HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Draft to be held in Philadelphia

Old
06-22-2012, 06:00 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
dream scenario is us drafting last.
qft!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I really hope the Flyers have a first round pick in 2014. I got to go to the draft in 2004 and our first pick was Rob Bellamy at 92nd overall. That was probably the Flyers worst draft ever.

"Only three players made it into the NHL - Triston Grant 8 games, Laliberte 11, Martin Houle 1 - for a grand total of 20 combined NHL games played."

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...he-2004-flyers

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
I realize there isn't an answer for the 2014 Draft yet, but how does one ordinarily obtain free tickets to a draft?

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:39 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
I realize there isn't an answer for the 2014 Draft yet, but how does one ordinarily obtain free tickets to a draft?
More than likely the host team will issue specifics once they become approved by the League. Peter Luukko will probably be the point man for the event. When the details are confirmed, the team will publicize it.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

In Carolina, we just walked up. Granted, it isn't a hockey hotbed. But still I can't imagine 20,000 people showing up for the draft. The second day should be sparse.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 06:21 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I really hope the Flyers have a first round pick in 2014. I got to go to the draft in 2004 and our first pick was Rob Bellamy at 92nd overall. That was probably the Flyers worst draft ever.

"Only three players made it into the NHL - Triston Grant 8 games, Laliberte 11, Martin Houle 1 - for a grand total of 20 combined NHL games played."

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...he-2004-flyers
They won't trade that pick. Wouldn't make sense to give us nothing to do.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Devils won't have their 1st round pick next year as the option was for 2012 or 2013 due to Cap circumvention on the Kovalchuk deal.

I really thought they'd pass on this year's pick given it was 29th. What are the odds of them being even close to that high next year?

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:37 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Devils won't have their 1st round pick next year as the option was for 2012 or 2013 due to Cap circumvention on the Kovalchuk deal.

I really thought they'd pass on this year's pick given it was 29th. What are the odds of them being even close to that high next year?
Well, they clearly expect to win the Cup, just like us or 20 other teams so within the next 2 years. If you think you can, then just wait to give up #30.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 07:40 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

This article doesn't mention tickets but there are comments about the business side of hosting the Draft:

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2012/...6278380502.txt

Quote:
“We’ve been working with the Visitors and Convention Bureau, getting room rates that are acceptable to the league,” Luukko said. “And we’ve been working on potential sites for the various parties and receptions.”

That’s just the start, of course, of preparations that would have to be made over the next couple of years. It would also seem to make sense that Wells Fargo Center — now 16 years old — would need some serious sprucing up.

...And wireless that actually works.

But Luukko said the area where Xfinity Live is located won’t be dramatically altered.

No time, apparently. But Luukko said Comcast/Spectacor is still taking bids from companies interested in constructing a hotel adjacent to the stadium complex parking lots.

Old
06-23-2012, 07:44 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post

The option is 2013 or 2014.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ar_spot_p.html

Quote:
The Devils must forfeit their first round pick in 2013 or 2014.

Why did they decide to keep the pick rather than wait for next year's draft? Because the Devils' scouting staff is confident it can get a good prospect this year and doesn't expect to be picking much higher in 2013.

What does the '13 draft look like?

Old
06-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Thanks for the correction.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 08:21 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Dream Scenario is us drafting last.
We will... but only because we gave another team a player that put them over the top for a Cup and got a 1st in return.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:32 AM
rainrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I really hope the Flyers have a first round pick in 2014
Homer will pull something out of his sleeve to make sure the Flyers are a big part of that draft.

rainrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:42 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Homer will pull something out of his sleeve to make sure the Flyers are a big part of that draft.
Aaron Ekblad

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Hope no one minds a CBJ fan arriving on the scene.

I went to the draft this past weekend in Pittsburgh with my wife. Both of us are Ohioans, so we're used to Picksburghers and "how they are". The nonstop booing of everything Philadelphia was annoying; I have no opposition to good-natured anything, but this was extreme.

Each team puts together their own brief video internally to be shown before the team makes their first selection. Some were good, some were not. Florida's looked like they found all the game designers from "Command and Conquer" and put them to work on it. But what disappointed me was that Philly's staff didn't go for the ultimate trolling: a video showing 45 years of highlights of Philly destroying Pittsburgh and nothing else. No Stanley Cups, no other teams...just everything against Pittsburgh.

So with Philly hosting in two years, I want to see that video being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
In 2007 with Columbus, it was a walk-up basis for tickets. I don't think they were available through Ticketmaster; I'm pretty sure that you actually had to go to the box office or one of the outlets.

For this year, Penguins' STHs could reserve them up to a certain number. The team then made 1,500 available for the first round, and 3,500 for the second day. Closed-off sections were everything that was beyond the side of the stage. Attendance was probably 95% of availability for the first round, and maybe 20% for the second day. There were probably 1,200 to 1,500 people there the entire second day in the public seating.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote