HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2006, 04:25 PM
ReLyT

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Even still so most people think Sergei will most likely be back in London... barring an incredible camp?

Old
04-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT
Thank you... I was correct the whole time... to everyone who made lil remarks about me knowing my stuff...
I haven't see anyone making any "ill remarks", so I have no idea what you are talking about.

In any case, I agree with Freaky Habs Fan: I doubt Kostitsyn will make the jump to the AHL next year. In London, he will be able to log tons of minutes while playing in all situations. In Hamilton, he would have to face older and thougher opponents while fighting for a spot on one of the top line. The kid is good, but lets not get carried away. He would learn a lot being the goto guy for a team like London.

Old
04-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Even still so most people think Sergei will most likely be back in London... barring an incredible camp?
I don't think another year of junior will hurt him. Generally, the players that skip to the AHL are players that are considered gifted offensive prospects. As surprisingly well as S.Kostitsyn has played and produced this year, I don't think he's a can't-miss prospect or especially gifted offensively.

If he shows a lot more in camp and gains more weight then he could surprise. But right now I think heading back for another year in junior would not be a bad decision.

Old
04-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Assuming Sergei is indeed eligible to play in Hamilton next year, IMO, the decision may come down to whether or not brother Andrei makes the big club out of camp.

If Andrei starts the year in Hamilton, I could see Sergei being assigned there to play with him. If Andrei is in Montreal, I'd bet on Sergei going back to London.

Old
04-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Habs13

I'd rather see him play in the CHL and the AHL the year after just because we're so full witg good forward prospects that it'll be some time before theres room for the kid. I really want to see a Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kostitsyn line though!

Old
04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Assuming Sergei is indeed eligible to play in Hamilton next year, IMO, the decision may come down to whether or not brother Andrei makes the big club out of camp.

If Andrei starts the year in Hamilton, I could see Sergei being assigned there to play with him. If Andrei is in Montreal, I'd bet on Sergei going back to London.
This is exactly what i've been saying to everyone, that it has alot to depend on where his brother is... They are very close and when Andrei was in Hamilton he made hi sway down to London a couple times...

Old
04-08-2006, 04:53 PM
knight44

Quote:
London isn't a powerhouse this season... I didnt know one line makes you a powerhouse... Since he is a european player he can play anywhere Montreal wants him to next season... what does everyone else think? He's been great all playoff long so far...
The Knights arent a 1 line team, their second line is pritty deadly with Kostitsyn and Perry on it. Foreman, Beaulieu, Kell, Drummond also show promise on the other lines. (Even though Foreman gets alot of playing time on the 2nd line). The Knights arent the odds on favorite to win the memorial cup this year like last year but they are the favorites to win the OHL title agian. Another thing the Knights wont be a great team next year but they wont be a bottom feading team either, with the young D-core they got i dont think they will get worse on Defense. Forwars will take a huge hit when Schremp, Bolland, Hunter leave but Foreman, Beaulieu, Kell, Drummond, Perry, Kostityn will step up (not to mention who the Knights draft in the draft and the import draft where they got kostityn last year.

Old
04-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
Perhaps we have the answer to your dreams! May I present... the montreal-signal! The habs boards own private calling card for our fearless caped crusaider!
I just hope for his sake he'll be wearing pants to go with that cape or he'll get arrested before getting the chance to come and rescue us poor souls. You know, a half naked man with a Habs cape running around downtown Montreal kind of draws attention. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Old
04-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
Yeah, just to shovel some of my own confusion onto this topic, I thought the rule was that if you are drafted out of the CHL, no matter your nationality, then you are bound to the 20 year old rule. I didn't think it applied to a Euro drafted out of a Euro league who then plays one season in the CHL as an 18 year old.

(Maybe that's exactly what you meant?)
Thanks for clarifying, I think this is indeed what I had heard. Makes sense anyway.

Old
04-08-2006, 05:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

As far as I know once you play for the CHL you can't play in the AHL till your 20 but I could be wrong since it's not something that happens often. Ivan Khomutov I don't know too much about but he did turn 20 last year, don't know what the story is with him. Off hand I can't think of any other Euro's that played in the CHL and then the AHL at 19 at least not any Habs.

Either way I would guess that Kostitsyn will be back in London, although if they got Grabovsky signed and Andrei didn't make the Habs right off the bat, I would love to see a Kostitsyn Grabovsky Kostitsyn line!

Old
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight44
The Knights arent a 1 line team, their second line is pritty deadly with Kostitsyn and Perry on it. Foreman, Beaulieu, Kell, Drummond also show promise on the other lines. (Even though Foreman gets alot of playing time on the 2nd line). The Knights arent the odds on favorite to win the memorial cup this year like last year but they are the favorites to win the OHL title agian. Another thing the Knights wont be a great team next year but they wont be a bottom feading team either, with the young D-core they got i dont think they will get worse on Defense. Forwars will take a huge hit when Schremp, Bolland, Hunter leave but Foreman, Beaulieu, Kell, Drummond, Perry, Kostityn will step up (not to mention who the Knights draft in the draft and the import draft where they got kostityn last year.

I like what I saw from Kell, Drummond last night and Perry I've heard good things about same with the Syvret. What's the goaltending going to be like next year?

Old
04-08-2006, 07:40 PM
MEGALINSKY

Quote:
What? Me saying it isn't good enough? European players have a seperate ruling on age limits... Kostitsyn as an '87 CAN play in the AHL next season because he is european born... Latendresse as a '87 CANNOT play in the AHL next season because he is a North American...

For an example just look in the AHL there is a ton of '86 european players in there... heck there's a few '87's in the AHL now... Nicklas Bergfors is one...

Just cause a guy has less then 200 posts he doesnt know his stuff?
sorry relyt, what i should have asked was "can anyone ELSE confirm whether he can or can't play in the ahl." all's i wanted to do was get other people's opinion on the subject at hand. i don't base all my decisions on one posters opinion...

Old
04-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Toro

I believe another year in london would be my choice. He will be the goto guy, yada yada. you know

We have lots of guys for hamilton. Sergei can wait his turn at this point i guess. But in the end, its up to Gainey.

I think the guy will be good just a feeling. it would be great to have a dynamic duo(brother combo) lighting it up for the Habs

Closed Thread