HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yandle + Ryan for staal + dubi? That's very intriguing
I think that would be an extremely interesting scenario.

Maloney has always loved Dubi. Send him plus picks prospects to PHX

Then turn around and send Staal, Anisimov, plus to ANA. We keep our defensive depth and get a star forward. Only adding about 2-3 mill per year.

06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not intriguing. It's a fairy tale.
He lives in fairy tale land when it comes to trades.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Doesn't have to be one of those teams. St. Louis could use a lefty. Boston could use a lefty. Tampa Bay needs help on D. Heck, most of the teams in our own division could use an upgrade on D, haha.
Very true, just not sure who is available up front on other teams that's why I used those two. But I could see Yandle being brought in and flipped or MDZ being traded, so agree there. The rest is just speculation obviously.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Actually one of five.

Ouch... i was wayyyyyyy off lol

Old
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

For the umpteenth time: Ryan is not worth more than Staal. It would be straight up.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
Old
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Very true, just not sure who is available up front on other teams that's why I used those two. But I could see Yandle being brought in and flipped or MDZ being traded, so agree there. The rest is just speculation obviously.
Pretty much. How many people thought Yandle was available two days ago? We're all in the dark until it ends up on Twitter, haha.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
NYR Viper

I think this may be the Rangers doing their due diligence on a player that they have liked for a while. Torts said they needed to upgrade their defense and their scoring up front. This would help one of those areas and he should help the PP as well. Not sure what the price would be.

Also, I wonder if Torts and Sullivan have any tie to Yandle (Boston guy) or from any Team USA camps or anything?

Old
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post

.....that sums up at least half this board, lol.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Let me dream in peace lol.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not intriguing. It's a fairy tale.
Thats not even an ordinary fairy tale.

06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Thats not even an ordinary fairy tale.
It's a couple drops of acid and some mushrooms kind of fairy tale.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What do you mean he either "has it or he doesn't". Since when does a 22 year old have to have it all put together? Is he done learning? Getting stronger? I don't understand this logic and this isn't just directed at you KJ.

I swear, this generation who had video games and has been spoiled with some players making the NHL at a very young age don't understand the normal development path for a human athlete.

Derek Stepan had 51 points as a sophomore and 22 year old. 51. A normal 1st line center has around 60. 22 years old. 51 points. 60 points to be a 1st line center. Players hit their prime around 27.

People fail to realize that being a 1st line center =/= to Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin. Those players are superstars. Comparing all top-line forwards and defensemen to superstars is getting old.
It's called, an "it factor". Hagelin had "it". Kreider had "it". Richards had "it". The list can go on. Despite their age and experience it is evident when a player has "it".

Should I define "it"? An unwillingness to allow defeat. Usually becomes apparent in moments of need and adversity.

Stepan doesn't have "it". This isn't just 1 season, this is both of the last 2 seasons. He has simply just disappeared. I understand a player who is young needs time to put it all together, but the hope is that he'll show you glimpses of what he is capable of at the very least. Don't tell me that he didn't have the line mates to show his abilities, Boyle and Fedotenko both showed up (Boyle clearly was hindered later on in the playoffs due to the concussion).

I never compared Stepan to Crosby. That's silly. Tell me which fan wants a player who shows up for 3/4 of the season and then vanishes for the next 1/4 and post season... I don't care how much talent he may or may not have, give me the clutch player instead any day.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
So does 98% of this board.

Old
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

No thanks to Yandle.

Upgrade scoring somehow leave the defense as is.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
It's called, an "it factor". Hagelin had "it". Kreider had "it". Richards had "it". The list can go on. Despite their age and experience it is evident when a player has "it".

Should I define "it"? An unwillingness to allow defeat. Usually becomes apparent in moments of need and adversity.

Stepan doesn't have "it". This isn't just 1 season, this is both of the last 2 seasons. He has simply just disappeared. I understand a player who is young needs time to put it all together, but the hope is that he'll show you glimpses of what he is capable of at the very least. Don't tell me that he didn't have the line mates to show his abilities, Boyle and Fedotenko both showed up (Boyle clearly was hindered later on in the playoffs due to the concussion).

I never compared Stepan to Crosby. That's silly. Tell me which fan wants a player who shows up for 3/4 of the season and then vanishes for the next 1/4 and post season... I don't care how much talent he may or may not have, give me the clutch player instead any day.
Stepan was the captain of a US WJC Team that won IN CANADA. He led the tournament in points.

He has the "it" you are describing. He raises his game when need be. Thsi year he was obviously hurt from a knee-on-knee from Orpik with 3 games left to go in the season. Why does everyone just choose to forget that fact?

Its like when people piled on Gaborik until they found out he had a serious shoulder injury.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Habs quietly shopping Subban.

Quote:
#SNdraft Sources saying #Canadiens quietly shopping PK Subban. Would PK entice #Oilers for package deal involving 1st #NHL over-all pick?

Old
06-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Lundqvist 30 NY

From Sports Talk AM today (NY radio show) "Brandon Dubinsky has not renewed his lease on his NYC apartment. This comes 24 hours after Dubinsky reportedly had a conference call with Glen Sather and John Tortorella according to tsn's sportscenter show this morning.

Add this to rumors that Dubinsky is on the trading block and many around the league are wondering if the Rangers informed Dubi that a deal involving the disappointing Rangers forward has been reached. "

The host said he has also read twitter reports that Dubinsky WILL be traded on draft day and a deal has been reached, supposedly with the Blue Jackets or Canucks.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:31 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Habs quietly shopping Subban.
WHAT? Why? He's AWESOME!!!!

Old
06-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Rust Heisenberg

As for these trade proposals this is getting sad. We made it so far with a team and I think at some point or another every player on our current roster has now been involved in some trade or another.

Keith Yandle doesn't make any sense. At all. Let's add another left handed defenseman to make our defensive corps 5/6 left shotted. Right. Got it. I thought Torts has always made it clear that he likes to have at least 3 left and 3 right handed shots on the defense.

If anything the Yandle rumors mean 2 things. 1, the more likely, the reporters have little to no idea what is actually going on behind the doors, they get a whiff on something, use logic, and make a rumor out of it. Rangers and Yotes are frequent trade partners, the Rangers involvement is likely just speculation on the side of the reporters. 2, the less likely, the Rangers planted this in the media to again try to lower the price of another GM. The minute the Rangers are taken out of the running for these players (Ryan and Nash) the GMs will have less leverage with other teams. We're not getting Yandle. He creates more problems than he solves.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:32 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist 30 NY View Post
From Sports Talk AM today (NY radio show) "Brandon Dubinsky has not renewed his lease on his NYC apartment. This comes 24 hours after Dubinsky reportedly had a conference call with Glen Sather and John Tortorella according to tsn's sportscenter show this morning.

Add this to rumors that Dubinsky is on the trading block and many around the league are wondering if the Rangers informed Dubi that a deal involving the disappointing Rangers forward has been reached. "

The host said he has also read twitter reports that Dubinsky WILL be traded on draft day and a deal has been reached, supposedly with the Blue Jackets or Canucks.
Which show?

Old
06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist 30 NY View Post

If this is true, that's a good find.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
WHAT? Why? He's AWESOME!!!!
Terrible attitude is my only guess, and the Habs probably think they can get a ridiculous return for him.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Terrible attitude is my only guess, and the Habs probably think they can get a ridiculous return for him.
they probably could ... he's THAT good

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Stepan was the captain of a US WJC Team that won IN CANADA. He led the tournament in points.

He has the "it" you are describing. He raises his game when need be. Thsi year he was obviously hurt from a knee-on-knee from Orpik with 3 games left to go in the season. Why does everyone just choose to forget that fact?

Its like when people piled on Gaborik until they found out he had a serious shoulder injury.
It'd be great if he showed it at the NHL level. And don't give me that ******** about knee on knee contact. He was invisible long before that game. He didn't look any worse during the playoffs, he remained the same.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
they probably could ... he's THAT good
No denying that, he is a heck of a defenseman but it's pretty well known he is arrogant. Maybe he doesn't gel with the locker room? Who knows, all speculation.

Closed Thread