HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Thinking about it more and more, I think Prokhorkin to the AHL could be good not only for him but for Lokti. Get it done Dean!

Old
06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
More on Nikolai Prokhorkin:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1163905

Old
06-23-2012, 10:50 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
No lol we took Tanner Pearson in the first round
sorry guys, not watching the Kings closely and didn't remember any pick of them..

that might be cause Prokhorkin >> Pearson

Old
06-23-2012, 10:51 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Thinking about it more and more, I think Prokhorkin to the AHL could be good not only for him but for Lokti. Get it done Dean!
Is he even eligible to play in the AHL? He's only a 1993

Old
06-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Why don't you bother at making a semi-decent argument first? You know, like not taking some arbitrary criteria to fit your agenda (last i checked draft is 7 rounds not 3), not to mention that 2 in 22 number doesn't really tell us anything without a comparison to other NHL teams, also including 2010 and 2011 drafts is pretty stupid for obvious reasons, it accomplishes nothing except making that number look worse. Also you're grossly misrepresenting the fact that Doughty and Schenn were slam-dunk picks, Stamkos was the only slam-dunk, lot's of "experts" had Bogosian, and even Filatov at #2, and I've never heard of a #5 pick be a slam-dunk.

If Lombardi and his scouts are poor drafters I'm sure you can find 5-10 teams that drafted better over the timeframe of his tenure (include 2006 if you want though it's unclear how much Lombardi had to do with that draft).

And yes Hickey is going to be an NHL player.
No arguments ? I think I have made my point, that you dont agree with it is another thing. Its better to use arguments like yours, that Hickey is going to be a NHL player and that Doughty was was not a slam dunk pick. What a bull.

For years I've read that the Kings would probably have picked Doughty as well before Stamkos if they had the 1st overall pick (I never believed that). But no, now suddenly it was a great choice and I'm grossly mispresenting it. Give me a break. I'm not even going to bother. Doughty was the obvious choice, just like Schenn.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:52 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Is he even eligible to play in the AHL? He's only a 1993
If he's eligible to be drafted, he's age eligible to play in the A. And with the fact that he's coming straight from Russia, no age restriction at all. He's already played KHL games. While I think Major Junior in Canada would be a great option, I think the A would too.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:55 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
No arguments ? I think I have made my point, that you dont agree with it is another thing. Its better to use arguments like yours, that Hickey is going to be a NHL player and that Doughty was was not a slam dunk pick. What a bull.

For years I've read that the Kings would probably have picked Doughty as well before Stamkos if they had the 1st overall pick (I never believed that). But no, now suddenly it was a great choice and I'm grossly mispresenting it. Give me a break. I'm not even going to bother. Doughty was the obvious choice, just like Schenn.
I am one of the biggest Lombardi haters on this board.

Even I give him credit for Drew, Teams screw up top Five picks all the time(Hickey).

Lombardi's draft record is not all that bad. It's competitive with GM's like Boston. That is good company.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:56 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Colin Miller, Dman, from the Soo

Old
06-23-2012, 10:56 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Colin Miller, D, Dean's favorite Soo Greyhounds.

No clue who he is....but he's not Slepyshv.

Old
06-23-2012, 10:58 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Another over-ager lol, he's Tanner Pearson's age. Probably gonna go to the AHL too. The Monarchs roster sucks now (no offense), this draft is probably going to help that roster alot

Old
06-23-2012, 10:59 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Mayor says that this guy was in our development camp last year (Colin Miller)

Old
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Yea, it looks like DL is getting some players for the A

Old
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Since 2006 there is only One GM that has sent more players to an NHL roster through the Draft.

He is regarded as the best GM in the Game..... The team starts with a B.... and has a bear as a mascot...

Dean Lombardi has done pretty well.

I can find the post for you, but Kingsfan broke down NHL games played since 2006 with rounds 1-7. The Kings had the second most players make an NHL roster.

Boston had a whopping 22 players or something ridiculous like that.
The important pieces came here through trades, UFA's or were Dave Taylor picks (Quick, Brown, Kopitar). Doughty was a logical choice as 2nd overall, so was Schenn and because of that and a great pick like Simmonds, the Kings were able to get Richards.

Look at the Kings roster.

Old
johnjm22

A lot of people expected Prokhorkin to go much earlier. Getting him with the 121st pick is great. Hopefully he goes straight to the AHL.

He was the 9th highest ranked European skater in the entire draft.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Lookin' good. Figured Miller would be more recognized, since we invited him to training camp at the start of this year...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
06-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Monarchist

http://www.saultstar.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=3185256

From last year:

Quote:
"I definitely want to get drafted," continued the six-foot-one, 177-pounder. "All I want is an opportunity."

While Miller remains unsure as to what will happen — "Teams are interested, but you never know," he said — Hounds general manager Kyle Dubas offered some encouraging words.

While Dubas admitted he hasn't received a lot of calls from NHL teams about Miller, the "five or six" who have reached out, "are very passionate about him."

Dubas praised Miller saying Ryan Murphy, the Kitchener Rangers star defenceman expected to go early in the first round, "might be the only better skater than Miller among defencemen in this draft."

Further, Dubas said: "There aren't many defencemen who can skate and move the puck like him. He can fly."

Considering Miller has had just one season in the OHL, Dubas, based on the player's potential, feels the defenceman should be drafted.

In NHL Central Scouting's final rankings, Miller was rated 148th among North American skaters.

"If he does go, I think it'll be between the fifth and seventh rounds," the GM added. "And clearly, you can project Colin as an NHL player."

For Miller, who's often modest about his talents, the words of Dubas, a former NHL Players Association certified agent, sounded like a sweet symphony.

"I don't know about all that," he said of Dubas's opinions. "But those are very, very nice complements. I have a lot of respect for Kyle and to hear him say that is very nice."

Interviewed by two NHL teams, Miller said he thought both went well.

Asked by the teams to describe how he saw himself as a player, Miller recalled his answer.

"I feel my skating is a positive," he said he told the clubs. "It can help me in a lot of ways. I feel I have a strong defensive game and my offensive game is developing."

Old
06-23-2012, 11:01 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
A lot of people expected Prokhorkin to go much earlier. Getting him with the 121st pick is great. Hopefully he goes straight to the AHL.

He was the 9th highest ranked European skater in the entire draft.
I was one of them. I FULLY expected him to go in the 2nd. And like I said, straight to the A is not a bad option at all. Hopefully we get what we've had before in an interview from Futa who can give us more input there.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post

For years I've read that the Kings would probably have picked Doughty before Stamkos if they had the 1st overall pick (I never believed that). But no, now suddenly it was a great choice and I'm grossly mispresenting it. Give me a break. I'm not even going to bother. Doughty was the obvious choice, just like Schenn.
The Hickey thing was there to spite you more than anything, but it's still going to end up being true.

Doughty was not a slam dunk pick at #2. ISS had Doughty #4 Filatov at #3 Bogosian at #2, Central scouting had Bogosian at #2 and Doughty at #3, Stamkos was the only slam-dunk to be taken at #1, Doughty depending on who you asked was anywhere from 2-4. If you've been hearing for years that the Kings were so high on Doughty then you might want to give some credit to them, because it wasn't considered a slam-dunk at the time of the draft that he will go #2. So yes you are grossly misrepresenting it, in fact your whole original argument is based on nitpicking and misrepresentation so I'm not surprised you're not even going to bother because you didn't even bother in the first place.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:02 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If he's eligible to be drafted, he's age eligible to play in the A. And with the fact that he's coming straight from Russia, no age restriction at all. He's already played KHL games. While I think Major Junior in Canada would be a great option, I think the A would too.
That is false lol. Most of these kids have to return to their junior team. Do you not remember what we did with Hickey, Teubert, Schenn, etc? Those guys needed another year (I think they actually played 2 seasons of junior after they were drafted) before they were eligible for the AHL. Only thing with Prokhorin is that he's from Russia, so I don't know what his deal is. I know when Loktionov came to N-A, he played for Windsor for a year before he went to Manchester

Old
06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
damacles1156

The Kid will go straight to the AHL. So Manchester is looking good.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Colin Miller is scrappy:

Old
06-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
In this story from the Sault Star, Miller talked about his time with the Kings and said, “It’s close to the hardest thing I’ve ever been through in hockey. I learned a lot on the ice and it definitely opened my eyes as to the life of a professional athlete. I saw how hard they have to work and how committed they have to be.”
After his training camp with us.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:05 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Kid will go straight to the AHL. So Manchester is looking good.
Yeah, exactly what I said. Seems like this draft is to help Manchester more than anything. Pearson and Miller will both go to the Monarchs.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:06 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
That is false lol. Most of these kids have to return to their junior team. Do you not remember what we did with Hickey, Teubert, Schenn, etc? Those guys needed another year (I think they actually played 2 seasons of junior after they were drafted) before they were eligible for the AHL. Only thing with Prokhorin is that he's from Russia, so I don't know what his deal is. I know when Loktionov came to N-A, he played for Windsor for a year before he went to Manchester
I meant for Russians

Voynov could come over at 18 because there is no transfer agreement blocking it. There IS one however for people drafted out of the CHL.

Also, Lokti went to Windsor because that's what the Kings wanted. Slava went to Manch because that's what the Kings wanted.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:08 AM
johnjm22

So something like this in Manchester next year?

Pearson-Vey-Toffoli
Prokhorkin-Loktionov-Kozun

Looks good on paper.

Closed Thread