HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2012, 12:31 PM
  #976
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,665
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I'll try to explain this a bit better.


He was brought to prospect camp before the season, and then kept around into preseason. Someone told him that the team was ready to send him back to juniors, but the brilliant minds above wanted him to come back (I think he was on his wait to the airport) and sign him to a contract. Somewhere in there he played a preseason game (shown above). He was not yet eligible to be an undrafted free agent, so whoever the first guy was, was the one who knew that the hell he was doing.

Then it was later said by Holmgren that the Flyers intended on drafting him in the middle of last year's draft, and "forgot about him," until they had their last pick in the 7th round and were deciding between him and a goon (Derek Mathers), the latter no-talent guy was drafted and now signed. That's what annoyed the **** out of Flyers fans.
That's incredible. Thanks.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:31 PM
  #977
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Why are you so obsessed with when a player was drafted? Round doesn't matter.

2012 Stanley Cup Champions drafted by Dean and played at least one playoff game: Doughty, Martinez, Voynov, Clifford, King, Lewis, Loktionov, Nolan and Bernier. 40% of the roster.

Simmonds and Schenn played every playoff game for Philly this season.
Obessed when a player is drafted ? I dont agree that this team is so good right now because of Dean's great draft record.

The main core.

Drew Doughty (2nd overall pick)
Jeff Carter (trade J.Johnson + 1st)
Kopitar (Dave Taylor pick)
Brown (Dave Taylor pick)
Williams (trade)
Richards (trade Schenn (5th overall) and for once a great pick Simmonds)
Scuderi (UFA)
Mitchell (UFA)
Greene & Stoll (trade)
Quick (Dave Taylor pick)

This team has been made through trades and UFA's and picks from the past. FACT. Not because of Dean Lombardi's great drafting. That's what I have been saying. Those 768 posts of yours about Terry Murray, that was an obsession.

Frolov 6'3 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
  #978
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,665
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Obessed when a player is drafted ? I dont agree that this team is so good right now because of Dean's great draft record.

The main core.

Drew Doughty (2nd overall pick)
Jeff Carter (trade J.Johnson + 1st)
Kopitar (Dave Taylor pick)
Brown (Dave Taylor pick)
Williams (trade)
Richards (trade Schenn (5th overall) and for once a great pick Simmonds)
Scuderi (UFA)
Mitchell (UFA)
Greene & Stoll (trade)
Quick (Dave Taylor pick)

This team has been made through trades and UFA's and picks from the past. Not because of Dean Lombardi's great drafting. That's what I have been saying. Those 768 posts of yours about Terry Murray, that was an obsession.
Heh. Many trades are a result of drafting and moves made with the draft in mind. I wouldn't be so cynical about our ability to draft. We've just managed our assets so well it has been less of a factor the past few years, but it is still very important and will be even more so going forward.

Telos is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
  #979
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,536
vCash: 500
We have a very good chance of getting Slepyshev.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #980
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Has the final round started yet?

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #981
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Obessed when a player is drafted ? I dont agree that this team is so good right now because of Dean's great draft record.

The main core.

Drew Doughty (2nd overall pick)
Jeff Carter (trade J.Johnson + 1st)
Kopitar (Dave Taylor pick)
Brown (Dave Taylor pick)
Williams (trade)
Richards (trade Schenn (5th overall) and for once a great pick Simmonds)
Scuderi (UFA)
Mitchell (UFA)
Greene & Stoll (trade)
Quick (Dave Taylor pick)

This team has been made through trades and UFA's and picks from the past. FACT. Not because of Dean Lombardi's great drafting. That's what I have been saying. Those 768 posts of yours about Terry Murray, that was an obsession.
That "main core" doesn't win the Stanley Cup without the support of Trevor Lewis, Slava Voynov, Alec Martinez, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan.

Thrice is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #982
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
We have a very good chance of getting Slepyshev.
If he falls to the last pick and we pass, that will be a HORRIBLE move. You can guarantee you lock him up for at least 2 years of being your property. Anyone else you wanted last overall you can invite to camp. Slep is a guy you must lock up with the use of a pick.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #983
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
The best player in the playoffs was drafted by Lombardi.
You have lost all credibillity already but please tell me, who was this player ? Just to make it even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
That "main core" doesn't win the Stanley Cup without the support of Trevor Lewis, Slava Voynov, Alec Martinez, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan.
Absolutely debatable.

Frolov 6'3 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #984
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Wait, is Bernier still a King?

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #985
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Has the final round started yet?
Yes. Over half way through now.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
  #986
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Obessed when a player is drafted ? I dont agree that this team is so good right now because of Dean's great draft record.

The main core.

Drew Doughty (2nd overall pick)
Jeff Carter (trade J.Johnson + 1st)
Kopitar (Dave Taylor pick)
Brown (Dave Taylor pick)
Williams (trade)
Richards (trade Schenn (5th overall) and for once a great pick Simmonds)
Scuderi (UFA)
Mitchell (UFA)
Greene & Stoll (trade)
Quick (Dave Taylor pick)

This team has been made through trades and UFA's and picks from the past. FACT. Not because of Dean Lombardi's great drafting. That's what I have been saying. Those 768 posts of yours about Terry Murray, that was an obsession.
How can Nolan/King not be a great pick ......

King is a 4th rounder ? Nolan is a 7th rounder. King had almost more Goals than PHX entire roster in the series.

Those Kids were awesome, and a big reason the lineup started to play well.


Last edited by damacles1156: 06-23-2012 at 12:43 PM.
damacles1156 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
  #987
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,536
vCash: 500
............

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
  #988
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
You have lost all credibillity already but please tell me, who was this player ? Just to me it even worse.
Drew Doughty ?

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
  #989
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,665
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Dmitry Sinitsyn
Went to the Dallas Stars.

Telos is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
  #990
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Gusev to Tampa. Finally someone picks him. Give us Slepy-head!

CNS is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
  #991
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Went to the Dallas Stars.
Yeah I was looking at TSN's draft board and it said LA. I forgot we traded the pick to Dallas.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:41 PM
  #992
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Gusev to Tampa. Finally someone picks him.

Wasn't he supposed to be a 2nd rounder?

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  #993
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Wasn't he supposed to be a 2nd rounder?
So were Prokhorkin and Slepyshev.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  #994
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
With the CBA being wonkie , I think some GM's are scared to pick Russians.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
  #995
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
So were Prokhorkin and Slepyshev.

Is Porkins better than Sleepy?

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
  #996
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,941
vCash: 500
12 of 23 players on the Cup winning team were Kings draft picks (3 from Taylor, 9 from Lombardi).
8 were traded for, most if not all using players that Dean had scouted, drafted, developed.
3 were free agent signings.

No matter what you say, his ability to stockpile assets is what gave this team the ammo to make big moves that got them the Cup. How anyone can continue to whine today is beyond me.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
  #997
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Monarchist is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
  #998
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,836
vCash: 500
Awwww

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:44 PM
  #999
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Is Porkins better than Sleepy?
I'd say so but only time will tell.



WOW! WE JUST DRAFTED NICK EBERT?!?!?!!?!?!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

CNS is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 12:45 PM
  #1000
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,695
vCash: 500
We get a movie critic...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.