*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 03:37 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan 19 View Post
"The Peterborough Petes announced today that General Manager David Reid has traded the 9th overall selection in the 2012 CHL Import Draft to the London Knights in exchange for the Knights 2nd round draft pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection, the Knights 4th round draft pick in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection and the Knights 7th round draft pick in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection."
Don't know if I like it or not.... But, if we pick up Beranek for no more then a 3rd. Ill be happy. Adding our 1st and 2 2nd's now to next years roster will be exciting.

Old
06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Don't know if I like it or not.... But, if we pick up Beranek for no more then a 3rd. Ill be happy. Adding our 1st and 2 2nd's now to next years roster will be exciting.
this team is set for a few years. Going to be nice to watch

Old
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
this team is set for a few years. Going to be nice to watch
Agreed, 1st next year should be a D. We could also add Stefano and Racine next year.

Old
06-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Agreed, 1st next year should be a D. We could also add Stefano and Racine next year.
hard to say what next year brings. This team is going to be hard to make next year.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Petes96

quiet on the Petes front lately. Everyone heading to Pittsburgh for the NHL draft and see what lies ahead for the import draft.

Will this be the time that Puempel gets traded?

Old
06-21-2012, 10:42 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
quiet on the Petes front lately. Everyone heading to Pittsburgh for the NHL draft and see what lies ahead for the import draft.

Will this be the time that Puempel gets traded?
Hope not.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Hope not.
might not be this weekend but it's coming unfortunately. It's a sad day in Pete's land but Puempel does not want to be here. I hope we get something really good for him

Old
06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
might not be this weekend but it's coming unfortunately. It's a sad day in Pete's land but Puempel does not want to be here. I hope we get something really good for him
I heard he had changed his mind? You can confirm he is gone?

Old
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Petes96

Quote:
I heard he had changed his mind? You can confirm he is gone?
I can confirm that the Petes have received a letter from his parents asking them to trade him

Old
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
I can confirm that the Petes have received a letter from his parents asking them to trade him
He obviously has a no trade, where do you seem him waiving it too play? Oshawa is obvious but I just don't see it happening... Kitchener? Windsor? London....................?

Old
06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
He obviously has a no trade, where do you seem him waiving it too play? Oshawa is obvious but I just don't see it happening... Kitchener? Windsor? London....................?
London would make sense since Reid seems to give his assets away for 10 cents on the dollar.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
London would make sense since Reid seems to give his assets away for 10 cents on the dollar.
As sad as it is..... Its true. Sucks to be a Petes fan these days. Miss the Staal and Downie days.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Petes96

Quote:
its going to be somewhere in the Essex area as that is where he is from. So don't be surprised if he goes to Windsor or Sarnia. Not sure Rychel would give up a huge asset but I would say it would cost him Ho-Sang to get him now or if that is not part of the deal then I'd be looking for Sanvido (who is not signed) and one of Maletta or Studnicka. But for sure Ho-Sang or Sanvido have to be part of the deal

If its Sarnia then it will cost them Hargrave. So I'm thinking it won't be them for sure. Not too sure that Reid is going to trade with London again for one of his stars unless he gets Horvat in return.

Either way Reid has to make the right deal for the team not for Puempel. I would sit him at home till he gets exactly what he wants.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
its going to be somewhere in the Essex area as that is where he is from. So don't be surprised if he goes to Windsor or Sarnia. Not sure Rychel would give up a huge asset but I would say it would cost him Ho-Sang to get him now or if that is not part of the deal then I'd be looking for Sanvido (who is not signed) and one of Maletta or Studnicka. But for sure Ho-Sang or Sanvido have to be part of the deal

If its Sarnia then it will cost them Hargrave. So I'm thinking it won't be them for sure. Not too sure that Reid is going to trade with London again for one of his stars unless he gets Horvat in return.

Either way Reid has to make the right deal for the team not for Puempel. I would sit him at home till he gets exactly what he wants.
No way Rychel parts with Ho-Sang. And Windsors building for 2014 anyways.. Sarnia doesn't make much sence cause they could be toast if Anderson, Yak or Galchenyuk don't return... I don't think you can trade first round picks either untill a certain time period... Which is not till mindway through season? Can anybody else confirm this?

Old
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Petes96

Quote:
No way Rychel parts with Ho-Sang. And Windsors building for 2014 anyways.. Sarnia doesn't make much sence cause they could be toast if Anderson, Yak or Galchenyuk don't return... I don't think you can trade first round picks either untill a certain time period... Which is not till mindway through season? Can anybody else confirm this?
and that's how long I would let Puempel sit and rot for

Old
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
aresknights

Quote:
There is also a window right before the season starts to trade unsigned first round picks. Rychel,Domi et al i believe were moved prior to season starting the last 2 years.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
cfaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
There is also a window right before the season starts to trade unsigned first round picks. Rychel,Domi et al i believe were moved prior to season starting the last 2 years.
Ho dsang is already signed

Sanvido is not eligible as a 2nd rnd

Rychel building for 2013/14 when Puempel likely gone. Why would Rychel give up a ton when he needs those assets down the road?

Not a good fit unless it is a bargain price. Puempel needs to go to a contender to get a good return. The longer he sits the lower the return becomes

Old
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfaub View Post

Rychel building for 2013/14 when Puempel likely gone. Why would Rychel give up a ton when he needs those assets down the road?

Not a good fit unless it is a bargain price. Puempel needs to go to a contender to get a good return. The longer he sits the lower the return becomes
This. Windsor makes no sence, Maybe Plymouth, Kitchener or London though.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:45 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

Clarke, Devlin and a high pick for Puempel. Get it done!!!!

Old
06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
I don't trade Clarke for one-year of Puempel. Koko if he comes back in a one-for-one would be something I'd do in a heartbeat.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:50 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I don't trade Clarke for one-year of Puempel. Koko if he comes back in a one-for-one would be something I'd do in a heartbeat.
I would. Clarke is a good mucker and grinder 3rd line guy. If you can get the former CHL rookie of the year for a 3rd line guy and a depth D you do it.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:58 PM
cfaub

Quote:
If that would get it done I would do it as well... what's the chance that would though?

If there is an affordable way to get him into a Windsor uniform, I say go for it but he will not be back for a second season as an OA so it's a big investment for a team that is banking on a single event that is in his OA year.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
If that would get it done I would do it as well... what's the chance that would though?

If there is an affordable way to get him into a Windsor uniform, I say go for it but he will not be back for a second season as an OA so it's a big investment for a team that is banking on a single event that is in his OA year.
Well Dave Reid dealt Austin Watson for Chase Hatcher and draft picks so there's at least a chance. I think there needs to be an emphasis on making a huge step this year. I think there's a better chance of that happening with Puempel in Windsor than having Clarke.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:09 PM
defensehockey19

I will stop supporting this team if Pumps is traded for Clarke... We need equal talent in return so we can attempt to contend. That's why Reid went out and got Findlay and Menard.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
SocksNjocks
Rookie User

Quote:
I will stop supporting this team if Pumps is traded for Clarke... We need equal talent in return so we can attempt to contend. That's why Reid went out and got Findlay and Menard.
I like what Dave Reid has done with his OA situation so far. Pumps is staying put

Closed Thread