HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part VIII: The Ballad of Ricky (and) Bobby

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
benneyb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
CBJ ownership needs to stop delaying the inevitable and give Howson the Old Yeller treatment.
It's reached the point of absurdity with Howson. Its cringe-worthy - every demand we see is more ridiculous than the one before.

I can't imagine he's employed there much longer.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:07 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I get the blues connection, they make a good trading partner. I just don't get the canucks connection, what would they have to offer for Dubi? Kassian would be nice (I know, pipedream). But realistically, Hamhuis + OR Booth?
Heard about a souring on Kessler. Not putting stock in rumors, but maybe? I'm not a proposal guy, not sure how much more would have to be added to Dubinsky to finish that deal. A lot more I'd suspect, a lot. Dubinsky and Stepan, probably enough. Salary works, upgrade at 2nd line Center.

Two Ranger draft picks there, I'm about to get scolded.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Heard about a souring on Kessler. Not putting stock in rumors, but maybe? I'm not a proposal guy, not sure how much more would have to be added to Dubinsky to finish that deal. A lot more I'd suspect, a lot. Dubinsky and Stepan, probably enough. Salary works, upgrade at 2nd line Center.

Two Ranger draft picks there, I'm about to get scolded.
If we got Kessler for Dubi, Stepan, and a 1st i'll be doing backflips.

edit: Spoiler, I can't do backflips.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:09 PM
nsvoyageurs

I would like to think that throwing out Yandle possibly to the Rangers is just a smokescreen to get the price lower from another team. Adding him makes no sense, if they do, they had better be something else involved. He had a bad year, and I don't like the cap hit. If they bring in Yandle to trade Staal (in a different deal), that would be a big mistake, as it would weaken the NYR defensive end of the ice.

There are very few players I'd trade Staal for (only Stamkos, Malkin, a healthy Crosby, top 2-3 pick in the draft to select a top high end forward; and not much if anything else, and those deals are not happening), and Ryan and Nash are not among them. I'd send MDZ to, say, Edmonton, (or to any team needing an offensive defenceman), and they have some good young forwards and early draft picks. Tampa would be a good destination also.

If Dubinsky is dealt (it's just about a forgone conclusion he will be at some point this offseason); I wish him the best, he was a great Ranger, hopefully they can add something that helps the team by dealing him. What would they can back from Vancouver if he's dealt there?

I'd rather deal Dubinsky and MDZ for younger assets, both for keeping or to flip down the road. When you trade for veterans, you can't completely empty the cupboard, you'll need young players down the road. Yes this team is in a win now mode, but you want to be a contender every year, not just go for a once in a while shot. You'll need young cheap players, especially since the next in the near future is likely to go down.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Glad I got my hearty laugh in for the day. Howson is a mad man.

They need to put him down.

06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Glad I got my hearty laugh in for the day. Howson is a mad man.

They need to put him down.
They'll make an HBO special about it, just like Barbaro.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
If we got Kessler for Dubi, Stepan, and a 1st i'll be doing backflips.

edit: Spoiler, I can't do backflips.
I'd trade stepan 10 times outta 10 for Kessler.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
benneyb

Quote:
That's great, and now i'm going to remind you that the WJC is not the NHL level. Call me when he puts up clutch performances in the NHL.
You did make some valid points up-thread, but I think you are just being a bit too hard on a young guy still developing. He does need to improve his skating/speed, if possible, and get a bit stronger. That said, I noticed a significant improvement in his battle level along the walls, and some improvement in his ability to win pucks in the playoffs.

Plus, he did get that hatrick in his first game - that's kinda clutch.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Lundsanity30

coming up at the top of the hour.....

The Rick Nash decision special.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

I can't believe what CBJ is asking for.

He's nuts.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
azrok22

Two of Seguin/Lucic/Hamiton, plus?

Howson obviously does not want to trade Nash and is just going through the motions so he can claim that he tried to Nash and his agent. No one in a position of power can be so oblivious to actual trade value.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

So Strickland got his Nash to Ottawa info from a fake Dreger account... lol.

Old
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsvoyageurs View Post
I would like to think that throwing out Yandle possibly to the Rangers is just a smokescreen to get the price lower from another team. Adding him makes no sense, if they do, they had better be something else involved. He had a bad year, and I don't like the cap hit. If they bring in Yandle to trade Staal (in a different deal), that would be a big mistake, as it would weaken the NYR defensive end of the ice.

There are very few players I'd trade Staal for (only Stamkos, Malkin, a healthy Crosby, top 2-3 pick in the draft to select a top high end forward; and not much if anything else, and those deals are not happening), and Ryan and Nash are not among them. I'd send MDZ to, say, Edmonton, (or to any team needing an offensive defenceman), and they have some good young forwards and early draft picks. Tampa would be a good destination also.

If Dubinsky is dealt (it's just about a forgone conclusion he will be at some point this offseason); I wish him the best, he was a great Ranger, hopefully they can add something that helps the team by dealing him. What would they can back from Vancouver if he's dealt there?

I'd rather deal Dubinsky and MDZ for younger assets, both for keeping or to flip down the road. When you trade for veterans, you can't completely empty the cupboard, you'll need young players down the road. Yes this team is in a win now mode, but you want to be a contender every year, not just go for a once in a while shot. You'll need young cheap players, especially since the next in the near future is likely to go down.
You are trading MDZ who is what? 21? 22? ... or younger assets...? This site is starting to seep into your brain ;-)

Old
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenhart2008 View Post

The Boston Bruins are not in the Rick Nash sweeps according to Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.

Haggerty says that Boston was asked to part with two from the group of Tyler Seguin, Milan Lucic and prospect Dougie Hamilton, along with other prospects and draft picks.
Now I've seen it all.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
coming up at the top of the hour.....

The Rick Nash decision special.
If that were the case wouldn't it be a Howson decision special? An hour dedicated to him trying to decide which pair of socks to wear.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
You would barely do a Lucic for Nash trade? I would do that straight up 100 times out of 100. In fact, I'd throw a parade after the trade was completed in my honor.
Factoring in the contracts and the physical element of Lucic's game, I'd say he's more valuable than Nash.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Riverdale

Howson has got to be punking everyone...

Old
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
If that were the case wouldn't it be a Howson decision special? An hour dedicated to him trying to decide which pair of socks to wear.
sorry, meant to add starring Scott Howson.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
ANd then stopping for a second to think. Before turning to his buddy and saying "I'll give you these socks?"

"Really? What do you want for them?"

"Everything."

Old
06-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
I mean either he has it or he doesn't. He doesn't just disappear for the playoffs he disappears for the end of the season in general. Don't get me wrong, put him on a line with Kreider and I think we'll have instant chemistry, but I don't think he can be considered an untouchable. He's not a 1st line center and it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to develop into one.

There's a difference between untouchable and not wanting to trade. I don't want to trade Stepan but I don't think he should hold up a deal for someone who will keep an opponents defense at bay during the playoffs either.
That's exactly the way I feel and the sentiment of many fans that I know personally. Stepan has a very high hockey IQ, is a very good passer and I believe he's smart enough to know that it is vitally important and it will take hard a lot of hard work for him to improve his skating, strength, endurance and stamina.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Now I've seen it all.
Not yet.

Soon enough we'll see Howson turn down Crosby, Malkin, Letang, 3 first round picks, and Lemieux's hair gel for Nash.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by benneyb View Post
You did make some valid points up-thread, but I think you are just being a bit too hard on a young guy still developing. He does need to improve his skating/speed, if possible, and get a bit stronger. That said, I noticed a significant improvement in his battle level along the walls, and some improvement in his ability to win pucks in the playoffs.

Plus, he did get that hatrick in his first game - that's kinda clutch.
I think i'm just being misunderstood. I like Step. I think he'll play extremely well with Kreider. I just don't think he should be a dealbreaker.

As for those who don't like the idea of Anisimov as our 2nd line center, Anisimov was head and shoulders more noticeable than Step. Crashed the boards better, made smarter plays, provided more offense and played better defense than Stepan throughout the entire playoffs. Not saying Ani would cut it but I think people are still grossly under rating him.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Not yet.

Soon enough we'll see Howson turn down Crosby, Malkin, Letang, 3 first round picks, and Lemieux's hair gel for Nash.
At this point Sather has to pull all of the stops. Make a call to Kate Upton and tell to take one for the team.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Lundsanity30

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
Fake tweet had me reach out to #sens GM Bryan Murray who says he hasnt even talked to #CBJ today

Old
06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Not yet.

yeah haha wouldn't be surprised. I mean how, with a straight face, do you say "Seguin" and then follow it by "and-" ? i mean.

Closed Thread