HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 10:53 PM
bmw2004

vCash: 500
So, I guess we should not expect any major trades from the Rangers anytime soon?

Old
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
I hope we don't make a bad reaction move if the Pens and Flyers get their guys. Imagine if Sather gave in for Nash, damn.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
We keep arguing over the same stuff man ... I am not going to see it your way and you will not see it mine lol.
I guess we'll have just to agree to disagree haha.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:55 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Trading Stepan for Ryan ... in theory sounds great ... but we are giving up something we lack already (FWD depth, especially at C) for another FWD.

What you WANT to do is trade from strength (defense) and also move money (Dubinsky) and build around that.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
I hope we don't make a bad reaction move if the Pens and Flyers get their guys. Imagine if Sather gave in for Nash, damn.
depending on what Howson wants (does he even know lol), I think Kreider + dubinsky + a prospect would HAVE to do it. but who knows? and IF that happened (only because Philly got Ryan and Pens get parise), I'd have to swallow it and we'd still have a superstar talent in nash.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:56 PM
bmw2004

Question: why would Parise chose Flyers over the Rangers? If its true.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
IF .. big if ... Parise goes to Pitt and Philly lands Ryan ... we may be "LUCKY" to get in as the 7/6 seed.
nahhh lets get 8th then win the cup

Old
06-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Trading Stepan for Ryan ... in theory sounds great ... but we are giving up something we lack already (FWD depth, especially at C) for another FWD.

What you WANT to do is trade from strength (defense) and also move money (Dubinsky) and build around that.
I don't think we really lack forward depth as much as having someone on the bottom 6 who can actually score goals. if we got ryan (even moving stepan), Hagelin gets pushed to the 3rd line and maybe even Callahan. That gives you possible scoring on 3 lines. I do agree we would be short on centers though.

Old
06-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I still say put Stepan in a deal for Ryan. I have a feeling Dubinsky will bounce back, and we can try him or Anisimov on the 2nd line Center for a while and see how it goes. and make a huge pitch for Schultz.

Ryan-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-UFA?
Prust-Boyle-Rupp

Mcdonagh/Girardi
Staal/Del Zotto
Schultz/Stralman?
7th D.

I think thats a championship contending team. and if Dubi or Anisimov don't work out as the 2nd line center, maybe find something at the trading deadline
That lineup simply doesn't have the center depth to contend. Stepan should be totally untouchable unless a center is coming back.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Question: why would Parise chose Flyers over the Rangers? If its true.
Ryan, not parise. People on here are scared the Pens are gonna make a big run at parise.

Though if we moved Dubinsky, we'd have probably more than Pittsburgh (if we don't already) to offer parise. If its JUST money, Rangers have a good shot.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:01 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
that lineup simply doesn't have the center depth to contend. Stepan should be totally untouchable unless a center is coming back.
bingo!

Old
06-22-2012, 11:03 PM
NikC

if all else fails we can make a pitch to Semin. Despite a down year the guy is 30+ goal scorer.

Trade Duby for Ott, and move Boyle down.

package AA with a prospect and either sign another wing or depth defenseman.

Just improve weaknesses and keep getting stronger.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That lineup simply doesn't have the center depth to contend. Stepan should be totally untouchable unless a center is coming back.
Than you guys can forget about getting any legit scoring threat such as a Nash or Ryan. When you get a superstar you have to give up something that hurts.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
if all else fails we can make a pitch to Semin. Despite a down year the guy is 30+ goal scorer.

Trade Duby for Ott, and move Boyle down.

package AA with a prospect and either sign another wing or depth defenseman.

Just improve weaknesses and keep getting stronger.
everyone will tell you semin is the "antithesis" of this team's identity and a headcase. but you know what? on a one or two year deal MAX, I'd be inclined to try it.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:10 PM
jerseyjinx94
I jinx players.

Quote:
Than you guys can forget about getting any legit scoring threat such as a Nash or Ryan. When you get a superstar you have to give up something that hurts.
Anson Carter for Jaromir Jagr

Old
06-22-2012, 11:11 PM
gravey9

For those of you who keep saying trade Stepan and put dubinsky as the second line center. there are two problems with that:

1 - Dubinsky is NOT a puck distributor. He is a good 3rd line center or a good 2nd/3rd line winger because of this. The only time in his career he was effective as a scoring line center was playing briefly with Jagr. But Jagr was the puck distributor on that line who could create his own offense. Putting Dubi with Ryan or Nash potentially makes those players less effective and you could actually end up making the trade a wash (as Stepan only had 10 fewer points than Nash or Ryan).

2. Financially, you wouldn't want to keep Dubinsky's salary and add Nash. Not even sure you'd want to add Ryan's salary without finding a new home for Dubi - merely because we have a lot of our own players to sign next off-season and Dubi is the likely odd man out at that point as well. So, you really can't depend on Dubi for that spot. Really, you'd have to think that Anisimov is a legit #2C waiting in the wings. It doesn't sound like the Rangers are convinced yet that this is the case. Therefore, trading Stepan and NOT getting a legit #2 C back means you will have that hole for the foreseeable future and you will be forced to watch Stepan grow into a 60+ point man on another squad for a looong time. Unless of course, you're pairing it with another BIG deal for a #2C. If you don't believe me, look up the Ridley, Miller for Carpenter trade and see how that worked out.

3. The only trade where you could start to consider giving up Stepan would have been the Jordan Staal trade. And that's only if you're convinced you're getting a legit #2C back. As of now, J. Staal has yet to fully prove he is a #2. I think he will prove to be, but we will know for sure after this season.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Giving up something that hurts is one thing. Losing a piece we'll probably be worse without is another animal entirely.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
So, I guess we should not expect any major trades from the Rangers anytime soon?
This is what I think. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon IMO. And I still believe Nash is going to be a Ranger before next season.

Howson cannot continue on like this. I don't expect Nash to sit through all of this ********, then say "oh well" around training camp and report like a good soldier.

Nash wanted this done quietly, and that clown Howson has made this nothing short of a circus. Sooner or later Nash and his agent will become more assertive/vocal.

His crazy trade demands will have to go down, whether it's because of a dwindling market (after July 1 with Parise signing somewhere, if Ryan gets moved, etc.), or because Nash becomes more vocal/sits out camp.

I'm very doubtful of a Ryan deal solely because our package will center around Stepan. Stepan for Ryan is a stupid move, plain and simple.

I think in mid-late July we get Nash for a package of Dubi, MDZ, Miller, Thomas, and a first. Something along those lines.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:31 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Giving up something that hurts is one thing. Losing a piece we'll probably be worse without is another animal entirely.
I agree with this.

Which is why I'm against a trade for Ryan.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Staal said he was unhappy in Pittsburgh yesterday.

He got traded.

Nash was unhappy at the trade deadline.

He's still in Columbus.

When is Howson going to realize that he'll need to find a bigger idiot than himself to actually meet his lunatic demands?

I mean....2 of Seguin/Lucic/Hamilton +?

Can't imagine talking with this fool on the phone.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post

He got traded.

He's still in Columbus.

When is Howson going to realize that he'll need to find a bigger idiot than himself to actually meet his lunatic demands?

Howson=herpderp. "I want all your players for this one."

Old
06-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Howson=herpderp. "I want all your players for this one."
Howson probably wouldn't give Nash up for Lundqvist, MCD, Kreider, Staal, Cally, and our first rounder. I understand not wanting to give up your franchise player for peanuts, but the player is unhappy, wants out, and Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton + is very far away from peanuts.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:

He got traded.

He's still in Columbus.

Sooner than later now. After the first few days of free agency, it will only be a matter of time.

Like I just said, now that the deadline and draft have passed, and the UFA scramble will be over soon, he will have to lower his demands.

The longer the wait, the better for us IMO. He gets more desperate, we can explore other options, and Nash gets more pissed.

I don't think it's his personality or way of doing things, but for him to get moved, he's going to have to start being a p---k. More vocal in the media, have his agent put more pressure on, sitting out camp (if this lasts that long), etc.

It sucks it's going to have to go down like that, but when you have a complete ass-clown running the show in Howson, this is what it's going to take.

Not one GM in the league is going to give up what he wants. Not one.

We're not giving up Kreider or McD, sharks aren't giving up Couture, etc.

The rumored asking price of Dubinsky and a combination of Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, McDonagh, Del Zotto and possibly two first round picks should be fine.

Dubi+MDZ+Thomas and a 1st rounder is something I could live with. I think we'll get him for less.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:06 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Howson probably wouldn't give Nash up for Lundqvist, MCD, Kreider, Staal, Cally, and our first rounder. I understand not wanting to give up your franchise player for peanuts, but the player is unhappy, wants out, and Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton + is very far away from peanuts.
That's ludicrous. Lindros-esque to be honest.

How is this guy a GM in the National Hockey League?

Old
06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
How is this guy a GM in the National Hockey League?
Pretty much what every one is wondering at this point.

Closed Thread