HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
There was a thread on the main boards not that long ago that said the Devils were going after PK and then it was shortly debunked. I didn't see the kypreos stuff anywhere.
Ahh well who knows, I just posted the tweet a few pages back. May be false may not be, Kypreos isn't a rumor monger as far as I know.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
benneyb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Stepan was the captain of a US WJC Team that won IN CANADA. He led the tournament in points.

He has the "it" you are describing. He raises his game when need be. Thsi year he was obviously hurt from a knee-on-knee from Orpik with 3 games left to go in the season. Why does everyone just choose to forget that fact?

Its like when people piled on Gaborik until they found out he had a serious shoulder injury.
Beat me to it. I was gonna remind him about the WJC as well.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Svenhart2008

From Adam Rotter:

Buzz: The Flyers Are Still Talking About Rick Nash and/or Bobby Ryan–What Columbus Wants From Boston For Rick Nash
posted on June 22nd, 2012 at 4:47 pm

According to Sam Carchidi in the Philly Inquirer, the Flyers are still in discussions with Columbus about Rick Nash and they are also talking to Anaheim about Bobby Ryan.

Ryan is from South Jersey and Stu Hackel writes at SI that his family is good friends with Flyers executive Bobby Clarke.

The Flyers traded Sergei Bobrovsky to Columbus earlier today.

The Boston Bruins are not in the Rick Nash sweeps according to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.

Haggerty says that Boston was asked to part with two from the group of Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic and prospect Dougie Hamilton, along with other prospects and draft picks.

That last paragraph just shows you that CBJ management has lost it.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post
From Adam Rotter:

Buzz: The Flyers Are Still Talking About Rick Nash and/or Bobby Ryan–What Columbus Wants From Boston For Rick Nash

According to Sam Carchidi in the Philly Inquirer, the Flyers are still in discussions with Columbus about Rick Nash and they are also talking to Anaheim about Bobby Ryan.

Ryan is from South Jersey and Stu Hackel writes at SI that his family is good friends with Flyers executive Bobby Clarke.

The Boston Bruins are not in the Rick Nash sweeps according to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.

Haggerty says that Boston was asked to part with two from the group of Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic and prospect Dougie Hamilton, along with other prospects and draft picks.

Lost it? Judging by the state of that team, they never had it

Old
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
For the umpteenth time: Ryan is not worth more than Staal. It would be straight up.
Because umpteen people have no idea what the true value of defense is. It's like Pronger, when the pressure is up he doesn't let teams score. It's like 30 minutes of near guarantee shut out in the playoff season. But his trades always got knocked for the return. Staal was money despite no camp, missing a chunk of the season, struggling to find timing and form... once he found it though, shut down.

Dubinsky to Vancouver... close to home as he can get in the NHL. Contender. Not the worst scenario for him. Salary wise, and I have no idea what Van would send us, it would indicate Luongo may have a new home very soon.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
There's a problem with the Rangers that I'd like to see addressed. I'm so beyond sick of no name scabs constantly lighting us up. It really showed in the playoffs with Carkner, Konopka, Neil, Chimera, Salvador, Carter, and Gionta all registering key points against us. It happens all the time though. When we play Pittsburgh it's always Richard Park and Ben Lovejoy potting the goals. It seems to always be someone stupid against the Lightning as well.

The thing is I'm not exactly sure where the source of this problem lies, but it needs to be corrected.
Speaking strictly about the Devils here, the reason their 4th line tore us up was because we had a mediocre 3rd pairing D, we were rolling 5 D in the playoffs. Girardi and McDonagh were doing a great job against NJs big guns, but we had a completely tired out lower pair who got dominated by the Devs 4th line. Adding some depth defenseman would fix that problem in my estimation.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
kenjets - i don't agree with your assessment of Stepan at all. I do think his skating and strength needs to improve and is the single reason why he's having issues in the post-season. Through his amateur career he's been a captain or alternate on most of his teams and has stepped up big in big moments. I do not question his heart nor the "it" factor with him at all. You're just wrong. He has lost a bit of energy at the end of his first two seasons and I think that's due to the physical grind of the league and playing the Torts style. I don't think he's hit his development ceiling as a pro nor has he reached his physical peak.

As for Dubi - I will be sad to see him go. I know he had a tough year. But I think there was more going on with him physically than we knew about. He just wasn't skating at full strength the majority of the year. He had trouble keeping his feet going. I was convinced it was mental, and maybe it was. But the way Torts motivates players to want to play through their injuries, I have grown to feel like some guys played through some pretty gnarly injuries during the year. Don't tell me McDonagh didn't have some sort of concussion after that hit in the post season. I just don't buy it.
When do the excuses stop? You're telling me he didn't show up because he can not sustain a full season physically? He's not had 2 seasons on conditioning under Torts? That should not be an excuse, period. If you're limiting the sample size, for example to the last series of the season, when the Rangers had played the maximum amount of games possible and were all fatigued, I would accept that argument. But we're not. I'm talking about the last 40 games, including playoffs.

As for stepping up in big moments? He hasn't. Name me 3 moments he rose up in a deciding game and was clutch during these playoffs. I don't think there was 1 against the Devils or Senators. There might have been a game against the Capitals, but even there I'm uncertain.

He was great during the first half of the season. He has undeniable talent. Don't get me wrong. But he is not untouchable.

Old
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
From Adam Rotter:

CBJ ownership needs to stop delaying the inevitable and give Howson the Old Yeller treatment.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
Beat me to it. I was gonna remind him about the WJC as well.
That's great, and now i'm going to remind you that the WJC is not the NHL level. Call me when he puts up clutch performances in the NHL.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
From Adam Rotter:

Wow, maybe we should put Gaborik on the block if we can bring back Seguin and Lucic lol.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:00 PM
gravey9

Quote:
From Adam Rotter:

Wow, just wow. Howson is absolutely nuts. Nash is a 30/30 guy. Seguin and Lucic individually match Nash on their own. What a tool.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:00 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Subban gets so much love, but Del Zotto gets crapped on. HFBoards at it's finest.
Not a fan. Subban does impressive things, but he never manages to make the team better when he is out there. Apparently the coaches felt the same considering the benchings and scratches. You can be a cocky ****** on/off the ice, but when that attitude bleeds into your play it's a bad thing. He runs around too much trying to impress the fans with big hits.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

LOL. No ****ing way that's true! Lucic, Seguin, and Hamilton as a Base? Are you ****ing kidding me?

06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Ahh well who knows, I just posted the tweet a few pages back. May be false may not be, Kypreos isn't a rumor monger as far as I know.
Oh alright, well I trust Kypreos. Thanks for the update mate.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist 30 NY View Post
From Sports Talk AM today (NY radio show) "Brandon Dubinsky has not renewed his lease on his NYC apartment. This comes 24 hours after Dubinsky reportedly had a conference call with Glen Sather and John Tortorella according to tsn's sportscenter show this morning.

Add this to rumors that Dubinsky is on the trading block and many around the league are wondering if the Rangers informed Dubi that a deal involving the disappointing Rangers forward has been reached. "

The host said he has also read twitter reports that Dubinsky WILL be traded on draft day and a deal has been reached, supposedly with the Blue Jackets or Canucks.
I get the blues connection, they make a good trading partner. I just don't get the canucks connection, what would they have to offer for Dubi? Kassian would be nice (I know, pipedream). But realistically, Hamhuis + OR Booth?

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Not sure what he's talking about but Andy Strickland keeps tweeting that Nash to OTT is done. I haven't seen anything anywhere though.

Old
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
LOL. No ****ing way that's true! Lucic, Seguin, and Hamilton as a Base? Are you ****ing kidding me?
Wow you are crazy!!! Only two of them!

Old
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Speaking strictly about the Devils here, the reason their 4th line tore us up was because we had a mediocre 3rd pairing D, we were rolling 5 D in the playoffs. Girardi and McDonagh were doing a great job against NJs big guns, but we had a completely tired out lower pair who got dominated by the Devs 4th line. Adding some depth defenseman would fix that problem in my estimation.
This is my thinking as well.

Man it sure does drive me up the wall though!

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Not a fan. Subban does impressive things, but he never manages to make the team better when he is out there. Apparently the coaches felt the same considering the benchings and scratches. You can be a cocky ****** on/off the ice, but when that attitude bleeds into your play it's a bad thing. He runs around too much trying to impress the fans with big hits.
People want Subban because of his booming shot and physicality on the ice. Not saying i'm a fan or not but I can see why people are intrigued.

Old
DutchShamrock

Not sure Howson wants to trade Nash at all. He's asking to be bribed for Nash's services. Based on these rumors, sounds like NYR has moved on.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Svenhart2008

Quote:
Not sure what he's talking about but Andy Strickland keeps tweeting that Nash to OTT is done. I haven't seen anything anywhere though.
Hearing the same

Old
06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
More posturing this time from Howson to tell other team's to step up their offers. Ott isn't even on Nash's list. I don't even consider them a viable candidate to land him.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

WHAT? I wouldn't do Seguin straight up for Nash if I was the Bruins GM. That's pure stupidity. Lucic for Nash? Barely. Two of Seguin, Lucic, and Hamilton, (who projects to be a top D in the league.) PLUS picks or prospects? Howson really needs to take a hike. This is bordering on insanity now.

Someone said it: Howson would be great at running a circus.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
More posturing this time from Howson to tell other team's to step up their offers. Ott isn't even on Nash's list. I don't even consider them a viable candidate to land him.
Neither do I, they could complete a deal and Nash could/would veto it. That might allow Howson to drop his price though and not look so bad in the eyes of the fans. The whole ordeal is ridiculous.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
WHAT? I wouldn't do Seguin straight up for Nash if I was the Bruins GM. That's pure stupidity. Lucic for Nash? Barely. Two of Seguin, Lucic, and Hamilton, (who projects to be a top D in the league.) PLUS picks or prospects? Howson really needs to take a hike. This is bordering on insanity now.

Someone said it: Howson would be great at running a circus.
You would barely do a Lucic for Nash trade? I would do that straight up 100 times out of 100. In fact, I'd throw a parade after the trade was completed in my honor.

Closed Thread