HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keith Yandle on the block

Old
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I think Flip + Pulkkinen + Kindl + conditional pick based on our/Yandle's success next year would get it done.
Too much for my liking.

Zetsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:42 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I'll never understand why people think other teams will give up superstar players for whatever crap their team is looking to dump off...

Kindl, Sheahan, Emmerton, Mursak, even Franzen - these guys have very, very little trade value. Maybe they get a late pick for them. Not a #1 defenseman.
Franzen has enough value to be put into a trade. His contract length is long, but for a team like Phoenix which may not be a cap team (I am not sure if this is accurate or not), his cap hit may be valuable. Plus 20-30 goals is a nice thing for any team.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 09:55 AM
MrTaterSalad

Want to get really spicy...

Yotes Get...
Zetterberg, Flippula, Jarnkrok, 2013 1st, 2nd & 3rd Round Picks

Wings Get...
Yandle, Eckmen-Larsson & Korpikoski

That's pretty realistic right?

Back to reality, I do want Ken Holland to find a way to bring Keith Yandle in to Hockeytown. If Flip or Franzen have to be dealt to do it I'd put them in the trade.

MrTaterSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTaterSalad View Post
Want to get really spicy...

Yotes Get...
Zetterberg, Flippula, Jarnkrok, 2013 1st, 2nd & 3rd Round Picks

Wings Get...
Yandle, Eckmen-Larsson & Korpikoski

That's pretty realistic right?

Back to reality, I do want Ken Holland to find a way to bring Keith Yandle in to Hockeytown. If Flip or Franzen have to be dealt to do it I'd put them in the trade.
This board would explode if we traded our first three picks in the 2013 draft, no matter what we got back.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:31 AM
InjuredChoker

I have same attitude towards trading Yandle as I have trading for Nash.

He's really not that good, we would have to overpay and give lot of assets and other teams could fairly easily outbid us.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

From Tim Panaccio:
Quote:
As for the Flyers, a Western Conference source confirmed that the Flyers and Red Wings both have significant interest in Keith Yandle.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:39 AM
icKx
What now?

Has Yandle's defense improved any? He was pretty awful against us in the playoffs.

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:45 AM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTaterSalad View Post

Where is all this Yandle love coming from?

A little over a year ago we were all talking about how the Red Wings made him look stupid in the playoffs. Why would Phoenix be willing to trade him anyway, isn't he their franchise d-man? That doesn't make sense because he's signed for a few more years.

I think teams are willing to put some of the d-man on the block (same with Orpik) because top-4 d-men are a hot commodity and they're just hoping some desperate GM will offer a kings ransom for one of these guys.

I know the Wings are somewhat desperate for a #1 defenseman, but I don't want to see them trade Filppula+ for Yandle. I'd rather they just roll the dice in free-agency.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:19 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Would probably take something like: Filppula + Kindl + 1st 2013 for Yandle to get PHX attention.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:06 PM
chances14

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

PHX D Keith Yandle was most certainly in play for trade, steep asking price, now looks as tho PHX has pulled him back...for now anyway.

chances14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Redwings1927

With this Yandle thing speculating around I could see this roster being ideal...I honestly don't think Parise will come to us now because of pitt making those great decisions that they did do today...unfortunately.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.000m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
. Brunner ($1.500m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Scott Clemmensen ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,950,379; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,349,621

I threw Gaustad in there just because i needed to fill the void at center. I think we create a healthy package for yandle but i really don't know what to give so i guess you could take franzen out as part of the deal with kindl, abd, emmerton, and 3rd 4th 2013 picks? not sure, but i really think suter will sign here and if we can get yandle with suter, that could be a great top d...

Redwings1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:41 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
Has Yandle's defense improved any? He was pretty awful against us in the playoffs.
I'm not high on it, he coughs up the puck a lot. I think he had the worst quality of competition among Phoenix D's this season. Tippett only uses him for his offense, he doesn't kill penalties. Don't get me wrong, every team would want Yandle but he's not a plan B for Suter. Yandle is a #2 or #3, preferably paired with a really solid defensive defenseman.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:08 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Where is all this Yandle love coming from?

A little over a year ago we were all talking about how the Red Wings made him look stupid in the playoffs. Why would Phoenix be willing to trade him anyway, isn't he their franchise d-man? That doesn't make sense because he's signed for a few more years.

I think teams are willing to put some of the d-man on the block (same with Orpik) because top-4 d-men are a hot commodity and they're just hoping some desperate GM will offer a kings ransom for one of these guys.

I know the Wings are somewhat desperate for a #1 defenseman, but I don't want to see them trade Filppula+ for Yandle. I'd rather they just roll the dice in free-agency.
He's not their franchise defenseman. That honor was all but OEL's by the end of the season. OEL has a much more complete game than Yandle. They also have Rundblad and Gormley as franchise defenseman plan B and C.

I agree that the Yandle is overrated. He's Brian Rafalski in a better physical package. And he was never slated to be the elite puck-mover he has become. That said, he's young, has a great contract when its all said and done, and talented PPQBs are valued highly in this league. I would trade Filppula+ for him in a heartbeat.

Also, Yandle is on the block (per the rumors) because Phoenix has great, high-end defensive depth, and, inversely, has putrid center depth. The top 6 center talent on the market is rough as it is. This is a classic case of trading from a strength to mitigate a weakness.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 03:15 PM
detredWINgs

This is more likely to go down between Philly and Phoenix. Phoenix is probably asking for 1 of Couturier/Schenn, and Philly is probably going to wait until they're sure they can't convince Suter to sign to listen to the Couturier/Schenn demands.

I'm guessing Philly won't want to trade Schenn, but I bet they'd let go of Couturier for Yandle. And I'm betting Phoenix would love that trade, as it addresses a need, Couturier would be a great fit for their system as he's already a great two-way forward, and he also just happens to be from Phoenix, which would probably be a point of comfort for an organization who has had a hard time retaining free agents.

Last edited by detredWINgs: 06-23-2012 at 03:29 PM.
detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:01 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Pass on Yandle. Guy is overrated, average-at-best defensively, and would likely cost too much in assets.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Pass on Yandle. Guy is overrated, average-at-best defensively, and would likely cost too much in assets.
Granted he doesn't play the PK, but he's been playing a defensive system for years with Tippett and doing pretty well. He leads the team in TOI and both Bryz and Smith have looked like all-stars with him defending.

Yandle's not Lidstrom in that he's going to produce 50 points a year AND be excellent defensively, but Detroit could use a guy like him, the tip of the spear, for the powerplay. Kronwall is a respectable option, but not elite, and our only hope is Smith, White, or Quincey pick up their play.

Leave the big PK minutes to guys like Ericsson and get this team another Rafalski level guy.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post
I think Flip + Pulkkinen + Kindl + conditional pick based on our/Yandle's success next year would get it done.
Any team in the running would beat that.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetterBurger View Post
Any team in the running would beat that.
Agreed. You have to add an elite prospect like Smith.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:20 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Granted he doesn't play the PK, but he's been playing a defensive system for years with Tippett and doing pretty well. He leads the team in TOI and both Bryz and Smith have looked like all-stars with him defending.

Yandle's not Lidstrom in that he's going to produce 50 points a year AND be excellent defensively, but Detroit could use a guy like him, the tip of the spear, for the powerplay. Kronwall is a respectable option, but not elite, and our only hope is Smith, White, or Quincey pick up their play.

Leave the big PK minutes to guys like Ericsson and get this team another Rafalski level guy.
Imagine adding Yandle and Suter. Would solve our blue line for a long long time.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Everytime I watch Yandle, he's bad in his own zone. Sometimes clueless. He's maybe meshed well with Tippet's system, but I question his individual defense and how that would fit on the Wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Imagine adding Yandle and Suter. Would solve our blue line for a long long time.
If we got Suter, I'd be more comfortable with Yandle, because we could jettison White or Quincey, and it'd be an upgrade. I don't like the idea of just getting Yandle though, and having him, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, White, and Smith as our 6. Defensively, that looks awful.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
If we got Suter, I'd be more comfortable with Yandle, because we could jettison White or Quincey, and it'd be an upgrade. I don't like the idea of just getting Yandle though, and having him, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, White, and Smith as our 6. Defensively, that looks awful.
Well, on the upside we'd find out what Howard is made of in a contract year.

Old
06-23-2012, 05:38 PM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Well, on the upside we'd find out what Howard is made of in a contract year.
Ha. I'm always interested in a little silver lining!

Old
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Phoenix's GM, Don Maloney, was a guest on NHL Live today and he may have let an interesting tidbit slip. He was talking to the hosts about the upcoming free agency and he said he thinks there will be more trades then we think during that time. The very next thing he said was that he had conversations with about 12 GM's today.

Sounds to me like Keith Yandle is definitely in play and there is some significant interest. Perhaps, Ken Holland was one of those GM's?

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Keith Yandle plays less short-handed than Erik Karlsson. 6sec pk avg ice-time at last season. If we aquire him, I'd really like to know who the heck would be our pk defencemen, when we already have only these puckmoving guys? (except Ericsson)

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Keith Yandle plays less short-handed than Erik Karlsson. 6sec pk avg ice-time at last season. If we aquire him, I'd really like to know who the heck would be our pk defencemen, when we already have only these puckmoving guys? (except Ericsson)
I think Yandle would be Plan B if we, for some reason, can't acquire Suter. Kronwall and Quincey will be PK'ers. If we get Suter, probably him too. I don't think we can trust Smith yet on the PK. Ian White is too small and not defensive-minded enough.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote