HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLV All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yandle and Boedker for Couturier, JVR and Philly's 1st.
Type of deal the Flyers love to make. Really wouldn't be surprised to see them steal the show in Pittsburgh

Old
06-22-2012, 01:25 PM
gusfring

Holmgren is a heck of a GM. Geez.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Holmgren is a heck of a GM. Geez.
He's had a top team and not been able to "win the big one".

Old
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
shutehinside

Where does it say Yandle is available?!

He'd be my number one target IF he was available.

Last edited by shutehinside: 06-22-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Shocker...the year off thing was just BS... :

Tim Thomas has agreed to waive his no-trade clause if the Boston Bruins want to trade him before July 1.
That's certainly an interesting development. Thomas has already previously stated that he doesn't want to play next season, but maybe he'll have a change of heart if Boston trades him. Then again, this could just be an opportunity for Boston to dump his salary on a team that's struggling to reach the cap floor. Thomas' $5 million cap hit will count even if he doesn't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Where does it say Yandle is available?!

He'd be my number one target IF he was available.
Why trade for Yandle with like 7 offensive d-men in Montreal or Hamilton? He doesn't fill a need and would probably cost our 1st pick and maybe more.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Tim Thomas has agreed to waive his no-trade clause if the Boston Bruins want to trade him before July 1.
That's certainly an interesting development. Thomas has already previously stated that he doesn't want to play next season, but maybe he'll have a change of heart if Boston trades him. Then again, this could just be an opportunity for Boston to dump his salary on a team that's struggling to reach the cap floor. Thomas' $5 million cap hit will count even if he doesn't play.
Thomas has turned into a real headcase. If I were the Bruins I'd unhitch my wagon from that star ASAP...Vezinas or not.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
gusfring

Quote:
He's had a top team and not been able to "win the big one".
He created the "top team" you speak of. Much better GM than PG ever was.

Quote:

Why trade for Yandle with like 7 offensive d-men in Montreal or Hamilton? He doesn't fill a need and would probably cost our 1st pick and maybe more.
He isn't strictly an offensive D, that's why. He's one of the best all around D in the NHL right now.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:13 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

“@RealKyper: #SNdraft Despite Thomas waiving his no-trade allowing #Bruins to deal him he still claims it won't changed his mind on taking time off #NHL”

As for Yandle, he's a top end defensman. We may have Diaz, Weber as offensive defensmem but really only PK and Markov come anywhere near close the calibre of Yandle. Even then he's probably better than either of those two overall.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Isn't Holmgren the guy who traded two core forwards of his team and watched them go on to win the Cup somewhere else? And then saw his new team get disposed of easily in the second round?

I can only imagine the reaction here if Gauthier (or Bergevin, or anyone) traded Pacioretty and Subban to another team, and that team went on to win the Cup. I'm sure people would be calling him a "heck of a GM" like Holmgren.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Isn't Holmgren the guy who traded two core forwards of his team and watched them go on to win the Cup somewhere else? And then saw his new team get disposed of easily in the second round?

I can only imagine the reaction here if Gauthier (or Bergevin, or anyone) traded Pacioretty and Subban to another team, and that team went on to win the Cup. I'm sure people would be calling him a "heck of a GM" like Holmgren.
He traded them because they could not win in Philly - as opposed to hanging on to assets too long and getting nothing in return for them.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
“@RealKyper: #SNdraft Despite Thomas waiving his no-trade allowing #Bruins to deal him he still claims it won't changed his mind on taking time off #NHL”

As for Yandle, he's a top end defensman. We may have Diaz, Weber as offensive defensmem but really only PK and Markov come anywhere near close the calibre of Yandle. Even then he's probably better than either of those two overall.
Yandle makes no logical sense to Montreal. As I said his game is very similar to Subban Markov and Beaulieu, why trade big to add to a strength? That's along the lines as us trading for Luongo?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He traded them because they could not win in Philly - as opposed to hanging on to assets too long and getting nothing in return for them.
How would he get nothing for them? Those guys were signed long term.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:20 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

that is so true! Excellent point

Old
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Why couldn't they win in Philly when they were 1 game away from doing it a couple of years ago, and then actually did it this year? Seems like a pretty convenient excuse that we would never afford our own GMs. Maybe Gainey traded McDonagh away because he knew he couldn't succeed in Montreal, and wanted to get something for him. Why not?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:34 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Yandle makes no logical sense to Montreal. As I said his game is very similar to Subban Markov and Beaulieu, why trade big to add to a strength? That's along the lines as us trading for Luongo?
Montreal is extremely thin on D. Markov is questionable and Beaulieu is still a few years away from being an effect NHL defenseman which really only leaves PK right now as a top end defenseman an he just turned 23.

Depth at the defense position is key to being a contender and we're no where near being close to deep on defense. Who are we to be too deep to take Yandle who's considered one of the top D in the league?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Well first off, he wouldn't have had nothing from them. He already had a SC appearance and his team was considered a favorite. He had a strong solid base and they were signed longterm. So, he wouldn't have gotten nothing in return. They had already proven their worth.

Second, I'm pretty sure that if it were here, you would have said something along the lines of Montreal can't win with winners, and taken another shot at management.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter, we all know you hated management and you're clearly holding a double standard. At least own up to it.

Holmgrem has done some nice moves, but he seems very trigger happy. There really wasn't a necessity in dealing Richards/Carter and go another route. He knew, those guys can lead him to the SCF, they did it. The new road however, is unknown. They completely wasted Bobrovsky, opted to sign Bryzgalov, which screams desperation.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Montreal is extremely thin on D. Markov is questionable and Beaulieu is still a few years away from being an effect NHL defenseman which really only leaves PK right now as a top end defenseman an he just turned 23.

Depth at the defense position is key to being a contender and we're no where near being close to deep on defense. Who are we to be too deep to take Yandle who's considered one of the top D in the league?
BECAUSE HE WOULD COST SOME OF OUR BEST ASSETS.

It's a very illogical move.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

One of those Ds would likely be on its way out, and if you ever have a chance of landing a guy like Yandle, you don't pass it up. We're lucky if only one of those D prospects you're talking about turn up like Yandle.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
One of those Ds would likely be on its way out, and if you ever have a chance of landing a guy like Yandle, you don't pass it up. We're lucky if only one of those D prospects you're talking about turn up like Yandle.
Yandle would probably cost us Pacioretty or the #3 pick, you would do that?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:50 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
BECAUSE HE WOULD COST SOME OF OUR BEST ASSETS.

It's a very illogical move.
Quote:
God, I hate when you do that. You DO NOT KNOW what it would take to land Yandle. There is a huge number of ways the Hans could land Yandle so to say it would cost this or that is PURE speculation.

I can retort with the Coyotes want Beaulieu/Kristo and the two 2nds or Bourque, and the 2nds or... The combos are endless.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:51 PM
gusfring

Quote:
That's a different question. You say we don't need him and I say we do.

Do I want to give what it would take to get him? Probably not, but he would be a great addition.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
gusfring

Quote:
God, I hate when you do that. You DO NOT KNOW what it would take to land Yandle. There is a huge number of ways the Hans could land Yandle so to say it would cost this or that is PURE speculation.

I can retort with the Coyotes want Beaulieu/Kristo and the two 2nds or Bourque, and the 2nds or... The combos are endless.
Remember, he was in favor of the Kaberle deal last year.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't have to KNOW the cost. All it takes is a bit of comm on sense. Yandle is 25 with 187 career NHL points in 365 games and making a vert reasonable 5.25 mil the next 4 years. You'd have to think if Phoenix trades him it's because they have OEL and Gormley on the way and they want to high end offensive players.

The rumor I heard on Phillie was for JVR or Couturier and a 1st. Do we want to trade our #3 pick or Pacioretty for another offensive d-man?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I don't have to KNOW the cost. All it takes is a bit of comm on sense. Yandle is 25 with 187 career NHL points in 365 games and making a vert reasonable 5.25 mil the next 4 years. You'd have to think if Phoenix trades him it's because they have OEL and Gormley on the way and they want to high end offensive players.

The rumor I heard on Phillie was for JVR or Couturier and a 1st. Do we want to trade our #3 pick or Pacioretty for another offensive d-man?
If we are trading our pick to Phoenix it better be for OEL, not Yandle. (Not that I want them to do that)

Old
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

At first you said he wasnt very good, he'd be redundant here and not worth getting. Now you're saying he's soo good we have to over pay to get him. I seriously admire your ability to suck and blow at the same time.

Mitt Romney, is that you?

Closed Thread