Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I'm fairly certain this is the first time in history someone has successfully made progress in correcting a repeat spelling/grammar issue on the internet. It's not fixed, but it's happening less and less and I'm amazed that's even possible.
We'll win this battle eventually! I've noticed the progress as well... We're going to be the first board in HF history to eliminate that mistake!

Old
06-22-2012, 12:51 AM
MK9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Future Wild play-by-play guy giving an homage to his predecessor and showing off his great Draft mind.
Jesus Christ on a crutch. How? How the hell is it this state is so hockey centric yet outside of Russo, none of the local TV / radio dopes have any...ANY clue about what the hell goes on anywhere close to something resembling a sheet of ice.

I'd love for there to be more keyed in hockey talk in this town. Newspaper, radio, TV. But, not one of the local guys is anyone I want to hear talk about it. Just drives me nuts.

Old
06-22-2012, 07:11 AM
AnimalMother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
Jesus Christ on a crutch. How? How the hell is it this state is so hockey centric yet outside of Russo, none of the local TV / radio dopes have any...ANY clue about what the hell goes on anywhere close to something resembling a sheet of ice.

I'd love for there to be more keyed in hockey talk in this town. Newspaper, radio, TV. But, not one of the local guys is anyone I want to hear talk about it. Just drives me nuts.
Because Minnesota pro hockey teams have sucked for the most part. The North Stars were never good (not counting their Stanley Cup run in 1991) and the Wild have pretty much followed in their path: skinflint owner, poor drafting and a GM that couldn't find his ass with both hands and a flashlight.

IF (and it's a big IF) this new ownership and GM can put a winner on the ice consistently, there may be a shift in the press coverage. Hopefully the Wilfs will stick with Frazier and Spielman and they'll run the Vikings into the ground, and it's not a question of if but when Taylor and Kahn will do something stupid to derail the Timberwolves, and this may speed up the process...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
**cough**re-sign**cough**
! I am ashamed...

Old
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post

It's something that personally bugs the **** out of me too. Think it's time one of these days to my money where my mouth is and actually do something.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-22-2012, 12:01 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
It's something that personally bugs the **** out of me too. Think it's time one of these days to my money where my mouth is and actually do something.

Sat mornings on the fan Beyond the pond is a good start, MN needs ALOT more like that show. And a slotted daily puck show with some of the states hockey minds.

I hate it, despise actually, when one of the dopes on there now temp to talk puck, most of whom are non native (meaning they couldn't care less about the sport and it shows).

Old
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
Sat mornings on the fan Beyond the pond is a good start, MN needs ALOT more like that show. And a slotted daily puck show with some of the states hockey minds.

I hate it, despise actually, when one of the dopes on there now temp to talk puck, most of whom are non native (meaning they couldn't care less about the sport and it shows).
Agree x1000

No wonder other fans from around the world of hockey think we're inbred backwoods yeehaws... seeing almost all of our hockey media people is enough to make you just bury your head in some hole.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah draft day and they talk about three Minnesota kids who aren't anywhere near the top 20.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:27 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Yeah draft day and they talk about three Minnesota kids who aren't anywhere near the top 20.
I just met your boy Rubio at the Charity Classic last week, good guy! (i'm not a basketball guy) but he was awesome with the people who were there to meet him for the event. I got a couple great pics if you want them (I took a ton of pics for the gals who ran the event).

Old
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
LordFletcher

I would hate to see Seto get traded to Pitt.

He would shine and all would be jealous watching him score 30+

Old
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
DR wanted to make a splash, it's just thr his version of a splash is a 30 foot belly flop.

What would you guys say to

7th
Seto to pit

Staal
Pit 1st to Minnesota
I made almost this exact proposal about a month ago (minus Pitt's 1st). Staal would be an excellent fit here in Minnesota and I'd still do it in a heartbeat if I thought we could lock him up BUT he's really been making a lot of noise about Carolina. I'd wouldn't touch this deal unless we had some confirmation that Staal would sign here long term.

Old
06-22-2012, 01:23 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
I would hate to see Seto get traded to Pitt.

He would shine and all would be jealous watching him score 30+
Agreed. Next season there won't be so much for him to handle, as the team gets better and I think he'll get better as well.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Wonder what Carolina wants for Eric Staal?

Old
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Couple firsts and Granlund.

Old
06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Couple firsts and Granlund.
Probably woulda been... 7th... Granlund and Coyle...

Way to steep for us..

Old
06-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Just perfect

Closed Thread