speculated about quite a bit, there may be some potential of him moving. I would also put Van Riemsdyk in that group. He was just declared to not need surgery on his hip, with Philly claiming that he'll be healthy in time for camp. Given the prior rumblings about him being trade bait, my guess is that Philly is propping him up to be a risk-free trade option. I doubt he's a priority for Regier, but if he's truly in the fast lane to recovery (I'm still skeptical), Van Riemsdyk would be a lesser version of Ryan for a much cheaper price.


Last edited by Sabresfansince1980: 06-15-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:52 PM
  #29
heartsabres*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Budapest
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The way your post is worded, it is reasonable to believe that you were implying that the removal of Roy in itself improoves the team. You said, trading roy makes the team better. If that's not how you meant for it to come across, don't say so. Its not like there isn't people around here who think the team would be better if we simply removed Roy from the roster. They call it addition by subtraction and it is a terrible idea, that makes no sense. Don't tell me I'm looking for an argument, when with the wording you used combined with some of the truely stupid ideas that is floating around here right now, the assumption on your post is extremely plausible. Also was it necisary to jump down my throat with such a nasty attitude when I made a reasonable conclusion on the meaning of your post based on the facts on hand?
WOW, so if there is a problem with my post report me. I got no warning and no shot was taken at you. I received no warning so calm down and dont take everything so personal. Try not to derail the thread either because this post of yours has nothing to do with the OP topic. I felt like it was a very poorly drawn conculsion on your part because all you had to do was ask.


If I thought trading Roy was addition by subtraction I would of said so. Try not to read between the lines, it is what people do when they look for fights. If you want to make assumptions from people´s posts it will lead to nothing but arguments. In the future try asking what people mean then just assuming what you think they mean and then posting something completely different then what is meant


Last edited by heartsabres*: 06-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.
heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
  #30
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The removal of roy does NOT make this team better. Though the return we get for him MIGHT. As of right now without roy, our third line center is Ville Leino, then Cody McCormick. You can't tell me that either of those guys at center makes this team a playoff team.
they made the playoffs without Roy in 2010-2011... and they did it with Hecht, Connolly, Niedermayer, Goose, and some Boyes at center..

I think they'll be just fine without Roy.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:20 PM
  #31
HiddenInLight
Registered User
 
HiddenInLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
WOW, so if there is a problem with my post report me. I got no warning and no shot was taken at you. I received no warning so calm down and dont take everything so personal. Try not to derail the thread either because this post of yours has nothing to do with the OP topic. I felt like it was a very poorly drawn conculsion on your part because all you had to do was ask.


If I thought trading Roy was addition by subtraction I would of said so. Try not to read between the lines, it is what people do when they look for fights. If you want to make assumptions from people´s posts it will lead to nothing but arguments. In the future try asking what people mean then just assuming what you think they mean and then posting something completely different then what is meant
It was poorly worded, don't blame me for your inability to get your point across.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  #32
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,992
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
they made the playoffs without Roy in 2010-2011... and they did it with Hecht, Connolly, Niedermayer, Goose, and some Boyes at center..

I think they'll be just fine without Roy.
Obviously by that logic all we need is Nieds and Connolly back.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  #33
static80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I can hear it now......

"The market was dry."
I cringe at the very hint of those words.........

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
  #34
heartsabres*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Budapest
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
I don't believe it makes them failures, never stated such.
Merely expressed my opinion on who'd I'd like to see Buffalo somewhat realistically deal for, in my most humbled assessment.

I can't say Bobby Ryan or Ryan Clowe are going nowhere. Sorry, I'm not an insider in any NHL circle, merely a fan, so for me to make assumptions of what NHL GM's are or are not willing to do is out of my scope.
(now's a good time to check that sarcasm meter )
Why are people on this forum so quick to be sarcastic, I merely posed a question about players that would not be traded and asked if that makes a GM a failure. I did not imply you were an insider or that you said they were failures. Has sarcasm become such an intricate part of HF that everyone just assumes someone is sarcastic?

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:38 PM
  #35
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I can hear it now......

"The market was dry."
Or "The value wasn't there"

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:00 PM
  #36
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life
 
enrothorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Downtown Buffalo
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,489
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
I echo the sentiments that Regier will come out saying he tried to trade up but the market wasn't there. Feel free to replace the word market with whatever you like to get his point across.

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:09 PM
  #37
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,432
vCash: 666
Trade down a few spots from #12 with a team who really wants to draft one of the d-men.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 04:16 PM
  #38
static80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Why are people on this forum so quick to be sarcastic, I merely posed a question about players that would not be traded and asked if that makes a GM a failure. I did not imply you were an insider or that you said they were failures. Has sarcasm become such an intricate part of HF that everyone just assumes someone is sarcastic?
Here is the link to your response to my OP on my opinion of what I'd like to see happen come draft day and FA.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=23

you specifically ask the failure question, I responded to it, which was just a side conversation to my original thoughts on who'd I'd like the team to go after and bring in. I believe that question is irrelevant in the context in which I'd like to see those players in a Sabres Jersey.

If you were attempting to state that it's iron clad that players listed are not available come hell or high water or that not enough would be offered to complete such a deal, I'll patiently await the remaining time in the off season to see if you were correct.
Forgive me if I don't take your statement of not going anywhere as the gospel.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:34 PM
  #39
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Obviously by that logic all we need is Nieds and Connolly back.
that's not the same logic

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
  #40
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I can hear it now......

"The market was dry."
Arbor Day I tell you. Arbor Day.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
  #41
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,992
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
that's not the same logic
Goal Z is not contingent on the presence of player X because players ABCDE took team to goal Z.

Players ADEX fail to take team to playoffs.

Removing BC and adding X is the difference between playoffs and none.

Removing X and adding BC will return team to playoffs.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:55 PM
  #42
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Goal Z is not contingent on the presence of player X because players ABCDE took team to goal Z.

Players ADEX fail to take team to playoffs.

Removing BC and adding X is the difference between playoffs and none.

Removing X and adding BC will return team to playoffs.
team A without player X makes the playoffs
team B with player X misses the playoffs

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:09 PM
  #43
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,992
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
team A without player X makes the playoffs
team B with player X misses the playoffs
Implying there's context outside of one player that could lead to missing the playoffs? And that no individual is responsible for a team's performance?

Never.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
  #44
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Implying there's context outside of one player that could lead to missing the playoffs? And that no individual is responsible for a team's performance?

Never.
again, the person I quoted implied that removing Roy, will hinder this team's chances for making the playoffs. I simply pointed out, that the previous removal of Roy DID lead to a playoff appearance

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
  #45
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,992
vCash: 300
And you know as well as I that your example was not an if-then scenario.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:19 PM
  #46
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 500
Trade.

I agree with hiddenlight, Darcy has too much ammo right now. I think the people who make decisions know there are a few guys on this team need to go. There is too much 'glaring needs' on the Sabres and this is the year he makes the big deal.

Staal will be a Sabre. Too much pressure from above not to pull that trigger.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 12:14 AM
  #47
SabresBills2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Next Week

Myself and others have posted Pommer/Adam for Staal/Kenndy.

I believe that Darcy still has enough assets to obtain a top 6 winger(Bobby Ryan).

SabresBills2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
  #48
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,915
vCash: 500
Seems like a lot of optimists were skewing this poll.

Unless something happens in the next four hours.....

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
  #49
Sabretip
Registered User
 
Sabretip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I can hear it now......

"The market was dry."
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
I cringe at the very hint of those words.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Or "The value wasn't there"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Arbor Day I tell you. Arbor Day.
Based on how often we've heard the quoted explanations, I think you mean "Groundhog Day".

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
  #50
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot
 
Karate Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,616
vCash: 500
Remember how long deadline day took before action....

Also... no trade clauses are ruining all the fun hockey holidays.... there should be a rule where you aren't eligible for an NTC or NMC until you are 32 or something.

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.