HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2012 NHL ENTRY DRAFT THREAD: 10AM Rounds 2-7| 35th overall | IV | TBD

Old
06-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
2012 NHL ENTRY DRAFT THREAD: 10AM Rounds 2-7| 35th overall | IV | TBD

Continue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Sort of. From what I remembering watching Murphy was that he was an offensive juggernaut but the problem was his defense, size and strength. I am sure he has made some adjustment but I can't say as I haven't been able to follow the rangers as much.

Rielly is similar in that aspect of offensive creativity, and skating but greater in strength. His high IQ helps him out on his defense more than anything, as he needs to work on that. Murphy might need a season in the AHL before he hits the bigs unless he surprises at training camp. While Rielly needs a year in the Juniors probably for development purposes and then can make jump, although I'd say its safe he can be in the AHL due to our defensive depth.
Regarding Rielly - Murphy Comparison.

06-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Continue here.

Thanks for the reply, I remember hearing about the offensive skills that Murphy had and it makes me excited to hear that Rielly has the high IQ to back him up on the defensive side.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

I don't think we're going to regret passing on Grigorenko or Forsberg at all with Rielly.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
Thanks for the reply, I remember hearing about the offensive skills that Murphy had and it makes me excited to hear that Rielly has the high IQ to back him up on the defensive side.
Np.
Murphy was also a great skater in the OHL too so yea I do see the resemblances you are mentioning.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
I don't think we're going to regret passing on Grigorenko or Forsberg at all with Rielly.
Same here, he oozes talent and potential so I am very happy with this pick. I am sad as many due to us not being able to pick up the center spot but there are more than one way to fix such a problem.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

I am calling it now, were either getting Sissons or Bozon at 35th pick, mark my words.

and really hope somehow Marcantouni ends up in Leafs jersey, exact high end boom type prospect that if panned out could become future 1st liner in the mold of Tyler Seguinor 3rd liner at worst a la Mason Raymond with more complete game.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:11 PM
PasDaSquini

We had 3 needs going into this offseason; #1 centre, #1 goalie and a first pairing puck moving defender. We drafted the defender(maybe not for next year but definitely in the next 2 years) we now need the #1centre and goalie. I am optimistic about the offseason, cannot wait till July 1st.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
I am sad as many due to us not being able to pick up the center spot but there are more than one way to fix such a problem.
lol and what are those ways, realistically

i am coming to grips with the fact that while burke is here we will not have a num. 1C or num. 1G, for better or worse (mostly worse)

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Same here, he oozes talent and potential so I am very happy with this pick. I am sad as many due to us not being able to pick up the center spot but there are more than one way to fix such a problem.
Yeah really hoping Burke finds a way to address our need down the middle. We're not getting in the playoffs or going deep into them with Bozak as our number one C.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:19 PM
BertCorbeau
Yelling at clouds

Kerdiles please.

BertCorbeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
I am calling it now, were either getting Sissons or Bozon at 35th pick, mark my words.

and really hope somehow Marcantouni ends up in Leafs jersey, exact high end boom type prospect that if panned out could become future 1st liner in the mold of Tyler Seguinor 3rd liner at worst a la Mason Raymond with more complete game.
I like matia alot and have been touting him for a while but he has a lot lot of defensive game to work on. He's also more close to Lombardi due to his skating just blows everyone away. However his skill hasn't caught up fully although he could be someone AMAZING if he puts it together.

I can definitely see Sisson being in that list, I am still hoping for FRK though, skill with fieriness to boot. Maiden (untapped offense). Bozon definitely is intriguing though.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Yeah really hoping Burke finds a way to address our need down the middle. We're not getting in the playoffs or going deep into them with Bozak as our number one C.
whoever we drafted for C wouldn't of been our #1 guy for 3 years anyhow.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
lol and what are those ways, realistically

i am coming to grips with the fact that while burke is here we will not have a num. 1C or num. 1G, for better or worse (mostly worse)
We have recently seen how a depth of a team can help another team get a first line center in Carter, Richards, Staal(more second line really unless he proves it in Carolina) and so on. There are always ways. Even Ribeiro who is a so so or a 1B center was traded for a second round pick and eakin(who I am not high on).
Quote:
Definitely. So Duchene is ours then :p

Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
sgupca

I'd love to see Frk at 35 but i dont see us grabbing him.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Im Old Gregggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post

i was very high on mattia up until his injury i was thinking he could be a top 15 pick (ironically in the range his teammate faksa - a riser - went)

I WOULD LOVE for use to grab a later 2nd or early 3rd to grab marcantouni, i was really impressed with his hustle and skill with the rangers

Im Old Gregggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:34 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Didn't Burke say he's targeting goaltending or a power forward at 35? I'm going to guess Kerdiles or Sissons if they're available at 35.

Old
06-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
I like matia alot and have been touting him for a while but he has a lot lot of defensive game to work on. He's also more close to Lombardi due to his skating just blows everyone away. However his skill hasn't caught up fully although he could be someone AMAZING if he puts it together.

I can definitely see Sisson being in that list, I am still hoping for FRK though, skill with fieriness to boot. Maiden (untapped offense). Bozon definitely is intriguing though.
Marcantouni is a fearless skater with powerful stride, loves to drive the net, hits a ton(something Lambo wouldn't be able to do to save his life) and he is got great strength. The problem with hm is his mental side of the game where he is still very weak but if he can figure that part of the game out, he is going to be a force to reckon and his hype at the beginning of this years draft was just as any top forwards aside from Yakupov and Galchenyuk.

Agreed on Sissons, I have been high on him for a long time, could end up being ROR 2.0 and he seems NHL ready.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertcorbeau View Post
kerdiles please.
yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Lebanese Leaf

I want Collberg.

Lebanese Leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:41 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:
Continue here.

A little OT, but I went to school with Ryan Murphy. I use to pass by him in the halls all the time on the way to class (we're a pretty small school of about 600 kids). My friend even had his locker right beside his. He graduated last year.

Alex Peitrangelo is also an alumni of our school and still visits often. One of our P.E. teachers also trains prospects in the area. He trained Murphy, Pietrangelo, and Luca Caputi.

We also have Wendel Clark's and Kris King's (who is a close friend of mine) kids attending our school. Lots of hockey connections at our school even though its pretty tiny. Just thought i'd share.

GoHardSports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMarleauLeafs View Post
A little OT, but I went to school with Ryan Murphy. I use to pass by him in the halls all the time on the way to class (we're a pretty small school of about 600 kids). My friend even had his locker right beside his. He graduated last year.

Alex Peitrangelo is also an alumni of our school and still visits often. One of our P.E. teachers also trains prospects in the area. He trained Murphy, Pietrangelo, and Luca Caputi.

We also have Wendel Clark's and Kris King's (who is a close friend of mine) kids attending our school. Lots of hockey connections at our school even though its pretty tiny. Just thought i'd share.
sounds pretty cool dude!

Old
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
AtotheT
Sick, Wicked & Nazty

Hoping one of these players make it to 35:

Lukas Sutter (Center - Saskatoon)
Oscar Dansk (Goalie - Sweden)
Nicolas Kerdiles (C/LW - US U-18)

Good night!

AtotheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
Kerdiles would be my top pick at 35 if he's available.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I want Collberg.

same here,

but his first name really has worried me, sebastain.

sounds silly but, i had a friend named sebastain this year, he did something soo bad to me this year, it was sad

anyways thought id share that but other then that id love to get him.

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

I was really hoping we will somehow get teravainen with another 1st, the hawks got themselves a nice steal.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote