HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hawks - Jets Blockbuster

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2012, 11:49 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
haha..... no chance on God's green earth.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:32 AM
ronnyweed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
haha..... no chance on God's green earth.
The earth is mostly blue

Old
06-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
First off I will say I am not a fan of either team but thought it would cool to see this if this type od trade could go down in the sense that Jets could get the Hometown boy Toews, which would be awesome and perect Winnipeg.

acquire
- Alexander Burmistrov
- Ondrej Pavelec
- Tobias Enstrom
- 1st in 2012

in return get
- Jonathan Toews
- Nick Leddy

Why Hawks make this trade? Well, since they have converted Kane back to C position and are in a dire need of legit #1 Goal-tender, they go out and get exactly that from the Jets as the main piece coming back who I easily can be signed by the along with a very solid young and upcoming C in Burmistrov( who in my opinion is a lower version of Toews), a top-pairing D-man to shore up the 2nd pairing and build up a possible top d-core if Suter indeed signs here and they also receive a high top pick to strengthen the future.

Why Jets do this? Since it no secret that negotiations with Pavelec is not looking sharp, Jets get a player who they could easily count on to help solve out multiple of their problems and a true franchise #1 C that they are sorely lacking, toews would be a perfect player for the Jets, great two-way play, captain material, home-town-born, a force on every situation on and off the ice. There would not be a better fit for the Jets then Toews, IMO. they also get a potential top-pairing and great complement tp Bogosian in Leddy.

Discuss.
That package wont even get you leddy alone

Old
06-23-2012, 01:26 AM
MurrayBannerman
The Portents

vCash: 1062
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is seriously the worst offer I have ever seen.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:34 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhawk View Post
Didn't they just have snow in Winnipeg last week?

That's one reason he may not want to move back there full time.
Last week? Try three months ago. The weather in Winnipeg has been great this summer. I'd say you should be embarrassed for making up ridiculous claims like that but certain types of people are not capable of feeling embarrassment for being outrageously wrong. I'll leave it at that.

Old
06-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
I think the Jets would have to give up pretty much anything even considered valuable to get Toews, and as an organization, Winnipeg would be down the drain if they were to try and get Toews.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
06-23-2012, 03:15 AM
blueandgoldguy

As stated by another poster, that trade leaves to many trades on the Jets' roster, but I don't think the Hawks do it anyways.

IT sould get quite interesting a couple years from now though...

Hawks are tied into several long-term contracts with Sharp, Hossa and Seabrook.

They need to sign Hjalmarsson and Bolland to new contracts in 2 years..probably with substantial raises.

Patrick kane will also be due a substantial raise in 3 years once he becomes a free agent..

The team desparately needs a second-line center and depth on their bottom 6..

Even without much depth past their top 2 lines, Chicago is a near-cap over the next several seasons..giving out $4 million per season to the likes of Johnny Oduya certainly doesn't help their situation.

I could see the Hawks being outbid by another team (like the Jets) for Toews' services in 3 seasons due to certain financial constraints they have placed upon themselves with some of their contracts. Maybe the GM will decide to pursue depth, with a greater emphasis from the second-line on down with smaller contracts, rather than spend over 8 million per season on one player.

Remember when your best player left in 1972 Hawks fans? I'm sure most of you thought it could never happen then (for those who are old enough to remember that of course). Just as I'm sure most, if not all of you, think your current best player will not leave the city once his contract expires in 3 seasons. However, history sometimes has a way of repeating itself.

Last edited by blueandgoldguy: 06-23-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: grammar
Old
06-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Remember when your best player left in 1972 Hawks fans? I'm sure most of you thought it could never happen then (for those who are old enough to remember that of course). Just as I'm sure most, if not all of you, think your current best player will not leave the city once his contract expires in 3 seasons. However, history sometimes has a way of repeating itself.
Yep.

Some of the Chicago fans seem to not realize that the second he is able, as soon as his season is finished, Toews is on his way back home, to Winnipeg. He may work in Chicago at current but his home is here.

We can just revisit this in a few years time.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 06-23-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old
06-23-2012, 09:45 AM
TopT

[QUOTE=Lupes;51237805]If that's the case, then I guess this thread end here cuz Toews may just be the most overrated player in the league if u aren't considering taking guys like Malkin, Stamkos, Quick over him. To me Toews has similiar if not lower value then a guy like Kopitar.[/QUOTE]

and Kopi is also 100% untouchable

Old
06-23-2012, 10:20 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Are you kidding me? Toews isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't even give up Kane for that package.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Yep.

Some of the Chicago fans seem to not realize that the second he is able, as soon as his season is finished, Toews is on his way back home, to Winnipeg. He may work in Chicago at current but his home is here.

We can just revisit this in a few years time.

I've seen him out on Hubbard street during the offseason so that isn't entirely correct. The endorsement opportunities would be better for him in a big market and Winnipeg isn't that far from Chicago so traveling home is only a couple hours on a plane.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:25 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post

Here we go.

Toews would be the 3rd line center on the Pens.
There is no denying that for sensible fans, but he is the captain of our first cup team in half a century. I would even have a tough time giving him up for Malkin, even though Geno is a better player.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:27 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Looks like discussion halted and all we have is a battle on the internets. Locked.

Closed Thread