HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft: Part 2

Old
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Michalek was terrific in Phoenix before, so I can see why the Coyotes would want him back. Especially if all they had to give up was a 3rd and two mediocre prospects.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Per his one-on-one with Vogel, Wilson works out with Biosteel (Matt Nichol and Gary Roberts). Me like.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Yeah, but the Yotes were already dealing with a logjam even before this move. I think both Gormley and Goncharov are NHL ready. Not that you dump good NHLers to make room for prospects, but between that and the ever-present budget concerns...
I thought Goncharov was the one who many consider to not be NHL ready. I think it's a good move for the Coyotes.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:21 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Great draft day. Ribeiro, Forsberg, and Wilson. Great job GMGM. Finally made a ballsy trade for a team need!

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I thought Goncharov was the one who many consider to not be NHL ready. I think it's a good move for the Coyotes.
Thought I remembered reading from a scout that they might specifically need to make room for him sooner rather than later, but even if so that's just one scout's opinion. Might very well be true, and I agree getting Michalek back for a price like that is great. I was just surprised based on what I'd been reading.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
If you could see my face in that Nickleback advertisement, I think i would sue to be bleeped out.
Or you could have just not gone to a Nickleback concert to begin with, which would have been the much smarter decision...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

And that Michalek deal seems clearly cap space oriented for the Pens. If they don't land a big fish, it's not particularly good for them.

All the more reason to go after Suter and Parise, George. Keep them away from Shero.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:24 PM
pman25

God nothing was better than McPhee throwing up his hands, telling Pittsburgh to go **** themselves and then saying it again by taking the player they should have taken. Like a boss. Straight motha-****ing boss

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Ovechtrick89

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman25 View Post
God nothing was better than McPhee throwing up his hands, telling Pittsburgh to go **** themselves and then saying it again by taking the player they should have taken. Like a boss. Straight motha-****ing boss
Just watched it over again, the dude straight up owned that pick

Ovechtrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:27 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
And that Michalek deal seems clearly cap space oriented for the Pens. If they don't land a big fish, it's not particularly good for them.

All the more reason to go after Suter and Parise, George. Keep them away from Shero.
There's another guy out there that I'm pretty scared of signing with Pittsburgh. And I think he's well within their reach if they want a scoring winger.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:28 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

I hate this crap about Crosby and Parise and St Mary's. Oh Parise knows Crosby from there, they are best friends!

Uh are ****ing kidding me? Crosby came after Parise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
There's another guy out there that I'm pretty scared of signing with Pittsburgh. And I think he's well within their reach if they want a scoring winger.
Ovechkin wouldn't stand for it, Sasha knows if he goes there, Ovechkin is gonna lay him out every game.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:29 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Meh. I'd rather them sign him than someone who's more productive and has 12 times the work ethic and grit.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Ovechtrick89

vCash: 405
Quote:
Surely not Nash? He ain't all that.

Ovechtrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Per his one-on-one with Vogel, Wilson works out with Biosteel (Matt Nichol and Gary Roberts). Me like.
Total lax bro vibe. He's going to be Brad Tolliver's favorite player.

Serious question, does anybody know what the hell is up with Forsberg blinking so much?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Capitlols

Heh. Missed the part of Bob McKenzie's analysis of Forsberg where he said Tom Wilson got into it with Forsberg pregame at the Ivan Hlinka tourny.

Capitlols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:40 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

I didn't see what peoples reaction for the Wilson pick was, but did anyone else think that the Wilson pick was Hunters BS influence?

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:41 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Went on twitter hiatus at 7pm considering I was at work and wanted to enjoy it DVRd however the fast forward button got some fair use, lol. Didn't think ahead and realize the NHL Network was the overflow. Getting rusty in my old age and even setting up the DVR was wondering how the first round was only 2 hours on NBC SN.

No brainer for the Forsberg pick. Enjoyed the the camera on the cap deliberating...GMGM sitting back for a while but towards the end of the video jumping in. Honestly have not paid too much to the pro-ported top 5. Did have the opinion that Forsberg seemed like he might have lacked a little puck skills that hight but seems like a power winger. Looks like he's slender so could put some good weight on that frame.

Wilson..interesting pick. For me seemed like a bit of the roll of the dice pick. Wonder if landing Forsberg at 11 feel they can make a bit of a gamble. Don't get me wrong the gladiator in everyone of his reading about Wilson before the draft had a secret wish for this pick, heh. Even if he doesn't develop into a top 6 PF looks to at least be a 3/4th liner.

06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
amjay13

that was a great trade for phoenix

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM
amjay13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman25 View Post
ain't no dobut about it......just when you think ole gmgm is gonna fail, he totally redeems himself!

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Capitlols

"We didn't expect Forsberg to be there at all. So we were delighted to be able to take him, because in most mock drafts we had done and where our scouts had him was way up high," general manager George McPhee said. "Sometimes that happens in a draft; a good player falls because everybody's sort of zoned in on a certain guy and people were going after defensemen and drafted a lot of good defensemen. So we focused on mostly defensemen. So when we got there, we thought, 'Geez, we've got to switch gears here a little bit; this guy's a really good player, let's take him.' "

Interesting.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Capitlols

"Dale liked him a lot. Dale was over this morning, we talked a lot about him. What we liked about him is he scored before he got to junior," general manager George McPhee said. "He's played a couple years of junior now, he's been on Team Canada's clubs overseas. In the playoffs this year, a couple guys got hurt, they moved him up the lineup and he responded with seven goals. There's a chance he can be a pretty effective player. We get a guy that can play, and he's tough, too, it's a harder and harder thing to find in our league now. But this guy might be able to do it."

Old
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
ForzaItalia

Pens have $14.6 million of cap space. They're going all in for Parise and Suter.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Pens have $14.6 million of cap space. They're going all in for Parise and Suter.
21 teams have more cap space than that.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
21 teams have more cap space than that.
They also didn't just make a salary-dump trade.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:05 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's true that the Pens are not alone in having cap space, but they clearly want to blow up their defense after a terrible year for the corps. They certainly aren't finished. So I can see the link to potentially swinging another deal for Yandle or more likely, sending a solid offer to one or both of Suter / Parise.

Traded the wrong guy, mind you. I like Michalek. There just isn't any interest at all in Martin or his contract.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote