HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Allen called up

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 06:37 AM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
Bobby Allen called up

This sucks for the Oilers. As if the defence wasn't bad enough. Hopefully Brewer doesn't miss more than a couple.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:40 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
This sucks for the Oilers. As if the defence wasn't bad enough. Hopefully Brewer doesn't miss more than a couple.
Allen has been excellent for the Roadrunners this year, and he is also their captain.

No he isn't a #2 defencemen, but he can fill in as a #5 or 6 and the Oilers won't be hurting in that respect.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:10 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Allen has been excellent for the Roadrunners this year, and he is also their captain.

No he isn't a #2 defencemen, but he can fill in as a #5 or 6 and the Oilers won't be hurting in that respect.
What does this mean for roster spots? Sarno down for room for Oates. Now Allen, does this mean no Oates?

Old
11-28-2003, 07:33 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
What does this mean for roster spots? Sarno down for room for Oates. Now Allen, does this mean no Oates?
Brewer is hurt

Old
11-28-2003, 07:35 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Brewer is hurt
I thought there were rules about how many players you can have active. Was Brewer put on IR, if so I missed it.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
I thought there were rules about how many players you can have active. Was Brewer put on IR, if so I missed it.
He hasn't been placed on IR yet.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:04 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
He hasn't been placed on IR yet.
So....Sarno being sent down actually made room for Allen on the roster, so if Oates is going to play tonight, they have to put Brewer on the IR list (or send someone else down)? Is that about it?

Bart

Old
11-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Walsher

I have heard excellent things about Allen and am excited to see what he offers. Brewer was doing nothin and we all could see that - Frankly I don't think this hurts the team all that much. Semenov will now draw in full time which to me is not much of a down grade if he plays up to potential.

Old
11-28-2003, 10:20 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
So....Sarno being sent down actually made room for Allen on the roster, so if Oates is going to play tonight, they have to put Brewer on the IR list (or send someone else down)? Is that about it?

Bart
From TSN "Activated center Adam Oates; assigned left wing Tony Salmelainen to Toronto (AHL)."

Old
11-28-2003, 10:20 AM
serum114

Salmo was sent down when Allen was called up. Sarno and Salmo OUT, Oates and Allen IN, Brewer still active, just not playing.

Hopefully that means it's just a day-to-day thing.

Old
11-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Asiaoil

I like Bobby Allen a lot - plays a simple no frills game, can skate and make a decent outlet pass. Minimal offense, no crushing checks - just quietly effective. That's all you want from your 5/6/7 dmen and I think he will stick for a long time once he starts playing. Think of him as Scott Ferguson but with talent - because that's who he's going to replace.

Old
11-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Asiaoil

Yikes 1000 posts I need a life Go Oil

Old
11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Semenov will now draw in full time which to me is not much of a down grade if he plays up to potential.
I can't help but think the Oilers are extremely "lucky" that these injuries have happened. Without the injuries to Laraque and Reasoner, who knows if Stoll would have gotten the shot he has had so far. And he's certainly performed well.

Now with Semenov drawing in for Brewer, now maybe he gets the time he needs in order to keep him in the lineup instead of being yanked for 6-7 games after playing just one.

It's a shame to think Stoll and Semenov could still be sitting the pressbox without so much as 5 games between them.

Old
11-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Calnes

will allen be playing, or is he just up in the pressbox, just wondering

Closed Thread