HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v19: off-season '12 - Landry Fields agrees to offer sheet (3 years, 19 million)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Swervin81
No Honour for Connor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't think Robinson gets past Golden State. They do have some bigs, but none of them are sure things to be productive over the long haul. Robinson would give them a proper frontcourt anchor.
Don't they have a 1st overall pick in their front court ... oh wait, he got traded.

Old
06-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Kb21

and this is why i was hoping the spurs would of beat OKC, i knew OKC was to young and inexperienced. i knew their coach would not know what to do in the finals vs a team that has been there the season earlier.

the spurs IMO had the coach, team, players, bench and experience to beat a team like the heat. they were just unfortunate to play another young power house team like the grizzlies the year before.

Old
06-21-2012, 11:46 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

RANT:

I hope Bosh enjoys being the flat tire of a third wheel that he was to get his championship.

When I saw his disproportionately small, grinning pinhead I wanted to reach into the TV nether-verse and grab his scrawny, disrespectful, injury-prone, giving-up, bi-atch faker, neck and squeeze as hard as I could.

Enjoy your ring Bosh. Just remember you got as an "after thought" as opposed to being the "Go-to-guy" like you would have been here.

POSER!!!!!!!

LeBron can P/O too. Arrogant, self serving, god complex, pos.

Happy for Wade, Haslem. etc.

As for Bosh again, he is just the last in a long line of star atheletes that show this town no respect, showing his true pos colours. So...(If I wrote what I wanted it would never pass the mods.)

End Rant.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
RANT:

I hope Bosh enjoys being the flat tire of a third wheel that he was to get his championship.

When I saw his disproportionately small, grinning pinhead I wanted to reach into the TV nether-verse and grab his scrawny, disrespectful, injury-prone, giving-up, bi-atch faker, neck and squeeze as hard as I could.

Enjoy your ring Bosh. Just remember you got as an "after thought" as opposed to being the "Go-to-guy" like you would have been here.

POSER!!!!!!!

As for Bosh again, he is just the last in a long line of star atheletes that show this town no respect, showing his true pos colours. So...(If I wrote what I wanted it would never pass the mods.)

End Rant.
Wades the biggest douchenozzle on that team. **** Wade I hate his fake tough guy swag. As for Bosh. I don't even care that Bosh won. Move the **** on.

Also I'm kinda actually happy LeBron won. I'm not his biggest fan and I'm not a supporter but people need to get off his back the 'decision' happened over a year ago. Christ, it's not a matter of if he was going to win a championship, but when? He's still the best basketball player in the world and has the entire world scrutinizing him and he won.

On Durant crying. I don't think any broadcast crews should shoot the players going back to the dressing room, in a Finals deciding game.. Like, the ****? They are pampered rich and famous millionaires so you can't feel sorry for them, but it's still an emotional time and if you show them like that it's just more fodder for the masses to sling. Durantula is a warrior **** the haters.

But mostly I'm just happy for the vets. Sure they rode on the coattails of the big 3 but they can retire now on top. That's Juwan Howard, Shane Battier and Mike Miller.

Grats to Joel Anthony too! Go Canada!

Lil OT: But I heard rumours, according to Eric Smith, that Steve Nash has his teams down to 3 and the Raptors are the frontrunners to sign him to a 3 year. The other 2 teams are Portland and Phoenix.

Last edited by Hyperglide: 06-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old
06-22-2012, 12:20 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
I'm just happy to say I've been around for MJ, Kobe, and Lebron. Can't wait to see what Durant has in store for us.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:33 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

There are two things I hate about the Heat winning:

1) this validates LeBron's ego. The biggest problem I've had with him is that he behaves with the emotional maturity of a whiny emo teenager when people dislike him. He gets called out for not winning last year and out comes the "I'm still me, you have to wake up and go back to your lives" comment. People question his toughness and his willingness to win and whatnot and he bawwwwls and cries about all the "haters" (detest that word and all its done to convince people that nobody can ever be mad at you/dislike you for a reason). Makes his stupid, arrogant "not 6, not 7, not 8" championships speech when he joins the Heat and wonders why people laugh when they lose the finals.

He has absolutely no sense of how he projects in the real world, which is exceptionally stupid when he seems to care so much about said projection. I just wanted him to keep getting a few pegs knocked out until he finally understood the reason. Now he's just going to wave his ring in everyone's faces and go "nah nah, I was right. suck it."

2) This is going to push the "big 3" model even farther. It's a potential death knell for every market that's not LA, New York, Miami, or Boston. Yeah, OKC has its core now, but that won't last much longer as contracts start running out. Every team that's not those markets is going to have to pray for hte OKC model though: that they can snag a generational talent (Durant), and 3 or 4 complementary elite pieces (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka) and then pray they can shoot up the charts and capture a title before the inevitable dismantling.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
06-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
I don't think Robinson gets past Golden State. They do have some bigs, but none of them are sure things to be productive over the long haul. Robinson would give them a proper frontcourt anchor.
Reason I think Waiters is due to Curry's injury. With Bogut and Lee in their front court, they need depth more than anything. Curry's ankle will never be completely healthy, and Waiters give them a player who can not only score but also dish out to teammates.

God I'd love to feel what a Raptor championship feels like in my lifetime. But knowing our luck, we'll pick more Araujo's.

06-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Eytinge

Happy for Bosh, and if you watched Miami at all this postseason you know he was missed dearly versus the Pacers and Celtics.

He's the only likable one of the big three, and I don't blame him for leaving (I just wish he joined a team like Chicago where he'd get more credit).

Old
06-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Swervin81
No Honour for Connor

If there is a bright side to this, at least the insufferably horrible LeBron jokes stop.

As far as the big 3 goes, you can't despise Bosh nearly as much as Carter, Wade is a bit of an ass, and as far as LeBron's whole "decision" thing goes, from what I've read and heard, it wasn't actually his own idea.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

I am happy for Lebron but he couldn't win on his own. He had to form a trio of stars to win a title. Miami won over OKC simply because they wanted it more. Can they repeat? It'll be hard, but knowing OKC will learn from this - they'll better team for it. Now I wish the Raptors to improve this season so I can see them in the damn playoffs.

Quote:
This is going to push the "big 3" model even farther.
100% agree. The NBA is screwed. Egos will take over, and you'll see more whiny players want to move to bigger markets. Lebron started the trend... he really wanted to win that title badly.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 06-22-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: merge
Old
06-22-2012, 10:51 AM
SpeakerForTheDead

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
I am happy for Lebron but he couldn't win on his own. He had to form a trio of stars to win a title. Miami won over OKC simply because they wanted it more. Can they repeat? It'll be hard, but knowing OKC will learn from this - they'll better team for it. Now I wish the Raptors to improve this season so I can see them in the damn playoffs.

100% agree. The NBA is screwed. Egos will take over, and you'll see more whiny players want to move to bigger markets. Lebron started the trend... he really wanted to win that title badly.
People keep saying this about Lebron, that he couldn't win on his own, but what player has ever won on his own? Every championship team has been made up of 2-3 star players

Old
06-22-2012, 11:08 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
People keep saying this about Lebron, that he couldn't win on his own, but what player has ever won on his own? Every championship team has been made up of 2-3 star players
Its not so much that he didn't win on his own.

It's the fact that the best player in the NBA left his own team to join one with star players on it. Guys should be coming to him.

It's like if Durant up and left Okc to
join the Mavs with Dirk and co.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:16 AM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Its not so much that he didn't win on his own.

It's the fact that the best player in the NBA left his own team to join one with star players on it. Guys should be coming to him.

It's like if Durant up and left Okc to
join the Mavs with Dirk and co.
That I can understand being frustrated with, a star should stick with his team. But, I just can't hold it against him cause the Cavs were a disaster of a team with long-term contracts given to average players like Mo Williams and Varajao. Lebron saw that the chances of him winning there were minimal and he was a free agent and took his chance to find a better fit for himself.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Quote:
There are two things I hate about the Heat winning:

1) this validates LeBron's ego. The biggest problem I've had with him is that he behaves with the emotional maturity of a whiny emo teenager when people dislike him. He gets called out for not winning last year and out comes the "I'm still me, you have to wake up and go back to your lives" comment. People question his toughness and his willingness to win and whatnot and he bawwwwls and cries about all the "haters" (detest that word and all its done to convince people that nobody can ever be mad at you/dislike you for a reason). Makes his stupid, arrogant "not 6, not 7, not 8" championships speech when he joins the Heat and wonders why people laugh when they lose the finals.

He has absolutely no sense of how he projects in the real world, which is exceptionally stupid when he seems to care so much about said projection. I just wanted him to keep getting a few pegs knocked out until he finally understood the reason. Now he's just going to wave his ring in everyone's faces and go "nah nah, I was right. suck it."

2) This is going to push the "big 3" model even farther. It's a potential death knell for every market that's not LA, New York, Miami, or Boston. Yeah, OKC has its core now, but that won't last much longer as contracts start running out. Every team that's not those markets is going to have to pray for hte OKC model though: that they can snag a generational talent (Durant), and 3 or 4 complementary elite pieces (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka) and then pray they can shoot up the charts and capture a title before the inevitable dismantling.
1.) Lebron James is the definition of self-centered, ungrateful, and POS. When I think of Lebron James, I think of the John Goodman Tranksgiving reference on Family Guy.
2.) I fully heartily agree with that. David Stern is running the NBA into the ground. Everyone needs to stop watching basketball, buying team merchandise, and associating with the NBA in all forms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
RANT:

POSER!!!!!!!

End Rant.
My thoughts exactly. He is so self absorbed that it is disgusting. The NBA is a joke nowadays with all these egoistic, disrespectful, ungrateful, arrogant players. This isn't basketball anymore. It's hilarious to see Bosh thinking he was a big reason for the victory, it was all James and Wade. Congrats to everyone apart of the Heat organization not named Chris Bosh and Lebron James.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Nazem Bozak

people saying LeBron is self centred and has a big ego are probably Kobe fans, which kobe is a bigger ass. and out of the 3, in LeBron, Jordan , Kobe. LeBron is probably the most humble. but hey haters going to hate. and I'm not even a LeBron fan. please saying he cant win by himself? the only people i remember not wining without stars around them is Hakeem and Dirk.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:32 PM
MrLegend28

Anyone who seriously hates on lebron should probably never watch another basketball game. Youre probably the same people who were happy for wife beater Jason kidd winning, or a fan of Metta "world peace" who punched a fan.

Let's not forget Jordan, he def won on his own...with Pippen/Rodman, 2 HOF'ers, among others..

Give credit where credit is due. Lebron is allowed to leave. He put up with 7 of his years in Cleveland carrying that team. Lebron is literally the best ever lol. Only Lebron could turn a 60+ win team to a #1 pick team (when jordan retired, the bulls still played well and Pippen almost won the mvp). Its insane what he brings to a team.

Old
06-22-2012, 02:33 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

That was one of the better NBA Finals in a few years.. Will likely happen a few more times within the next decade or so.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Eytinge

How was Bosh not needed again? They struggled heavily trying to play with Turiaf/Joel Anthony. I know we're supposed to hate him but he is a legitmate member of the big three and their only big man threat.

I'm just wondering why he's ok with playing center for the Heat and was vehemently against the idea in Toronto.

Old
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
How was Bosh not needed again? They struggled heavily trying to play with Turiaf/Joel Anthony. I know we're supposed to hate him but he is a legitmate member of the big three and their only big man threat.

I'm just wondering why he's ok with playing center for the Heat and was vehemently against the idea in Toronto.
All three guys had to go back to the drawing board at the end of last year.. Chris realized it was a sacrifice that had to be made in order to win a championship..

Old
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
MrLegend28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
All three guys had to go back to the drawing board at the end of last year.. Chris realized it was a sacrifice that had to be made in order to win a championship..
the biggest sacrifice was Wade moving over and letting lebron take over like he should of last year.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ts-affects-cap

Jeremy Lin was among a group of players that an arbitrator ruled were entitled to Bird Rights as free agents. So basically it means the knicks will gladly be able to sign him to a big contract and not worry so much about cap ramifications.

it also means that the Raptors can forget about if if they were entertaining any ideas about signing him. I'm very thankful for that.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:16 PM
MrLegend28

Quote:

Jeremy Lin was among a group of players that an arbitrator ruled were entitled to Bird Rights as free agents. So basically it means the knicks will gladly be able to sign him to a big contract and not worry so much about cap ramifications.

it also means that the Raptors can forget about if if they were entertaining any ideas about signing him. I'm very thankful for that.
the talk is Toronto is a front runner for Steve nash anyways.

Old
06-22-2012, 05:29 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:

Thank god, that would've been a huge mistake. Danger avoided!

Old
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
the talk is Toronto is a front runner for Steve nash anyways.
not letting myself get excited about that prospect.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Speculation of Nash's shortlist is that it includes 3 teams : Portland, Phoenix and Toronto.

I thought there would be a contender listed some where there...

Closed Thread