HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Draft [NBCSN, TSN, NHLN, 6/22 & 6/23, 2012] NSH first picks @ 37th & 50th

Old
06-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
NOOOOOOO... I've become a cynical SOB and I was thinking trading him for a couple fo 1st in year 7 as the next Norse God takes over in Net.
Well, if the price is right...you have to consider it. There's no doubt the Euro scouts are already eying some 13 year old 6'1 kid out there stopping pucks.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

First time in Pred history we took 5 forwards with our first 5 picks (highest was 3). Maybe first time including Poile's Washington days as well. Change of tides or anomaly? Probably a little of both. Very interesting either way considering this draft was D heavy.

Excited to read up on everyone. Only guy I was familiar with was Sissons.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Caron could't tend a shrimp stand, let alone an NHL goal. I don't think we have any intention of retaining him. Engren isn't coming back, and Pickard might actually be worse than Brian Finley. For all intents and purposes, Hellberg and Smith are all we have. Mazanec's not great, but he was probably the best available.

He'll probably split starts with Adam Svoboda again this year, then come over next year.

If we do sign Caron, I see him heading to Milwaukee. That leaves Hellberg and Smith as potential backups to Peks while the other gets time developing in AHL. If Caron walks, we see Chet as the backup in Milwaukee behind either Smith or Magnus. Pickard is entering his make or break season as a pro ... take that next step and become a late bloomer or forever be remembered as a bust.

16 goalies drafted in Preds history prior to today ... one with any real success in the NHL to date. The odds are better that Mazanec is the next Kettles, Moir, Penko or Davis than the next Rinne or even the next Lasak / Lindback.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

After round 1, Poile mentioned that there were two guys he really had his eye on at #37. One being Aberg I assume, wonder who the other was?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
After round 1, Poile mentioned that there were two guys he really had his eye on at #37. One being Aberg I assume, wonder who the other was?
probably the guy that went to detroit

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote