HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part IX: Howson often gives nuts to toothless people

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Chief

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did Parise not say he is not signing here, why bother mentioning the guy
Yes, and Lindros said he would only accept a deal to Toronto. And then he accepted a trade to the Rangers. I dont think he's headed here but his comment has little to do with that. In any event, people change their minds. I don't even think what Parise said was much more than a reaction to a question about leaving the Devils right after losing a tough series but I have no problem with people bringing his name up until the day he signs elsewhere.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Yes, and Lindros said he would only accept a deal to Toronto. And then he accepted a trade to the Rangers. I dont think he's headed here but his comment has little to do with that. In any event, people change their minds. I don't even think what Parise said was much more than a reaction to a question about leaving the Devils right after losing a tough series but I have no problem with people bringing his name up until the day he signs elsewhere.
Correct, and until he does he helps create leverage on a deal for Ryan or Nash.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I am sure the FO is kicking tires everywhere. If it's one thing I absolutely trust with Slats is negotiating trades .. he is brilliant at it. He always manages to squeeze blood from stone.
I've got a friend who is friends with an x-head of amateur scouting for an NHL team. I met him a few times and he said this about Sather:

"You could be in the middle of a hurricane and Slats would offer you a straw hat."

Old
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Mickey8

Jeff Skinner, Should The Rangers Go For Him?

After Jordan Staal getting traded to Carolina, I'm sure some thoughts wondered if Marc Staal will ever play there.

It does make sense that Rangers can strike a deal with Carolina if lets say Jeff Skinner was part of the deal. Rangers are looking for offense, Jeff Skinner is just about a perfect fit for the Rangers.

He can hop on to a line with Brad Richards and Marion Gaborik. Would be one of the lethalest lines in the game today.

While Hurricanes having three Staal brothers, would be scary in itself.

Truth is, I'm all talk here and I have no idea if Jeff Skinner is untouchable. But yet, it seems okay for Sather to pick up the phone and ask Rutherfod if he's interested in a Staal- Skinner deal. What about Dubinsky and Marc Staal for Jeff Skinner type trade? Seems about fair to ask, maybe Rangers add in a prospect?

Rangers would then have money to try to sign Ryan Suter to replace Marc Staal. If not, next year they'd have room to go after Shea Weber if he becomes a free agent.

Any thoughts?

Is this possible?

Old
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I've got a friend who is friends with an x-head of amateur scouting for an NHL team. I met him a few times and he said this about Sather:

"You could be in the middle of a hurricane and Slats would offer you a straw hat."
HAHAHA .... well said.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Lundsanity30

Say what u want, but the Rangers would be sick w Parise and Schultz

Old
06-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

I am not trading Staal for that whining *****. Just because Jordan and Eric are in Carolina, doesn't mean Marc has to play there too.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:48 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Say what u want, but the Rangers would be sick w Parise and Schultz
Maybe I am one of the few, but I look at Parise and Callahan in the same light (in terms of what they bring to the table) and IMHO, neither are worth 8M per.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:49 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey8 View Post
After Jordan Staal getting traded to Carolina, I'm sure some thoughts wondered if Marc Staal will ever play there.

It does make sense that Rangers can strike a deal with Carolina if lets say Jeff Skinner was part of the deal. Rangers are looking for offense, Jeff Skinner is just about a perfect fit for the Rangers.

He can hop on to a line with Brad Richards and Marion Gaborik. Would be one of the lethalest lines in the game today.

While Hurricanes having three Staal brothers, would be scary in itself.

Truth is, I'm all talk here and I have no idea if Jeff Skinner is untouchable. But yet, it seems okay for Sather to pick up the phone and ask Rutherfod if he's interested in a Staal- Skinner deal. What about Dubinsky and Marc Staal for Jeff Skinner type trade? Seems about fair to ask, maybe Rangers add in a prospect?

Rangers would then have money to try to sign Ryan Suter to replace Marc Staal. If not, next year they'd have room to go after Shea Weber if he becomes a free agent.

Any thoughts?

Is this possible?
No it is not possible.

Carolina is not trading Skinner.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Maybe I am one of the few, but I look at Parise and Callahan in the same light (in terms of what they bring to the table) and IMHO, neither are worth 8M per.
Parise has scored 94pts before though. Also playing w Richards? Gaborik moves to 2nd line with step and hags. Callahan dubi anis 3rd line? Man!

Old
06-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Sorry not dubi, we would likely have to trade his salary.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:58 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Parise has scored 94pts before though. Also playing w Richards? Gaborik moves to 2nd line with step and hags. Callahan dubi anis 3rd line? Man!
He is not ELITE enough to warrant what he wants.

Old
06-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
did Parise not say he is not signing here, why bother mentioning the guy

Guys like Doan and Whiteny would be great but long shot on Doan leaving Phoenix, I think Whitney may though
he basically took back his comments a couple days ago I forgot where it was reported but he said he was put on the spot and will see what happens

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I am not trading Staal for that whining *****. Just because Jordan and Eric are in Carolina, doesn't mean Marc has to play there too.
as I told my buddies ask me in 3 yrs. Its a non issue for the next few yrs for sure. Maybe they entertain it in his last yr of Free Agency and if the Rangers can get a similar haul to what Carolina gave up for Jordan then I would be fine with it....maybe

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
He is not ELITE enough to warrant what he wants.
Nope but he's the best available and will get paid and while not elite, he's very very good and would make this team elite imo

Old
06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Teams interested in Rick Nash say asking price remains high and there's no sense out of CBJ anything is imminent. Likely to be post-July 1.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...88968794390529

Old
06-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Post July 1st or never...

Old
06-23-2012, 01:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Schultz will be taking offers on Wednesday. He is meeting with the Newport Sports people Tuesday.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Post July 1st or never...
I'm gona go with never.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Schultz will be taking offers on Wednesday. He is meeting with the Newport Sports people Tuesday.
Come on stepan make the pitch!!

Old
06-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Chief

Forget the comparisons to Cally, Parise is a better version of Brad Richards, right now. Better goal scorer, more physical, better defensively. The guy is everything Torts wants in a player. He's already scored over 90 and 80 points and 38 and 45 goals at 26 years old, for crying out loud. Next year he'll be a big time producer again a full year recovered from an injury that cost him an entire season.

All that said, I still think he'll sign elsewhere. Nothing has happened to change my mind that Nash will be a Ranger this summer.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:13 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Caps wanted Jordan Staal but it appears Pitt wants Staal in Carolina. They didn't want him with the Rangers or the Caps or another team. They must feel Carolina is going to suck playing in a conference with the Rangers,Pitt,Flyers,Caps,Devils and Islanders.

Quote:
McPhee tried getting in on Staal talks but Shero wasn't interested: "It was funny, he kept talking around it, there's not much going on."
https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/216585227986927617

This Staal stuff make me uncomfortable. I love the guy but if the Rangers could get an impact top line forward for him,I would move him. Not Nash. Not Ryan. Everyone will be speculating about Staal joining his brothers. Who needs that distraction? Go get Schultz. You have McDonagh,Girardi,Del Zotto,Erixon,etc. I don't want guys looking to plan their exit strategy in a few years.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Staal just made it clear that a lack of ice time and role with the Pens was why he wanted to go to Carolina
https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/st...94258277306368

Other teams would have given him the ice time and a role besides Carolina.

Old
06-23-2012, 01:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Don't have much interest in dealing with this BS.

Quote:
By the way, don’t be the least surprised if two years from now -- when Marc Staal is one year away from unrestricted free agency -- that the Hurricanes come calling on the Rangers with a trade offer. You can take that to the bank.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...rn-of-michalek

Quote:
“For many years the family has said that they wanted to play together, and now they are together so I don’t know why he’d want to go somewhere else,” said Rutherford, who stared straight ahead stone-faced and silent when asked if his next move would be to acquire Marc Staal from the Rangers.

The Blueshirts’ alternate captain, who has three years remaining on his contract, is not available.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1ydr0zkLg

Old
06-23-2012, 01:21 PM
DutchShamrock

If Staal is going to leave for Carolina, it will be after 2015. That's 3 runs at a cup. If we're moving Staal, I want to be absolute bribed and overpaid. I want a ransom.

He's signed to a great contract, it's not up in the near future, and he's in the elite class of shut down defensemen. If Jordan got Suter, #8 and the other guy that's slipping my mind... I don't think Carolina has the package available to even pry him from us.

Closed Thread