HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

PHI/CBJ: Bobrovsky Traded for 3 Picks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
  #226
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I was actually just being a moron, pay me no mind haha. Zherdev + Markov = Zharkov.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
  #227
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,612
vCash: 6115
Great trade by Holmgren. Not sure why Bob's trade value was any more than a 2nd round pick, let alone two more picks. I would have been satisfied if they got a 3rd.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
  #228
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
I really liked BOB and always found myself really pulling for him whenever he got the nod to start.I am actually happy for him to get a shot with another club where the media microscope will not be as intense which just might put him in a situation where he can really hone his skills and become a real force in the nets.BOB is a heck of an athlete and has all of the physical skills to become a regular starter in this league .....Wish nothing but the best for the lad !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  #229
Bort Sampson
Registered User
 
Bort Sampson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hammock District
Country: United States
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Was sad for Bob, really happy for him now.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:50 PM
  #230
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I really liked BOB and always found myself really pulling for him whenever he got the nod to start.I am actually happy for him to get a shot with another club where the media microscope will not be as intense which just might put him in a situation where he can really hone his skills and become a real force in the nets.BOB is a heck of an athlete and has all of the physical skills to become a regular starter in this league .....Wish nothing but the best for the lad !
Well said. He and Mason will push each other to be better, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bob grab the starting job. I'm also glad he gets a shot at the job.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:11 PM
  #231
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
If Bob goes on to have a solid career and Bryz is a Fyz.....oh boy.....but we made our bed with Bryz and Bob couldn't develop properly here and he is not backup material. He needs to start...he'll have that opportunity in Columbus no doubt. I suppose he'll be looking for good steaks in Ohio now...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:33 PM
  #232
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,596
vCash: 500
Good trade for both sides despite popular opinion. We Philly fans know what Bob is capable of. Sad to see him go as he is one of my favorites. I'll continue to cheer for him.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 05:50 PM
  #233
AtlasRust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Now flip JvR, our 1st, and the 45th to the Leafs for 5th overall + Schenn, and draft Reinhart.

AtlasRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
  #234
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Good trade for both sides despite popular opinion. We Philly fans know what Bob is capable of. Sad to see him go as he is one of my favorites. I'll continue to cheer for him.
ditto.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
  #235
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 11,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
If Bob goes on to have a solid career and Bryz is a Fyz.....oh boy.....but we made our bed with Bryz and Bob couldn't develop properly here and he is not backup material. He needs to start...he'll have that opportunity in Columbus no doubt. I suppose he'll be looking for good steaks in Ohio now...

this is what im truely braced for.. down the road when bob is stellar and Bryz continues to flounder..

the first meeting of the year vs. CBJ, i bet BOB goes lights out on us...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:19 PM
  #236
Icedog2735
Registered User
 
Icedog2735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
If Bob goes on to have a solid career and Bryz is a Fyz.....oh boy.....but we made our bed with Bryz and Bob couldn't develop properly here and he is not backup material. He needs to start...he'll have that opportunity in Columbus no doubt. I suppose he'll be looking for good steaks in Ohio now...
Or what if Bob never gets past Mason for the starting job and Bryz becomes the #1 that we expected him to be. We got three draft picks for a goalie who was never going to be a #1 for our team. I think it's a good move.

Icedog2735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 07:42 PM
  #237
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog2735 View Post
Or what if Bob never gets past Mason for the starting job and Bryz becomes the #1 that we expected him to be. We got three draft picks for a goalie who was never going to be a #1 for our team. I think it's a good move.
I see Bob as a starter regardless...how good he'll be..well has to be better than Mason....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:46 PM
  #238
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,377
vCash: 500
Good for Bob he gets to play, sorry, it's for Columbus

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
  #239
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
I see Bob as a starter regardless...how good he'll be..well has to be better than Mason....
they'll somehow find a way to ruin bob. that team is horrible. mason should've been sent back down for more seasoning and to take pressure off him after he started to crumble a year and a half ago but they just kept trying to grind him out and at this point i think he's ruined. i wish bob luck though.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:01 AM
  #240
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 2146
I liked Bob, but we got way more for him than we should have. I hope this also is a sign we're not trading for Nash, as if we still after him and knew that they were interested in Bob we would have used him for that deal. The deal was worth it alone for putting my mind at ease about the Flyers trying to get Nash.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:03 AM
  #241
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I liked Bob, but we got way more for him than we should have. I hope this also is a sign we're not trading for Nash, as if we still after him and knew that they were interested in Bob we would have used him for that deal. The deal was worth it alone for putting my mind at ease about the Flyers trying to get Nash.
I'm thinking this might be the result of a failed attempt at getting Nash, but that's pure speculation and I don't really have anything to back up this opinion.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:07 AM
  #242
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,770
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
this is what im truely braced for.. down the road when bob is stellar and Bryz continues to flounder..

the first meeting of the year vs. CBJ, i bet BOB goes lights out on us...
I remember Cechmanek shut the Flyers out the first time he faced the Flyers with the Kings.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:25 AM
  #243
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 107,612
vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I remember Cechmanek shut the Flyers out the first time he faced the Flyers with the Kings.
Martin Strbak's first 2 NHL goals and only lasted 2 more games before being traded.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:49 AM
  #244
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Damn I would have loved to see Bob backup Brodeur next season and then take over the year after.. I still remember seeing his first preseason game and going "Wow! This guy I've never heard of looks amazing".. But I guess our teams never trade on principal

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
  #245
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 500
SOlid

Good for both sides.

Why hold onto a player who would only play 15-20 games this season and be gone for nothing next year?

3 picks are a real solid return, Bob gets a chance to develop into the starter he could possibly be, and Columbus improves their goalie situation significantly without giving up any roster players.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:29 AM
  #246
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 500
Homer mentinoed Leights in the draft day interview.... as backing up Bryz..... F Me....... Nooooooo!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
  #247
flyerfanish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Homer mentinoed Leights in the draft day interview.... as backing up Bryz..... F Me....... Nooooooo!
Yeah I heard that too... It's the only thing i remember from that interview lol..
no more MFL please

flyerfanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:27 PM
  #248
rban*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Three picks for BOB? We picked his pocket again.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:18 PM
  #249
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,487
vCash: 500
4 of Columbus' scouts were fired after the draft yet Howson is still employed. Unreal.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:36 PM
  #250
FlyerSithLord
Registered User
 
FlyerSithLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tinicum
Country: United States
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
A very solid management of assets. They got great value for a young goaltender with upside, but no future here with Bryzgalov signed long term.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.