HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
????

As an officer of the law, did you ever have those moments of wanting to do harsh things to some of the sucmbags you arrest? Of course I understand you have to be professional but that doesn't tell me you don't have such thoughts cross your mind?
Idk if I would wish ill will on anyone. Yes, he deserves the punishment, but wishing for a riot and other things to happen so further harm comes to him? A bit excessive in my book. I guess my faith and religion comes into my position, but to hope for wrong seems a little over the top for me.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Doaner, I'm a christian who believes in forgiveness, but in this case, not only did he do the things he did, Sandusky was a piece of crap for not just admitting it and saving the victims of detailing the horrific accounts in court, and for that reason alone, because they had to detail events that shouldn't be detailed in public, but in private sessions with a therapist, he deserves to be harmed in anyway possible.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Doaner, I'm a christian who believes in forgiveness, but in this case, not only did he do the things he did, Sandusky was a piece of crap for not just admitting it and saving the victims of detailing the horrific accounts in court, and for that reason alone, because they had to detail events that shouldn't be detailed in public, but in private sessions with a therapist, he deserves to be harmed in anyway possible.
To each their own. If you want the guy dead, then hope for the death penalty. For his own safety, I'm glad they will segregate him from general population. It's the right thing to do.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
To each their own. If you want the guy dead, then hope for the death penalty. For his own safety, I'm glad they will segregate him from general population. It's the right thing to do.
The safety part is a double standard within the system as the rich and famous, if they end up in jail, often get special treatment iver those who aren't. Martha Stewert is a great example here when she stayed a place called Camp Cupcake of all places.

While the auguement can be made that those who commit certain sex crimes should be executed, the death penalty sadly doesn't apply to crimes outside of certain murder charges and treason. Plus it would save the taxpayers alot on money anyway just having an immate kill the guy sooner instead of putting a needle in his arm or rot in a cell by himself.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

It highly depends on the vehicle you have and the condition it's in...a couple of examples:

1) You have a 2010 Infiniti G37S that you've done a lot of work to, suspension, brakes, engine, etc. It gets stolen, your insurance company now hands you a check for the value of a 2010 Infinit G37S. Granted some allow you to specify when you add considerable value to your car and they will take it into consideration when reimbursing you but even then you're still on the hook for hundreds or even thousands of dollars in installation fees (unless you know how to wrench your own twin turbo...hint...you don't). Lastly even if you have the best insurance in the world and they handle everything beautifully (lol...fantasy land), you're looking at months before you're even remotely back into a similar vehicle. People who drive a stock Toyota Corolla may not give a rats ass but to people who are into their cars that seriously sucks!

2) You have an old beater '85 Chevy pickup. It's actually in solid condition all things considered and showing no signs of breaking down anytime soon. It gets stolen and the insurance company hands you a check for the value of an '85 Chevy pickup, i.e. they basically won't give you crap. You lost a perfectly good working vehicle and you won't be able to replace it. Even if you're lucky enough to have the insurance company give you a little extra, the odds of you finding an old beater 85 pickup you can have confidence in is quite remote.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, that makes sense. I will never drive anything but entry level, cheap American small SUVs or trucks. I will never make any improvements to any of them. So I guess its just boring folks like me who shouldnt care.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:13 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

On the Stolen car thing, getting it back is sometimes more of a pain in the butt than just having it permanently lost. You can discover all sorts of hidden crazy problems months later and be SOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Chili's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Applebee's
Indeed. I'd had a few more >>>>>>>>>>>>'s.
But actually the Surprise Applebees burnt down, I guess Clown didn't know that since he's been out of town

Old
06-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Applebee's has a much better happy hour than Chili's and the who is better on food just depends on which menu item you compare it to.

Outback Steakhouse has the best food out of those kind of chain restarunts since almost everything they make is from scratch right at the restarunts. Of course they are expensive as **** though.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
On the Stolen car thing, getting it back is sometimes more of a pain in the butt than just having it permanently lost. You can discover all sorts of hidden crazy problems months later and be SOL.

Indeed. I'd had a few more >>>>>>>>>>>>'s.
But actually the Surprise Applebees burnt down, I guess Clown didn't know that since he's been out of town
Pretty sure Clown's a she.

I saw that it was closed, didn't know it caught fire. The things you learn on HF. (with the exception of crap in the BOH forum, "you don't deserve a team" etc.)

Old
06-30-2012, 09:40 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I saw that it was closed, didn't know it caught fire.
They are rebuilding it now, probably done soon. The whole north side of the building was torched.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Applebee's has a much better happy hour than Chili's and the who is better on food just depends on which menu item you compare it to.

Outback Steakhouse has the best food out of those kind of chain restarunts since almost everything they make is from scratch right at the restarunts. Of course they are expensive as **** though.
Worked at Applebee's and Outback. Applebee's microwaves 95% of their food, where as Outback is pure fresh. But Applebee's happy hour cannot be beat, ever. 2 for 1 is just, wow. It makes sense for how much money is made off of alchol sales from restaurants.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Idk if I would wish ill will on anyone. Yes, he deserves the punishment, but wishing for a riot and other things to happen so further harm comes to him? A bit excessive in my book. I guess my faith and religion comes into my position, but to hope for wrong seems a little over the top for me.
I have no faith or religion and I agree with you.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I have no faith or religion and I agree with you.
This. Wishing for Sandusky to be ***** completely misses the point of why he's going to jail in the first place.

Old
07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
mitch27

Made the mistake of venturing to the Trade Proposals forum. I feel like getting kicked in the groin repeatedly would be less frustrating than reading those threads...

Old
07-07-2012, 09:38 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Made the mistake of venturing to the Trade Proposals forum. I feel like getting kicked in the groin repeatedly would be less frustrating than reading those threads...
My C level prospects are worth more than your first line player!.

My 2-3rd line tweener is worth more than your 35 goal scorer!

Old
07-07-2012, 09:41 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
My C level prospects are worth more than your first line player!.

My 2-3rd line tweener is worth more than your 35 goal scorer!
"Yandle isn't worth more than a C level prospect, he can't play D". And then they proceed to get offended when we say no...

Old
07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
"Yandle isn't worth more than a C level prospect, he can't play D". And then they proceed to get offended when we say no...
Usually the move is to offer what they perceive to be an equally offensive trade going the other way. It takes a certain mentality to hang around there often. Whoever mods that forum should be paid.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:41 PM
drgregg

Quote:
That is the part of trade threads that I love the best: make an absurd proposal that benefits the team you like, act shocked and offended when fans of the team getting fleeced disagree with you, claim they know nothing, and then have the thread go down in flaming each other.

As Phoenix fans we get some extra whip cream as the thread will inevitably also include relocation/no fans/no money 'jokes' as well.

They are entertaining to read though.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
This. Wishing for Sandusky to be ***** completely misses the point of why he's going to jail in the first place.
I don't think it's so much others missing the point as others see him just going to jail for the rest of his life isn't enough punishment. It seems in the eyes of many, eye for an eye justice is better without jail or both should be applied depending on the offense.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:33 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
That is the part of trade threads that I love the best: make an absurd proposal that benefits the team you like, act shocked and offended when fans of the team getting fleeced disagree with you, claim they know nothing, and then have the thread go down in flaming each other.

As Phoenix fans we get some extra whip cream as the thread will inevitably also include relocation/no fans/no money 'jokes' as well.

They are entertaining to read though.
Everything you just said is why I try to stay away from there. Spot on.

Old
07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Yes, I'm a girl!

I didn't realize Applebee's had burnt down, or more likely I heard it at some point but promptly forgot as I never go there - to that WM or the Applebee's. Now that we have a new WM at 303 and Waddell, I can stay away from the trashy side of surprise (j/k, surprise isn't really big enough to have a trashy side yet! But that area does get more of the sun city crowd.).

But now that I think of it, I did go to five guys a couple of times, and fresh wasabi is pretty good.

Did you know that there is a group planning a big ice rink/ facility in surprise that will be comparable to the Tim's Toyota center in Prescott? Near the bowling alley, hopefully openin August 2013. That would make me very, very happy as I'd like to be able to skate without driving across town.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
awfulwaffle

Anyone here have XBOX Live? I play MW3 for now, just biding time until Halo 4 comes out later this year really. They didn't have NHL 12 in stock, so I'll probably just wait until NHL 13 comes out anyways. I mainly just use it for Netflix, but the random video game is always nice.

Add my gamertag if you wanna play : DankHarbor

Old
07-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Anyone here have XBOX Live? I play MW3 for now, just biding time until Halo 4 comes out later this year really. They didn't have NHL 12 in stock, so I'll probably just wait until NHL 13 comes out anyways. I mainly just use it for Netflix, but the random video game is always nice.

Add my gamertag if you wanna play : DankHarbor
BF3 > MW3 ...just sayin

Old
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
BF3 > MW3 ...just sayin
Ha, I might get that at some point. It was really just an impulse buy. Extra money, and a day off during the week so wanted to play some video games ha. I'm not a big video gamer online, I suck at FPS, and that is most of the games that are being made today.

I miss the good ol' days of Age of Empires 2, I played that game like it was my job.

Old
07-09-2012, 07:55 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
BF3 > MW3 ...just sayin
All other shooters > BF3&MW3

Closed Thread