HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL ENTRY DRAFT THREAD: 10AM Rounds 2-7| 35th overall | IV | TBD

Old
06-23-2012, 08:12 AM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
whoever we drafted for C wouldn't of been our #1 guy for 3 years anyhow.
Ding ding ding. Exactly

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Colton Sissons. That is all....well unless we can dump LACK (Lombo and Komi preferably) for some late 2nd rounders/3rds.

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:34 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Kerdiles please.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:49 AM
MoeMoney

Boston Snapping Up Subban Really Bothers Me

Not only do they have Rask, who should have been staring for the Leafs since last year, they drafted the next top goalie that will be ready to take over in 3 years. He has the vertical and reach of an NBA player, hes more athletic than most goalies out there, and hes a special prospect that will undoubtedly become a starter in goal, the comparisons to Price are not off base. What position do the Leafs need the most? How difficult would it have been to get another first rounder around 25 and draft him, let him develop, and then bring him on board when hes ready to take over from whatever journeyman the Leafs will have in goal at that time?

How do you let that opportunity go? Burke and his staff are as near sighted as can be. Pisses me off that Chirelli who rarely botches a 1st round pick, drafts a goalie the day Tim Thomas says he will have his no-trade clause, wasted no time in setting up the future, and we have a GM whos been here for 5 years now and is wasting his time with Reimer, Scrivens, and acquiring an aging veteran with a 10 year contract. Missed the mark so hard on this one its annoying.

MoeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Who cares. Rielly is better than any Bruins Dman not named Chara.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:54 AM
SprDaVE

What's with the whining this morning?

Unbearable.

Boston could always use a few more bandwagon fans.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Crazy Vaclav
Put it in H

All those 20+ other teams are morons

Crazy Vaclav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
ITM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
Not only do they have Rask, who should have been staring for the Leafs since last year, they drafted the next top goalie that will be ready to take over in 3 years. He has the vertical and reach of an NBA player, hes more athletic than most goalies out there, and hes a special prospect that will undoubtedly become a starter in goal, the comparisons to Price are not off base. What position do the Leafs need the most? How difficult would it have been to get another first rounder around 25 and draft him, let him develop, and then bring him on board when hes ready to take over from whatever journeyman the Leafs will have in goal at that time?

How do you let that opportunity go? Burke and his staff are as near sighted as can be. Pisses me off that Chirelli who rarely botches a 1st round pick, drafts a goalie the day Tim Thomas says he will have his no-trade clause, wasted no time in setting up the future, and we have a GM whos been here for 5 years now and is wasting his time with Reimer, Scrivens, and acquiring an aging veteran with a 10 year contract. Missed the mark so hard on this one its annoying.
I was bothered by it as well, but not because the Leafs didn't draft him at 5 (If the chance arose to swap 11 and 15 with Washington, we could have conceivably ended up with Forsberg and Subban, however...), I prefer Reilly there. No, I'm more upset that Boston has taken at F,D and G, in the last three Entry Drafts, the best available players at their respective positions, and they're all, all three, native Torontonians.

Ouch.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:

It would be very difficult to draft him at 25; as you suggested... seeing as he went 24th......

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
dubey
So hot right now

Sue them

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
despotic

I actually like it. 2 brothers playing for the 2 biggest rivals in hockey .... Makes for a good story at least

despotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:02 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Who cares. Rielly is better than any Bruins Dman not named Chara.
Dougie Hamilton looks pretty damn good. Hopefully Rielly will be better though

And to OP I would have liked to grab Vasilevski, or Subban, but who knows what the price was to move up. Maybe we will be able to grab Dansk today.

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:06 AM
JumboJoe19
Hank027

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsky View Post
who cares. Rielly is better than any bruins dman not named chara.
lol wow

JumboJoe19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Of course it does. I'm sure the Staal trade does too. I bet the Bobrovsky trade even irked you a little bit. Jesus.

Diamond Joe Quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by despotic View Post
I actually like it. 2 brothers playing for the 2 biggest rivals in hockey .... Makes for a good story at least
What? You like the fact that the Leafs two biggest division rivals are getting better and we stand pat? Not a Leafs fan are you?

Old
06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
despotic

Quote:
What? You like the fact that the Leafs two biggest division rivals are getting better and we stand pat? Not a Leafs fan are you?
Actually, there is a big chance that one of them bolts to play with the other. I didnt want to have this possibility happen to us

And we have by far the best defence of the 3 going forward so I wouldnt call it standing pat by any stretch of the imagination

despotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:09 AM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Of course it does. I'm sure the Staal trade does too. I bet the Bobrovsky trade even irked you a little bit. Jesus.
No actually those trades didn't irk me, hence why I never started a thread on them because I know that it was not possible to acquire Staal, I'm realistic in that I understand the Leafs don't have the assets to pull off a deal like that. They can't match the young talent Carolina gave up.

What does irk me is how easy it was to aquire a pick in that range, set us up in the future in goal, and how we let it get away, to Boston nonetheless. Jesus indeed.

Old
06-23-2012, 09:11 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 740
Annoying thing about day 2 is it's hard to hear the picks becase the nhl network guys are always talking about random crap

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:11 AM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by despotic View Post
Actually, there is a big chance that one of them bolts to play with the other. I didnt want to have this possibility happen to us
Huh? P.K is not leaving MTL they're locking him up long-term and he's a long-term star in the making for them, and you think that Malcolm has a high possibility of bolting when? His 3 years in Junior? When his ELC expires, I don't understand what you're trying to say here, there is no such high possibility of any of this occuring.

Old
06-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Pyromaniac3

It's not like he had a choice of getting Subban but he missed it. To move you need additional assets other than 35th overall. It would most likely require a roster player which is incredibly foolish.

Quote:
What does irk me is how easy it was to aquire a pick in that range, set us up in the future in goal, and how we let it get away, to Boston nonetheless. Jesus indeed.
Since when is moving up easy?

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Andrew Mack

If we don't trade down, which is a big possibility, we are sitting in a great spot to possibly draft Aberg, Collberg or Finn. If we get any of those three we have brought a lot of potential to the system at this draft, very exciting.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mansfield
possession obsession

Statistically, drafting a goalie in the first round is a waste of a pick. I'm more than happy we didn't go there, and I'd be disappointed if we drafted a goalie before the fifth round today too.

So let boston use their pick on subban....

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Huh? P.K is not leaving MTL they're locking him up long-term and he's a long-term star in the making for them, and you think that Malcolm has a high possibility of bolting when? His 3 years in Junior? When his ELC expires, I don't understand what you're trying to say here, there is no such high possibility of any of this occuring.
I think he's suggesting both will start up the negro hockey league (like the WHA) and be the only 2 players on one team and will win the championship every year, it's pretty clear when you read his post in between the lines.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboJoe19 View Post
lol wow
I think he means more potential (which is reasonable, except for hamilton).

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
It would be very difficult to draft him at 25; as you suggested... seeing as he went 24th......
I said around 25 smart guy...