HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
??

Schenn, Doughy were lottery picks, hard to mess up, agreed ?

Clifford hasnt proved anything yet and had a terrible season. Toffoli I like but is still a prospect.

The Kings had 24 picks (since Dean took over) in the first three rounds. Of course its still early with some late draftees.

So essentially we have Voynov, Simmonds, Lewis (decent bottom player but picked way too high). Bernier is an ''unlucky'' pick because of Quick.

You think that's okay ?
i'm really tired of these "hard to mess up" and "it's a gime" arguments. You're basically saying he gets no credit for his picks, but can only get criticized? Toffoli you like but is still a prospect? So it's his fault for developing??? Clifford had a terrible season? The guy is one year older than Toffoli!! Then you say the Kings had 24 picks since Dean took over and only have Voynov, Simmonds, and Lewis??? Let me get this straight, now you're not only ignoring his Doughty and Schenn pick, you're also using it against him saying in ALL of his picks he's only had the mentioned 3 players?!?? hilarious... just hilarious. And then you compare picks that from 2006 to now and wonder why they haven't panned out yet? Maybe because they're still prospects?!?

Well you know what? Lombardi's Stanely Cup ring laughs at your illogical face. seriously, just take 1 moment to think about what you're arguing. Think if you make any logical sense at all. if you can't see it, then i can't help you out. You're just too much at a slant.

Last edited by KingPurpleDinosaur: 06-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old
06-23-2012, 08:22 AM
nki

Quote:
Of course but I dont think I have set the bar too high...

Again, 22 choices in the 1st three rounds since 2006 (minus Doughty, Schenn).

The only ones that really panned out until this date...Simmonds & Voynov (hopefully). I repeat, Simmonds & Voynov...22 picks.
Lol this is so wrong and short-sighted on so many levels, you're better than this.

Old
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Anyone crazy enough like me to have stayed up all night to watch the next 6 rounds? Or waking up to catch the 2nd?

Old
06-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
i'm really tired of these "hard to mess up" and "it's a gime" arguments. You're basically saying he gets no credit for his picks, but can only get criticized? Toffoli you like but is still a prospect? So it's his fault for developing??? Clifford had a terrible season? The guy is one year older than Toffoli!! Then you say the Kings had 24 picks since Dean took over and only have Voynov, Simmonds, and Lewis??? Let me get this straight, now you're not only ignoring his Doughty and Schenn pick, you're also using it against him saying in ALL of his picks he's only had the mentioned 3 players?!?? hilarious... just hilarious. And then you compare picks that from 2006 to now and wonder why they haven't panned out yet? Maybe because they're still prospects?!?

Well you know what? Lombardi's Stanely Cup ring laughs at your illogical face. seriously, just take 1 moment to think about what you're arguing. Think if you make any logical sense at all. if you can't see it, then i can't help you out. You're just too much at a slant.
Oh no !@! Let's add as many question marks as I can and cliche's than I'm sure I can prove I'm right !

If you get tired of this already than I'm sure you have once had pfeiffer disease already.

You got it all right. Clifford was pretty bad this season. Yeah i could have made those picks (Doughty, Schenn). Correct again. You must not have watched those drafts. Why would I share your vision about the Kings prospects, why should I think those prospects pan out ? You mean just like Moller, Teubert, Hickey ? Can I have another opinion yes ? We're still stuck with Bernier (poor guy), have one 2nd round pick and are all thrilled. What is Dean doing, he drafts a goalie.

Dean's ring laughs at my illogical face is all you can provide ? Marvellous, I must use that sentence next time as well, when I disagree with somebody. Lameness at its finest. You must have missed the part where I said that I think Dean put a winner on the ice because of good trades. That its still too early to make a judgement about a couple of prospects but that I do have my doubts about them based on the history. Of course you havent read that, you were too busy to act like a complete ass, like usual. Lombardi's Stanley Cup ring laughs at my illogical face...he says. What a farce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Lol this is so wrong and short-sighted on so many levels, you're better than this.
Than please share you opinion instead of this short-sighted sentence + the usual 'lol'.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 06-23-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old
06-23-2012, 10:11 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Pretty cool that these scouts are now comparing these draft picks to Kings players. Collberg was compared to Justin Williams and they mentioned Drew Doughty when talking about Matt Finn.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:15 AM
CNS
A World Alone

PDG at 38 to the Canes. So Michigan player going to the Canes. How long till he's traded to us?

Old
06-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I think it's almost a good thing that he is older from a post-draft development perspective, because rather than going back to Juniors and putting up video game numbers against kids mostly 2-4 years young than him, he'll likely go to Manchester and really be challenged.
Collberg and Aberg, the potential first line scoring wingers with high upside (one of whom should have been taken), have already played some against men in Sweden and will be doing so next year.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I figured we would have traded Richardson or Parse or Moller or [etc] for a pick by now... Dean's been quieter than I expected.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:32 AM
nki

Quote:
Than please share you opinion instead of this short-sighted sentence + the usual 'lol'.
Why don't you bother at making a semi-decent argument first? You know, like not taking some arbitrary criteria to fit your agenda (last i checked draft is 7 rounds not 3), not to mention that 2 in 22 number doesn't really tell us anything without a comparison to other NHL teams, also including 2010 and 2011 drafts is pretty stupid for obvious reasons, it accomplishes nothing except making that number look worse. Also you're grossly misrepresenting the fact that Doughty and Schenn were slam-dunk picks, Stamkos was the only slam-dunk, lot's of "experts" had Bogosian, and even Filatov at #2, and I've never heard of a #5 pick be a slam-dunk.

If Lombardi and his scouts are poor drafters I'm sure you can find 5-10 teams that drafted better over the timeframe of his tenure (include 2006 if you want though it's unclear how much Lombardi had to do with that draft).

And yes Hickey is going to be an NHL player.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
He didnt really excel @ the WJC. I'm slightly 'okay' with this pick. I've followed this kid a bit because of Tyler Toffoli.

I've never liked the Kings drafting since Dean Lombardi arrived. Overagers, midgets, players with barely any upside, goalies we dont need, defensmen we dont need. I never had this feeling with Dave Taylor.

The Kings won the SC because of some luck (Doughty (2nd overall), Kopitar, Quick (all DT picks) and the fact Dean can put a winner on the ice with trades.

IMO Dean and his whole scouting team pretty much sucks @ the draft. Look at the all 1st-2nd-3rd round picks since 2006.
People are way too obsessed with what round a player is drafted.

If you get two NHL players out of a draft, it is considered a great year. Doesn't matter what round.

2012 Stanley Cup champions drafted by dean and played at least one playoff game: Clifford, Voynov, Lewis, Martinez, nolan, king, doughty, Bernier, Loktionov. And dean used Simmonds and Schenn to get Richards. Kings do not win the cup without Richards.

It usually takes four years to see how a draft went. I would say dean has been outstanding at the draft table.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:52 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I think the Laughton pick is horrid for the Flyers. Maatta would have been both a value and need pick for them, instead they served him up on a silver platter for the Penguins.
Not only that double whammy but they drafted some obscure goalie with the 2nd rounder they got for Bobrovsky yesterday. I guess Homer is pre-occupied, it was a year ago today he traded Richards and Carter and signed Bryz so maybe he thinks he's due to make another big trade today.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Montreal has had a great draft on paper. Could end up being a huge year for them if they pan out.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I love when the highlight package they show for players shows them doing nothing or just casually skating. Seriously, they couldn't find any better footage?

Old
06-23-2012, 11:08 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Oh no !@! Let's add as many question marks as I can and cliche's than I'm sure I can prove I'm right !

If you get tired of this already than I'm sure you have once had pfeiffer disease already.

You got it all right. Clifford was pretty bad this season. Yeah i could have made those picks (Doughty, Schenn). Correct again. You must not have watched those drafts. Why would I share your vision about the Kings prospects, why should I think those prospects pan out ? You mean just like Moller, Teubert, Hickey ? Can I have another opinion yes ? We're still stuck with Bernier (poor guy), have one 2nd round pick and are all thrilled. What is Dean doing, he drafts a goalie.

Dean's ring laughs at my illogical face is all you can provide ? Marvellous, I must use that sentence next time as well, when I disagree with somebody. Lameness at its finest. You must have missed the part where I said that I think Dean put a winner on the ice because of good trades. That its still too early to make a judgement about a couple of prospects but that I do have my doubts about them based on the history. Of course you havent read that, you were too busy to act like a complete ass, like usual. Lombardi's Stanley Cup ring laughs at my illogical face...he says. What a farce.

Since 2006 there is only One GM that has sent more players to an NHL roster through the Draft.

He is regarded as the best GM in the Game..... The team starts with a B.... and has a bear as a mascot...

Dean Lombardi has done pretty well.

I can find the post for you, but Kingsfan broke down NHL games played since 2006 with rounds 1-7. The Kings had the second most players make an NHL roster.

Boston had a whopping 22 players or something ridiculous like that.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:12 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Okay boys, our pick is coming up. Any names I should be aware of? And is it just me or is this draft zooming by lol

Old
06-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Since 2006 there is only One GM that has sent more players to an NHL roster through the Draft.

He is regarded as the best GM in the Game..... The team starts with a B.... and has a bear as a mascot...

Dean Lombardi has done pretty well.

I can find the post for you, but Kingsfan broke down NHL games played since 2006 with rounds 1-7. The Kings had the second most players make an NHL roster.

Boston had a whopping 22 players or something ridiculous like that.
And both GMs have a Stanley Cup championship.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Okay boys, our pick is coming up. Any names I should be aware of? And is it just me or is this draft zooming by lol
They usually do after the first round. They have to, haha.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:14 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

This is boring.....think I will watch a bit of game 6.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:22 AM
CNS
A World Alone

If we get either of Slepyshev or Prokhorkin I might just forgive Dean....

Old
06-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Monarchist

Slepyshev, Prokhorkin still there I think.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:23 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Is Florida on a bathrook break???

Old
06-23-2012, 11:30 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Yes! WE ****ing got Prokhorkin!!!!!!!!! So pumped!

Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Wow, Dean goes with a Russian? Nice, it's clear what we're looking for in this year's draft lol LWers?

Old
Monarchist

Prokhorkin it is!

Old
06-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Monarchist

Trade up for Slepyshev now, please.

Closed Thread